Who thinks adam should wear a vest? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NOT LPD
    Hey, I didnt brush my teeth today...lets start a thread about that too.

Lauderhill cops are officially the counties gossip queens.

Who cares if the kid doesnt wear a vest. Half of my department doesnt wear one either. Thats why its optional. You guys really shouldnt broadcast this type of stuff. You say your worried about one of your officers not wearing a vest?????? Good job, now everyone in your city knows too. Hope hes not too proactive out there.

Goodluck vestless one, your own may get you killed
    I completely disagree. You should try working in Lauderhill without a vest. They shoot at you here.

WEAR YOUR VEST PLAIN AND SIMPLE YOU GOOFY *******. WE LOVE YOU BOTTOM LINE!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    WE CANT SAY THE WORD 'B-A-S-T-A-R-D' HERE? OK ADAM, YOU GOOFY SON OF PARENTS BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK!

Adam, you are easily within the counties top cops catagory. I cant believe you work for the hood and you dont wear protection. I dont work with you, but i've known you since our teens. Guess who.

Where your damn vest before I beat the crap out of you like the old days lol.

Seriously, I've read this blogs. Its cool to see that some many of your parners truly care about you.

I dont want to watch your chief hand your loved ones a folded flag!

Oh, and I forgot to mention something. I dont know about lauderhill, but my fire-rescue people crawl out of bed and respond to officer injuries at 15 MPH. It takes our rescue sometimes 15 minutes to respond. Is Lauderhill Fire any better? If not, something to think about.

if you get shot, remember the golden hour rule. You HAVE to be fixed within one hour or you die.

Also, do you Lauderhil guys have the same agreement regarding downed cops. Our rule is if a cop is seriously injuried, hes put in a patrol car and rushed to north broward. Same for you guys? I HOPE SO

ADAM ...

Go to your doctor and get a slip that you have to wear a tactical vest and cotton shirt! It is called contact dermititis ... from having too much moisture on your skin for long periods of time! If it is work related workmans comp has to provide you a vest and clothing!

MG

Quote Originally Posted by DUMB A$$
    Adam, you are easily within the counties top cops catagory. I cant believe you work for the hood and you dont wear protection. I dont work with you, but i've known you since our teens. Guess who.

Where your darn vest before I beat the crap out of you like the old days lol.

Seriously, I've read this blogs. Its cool to see that some many of your parners truly care about you.

I dont want to watch your chief hand your loved ones a folded flag!
    Speaking of this, What was your dumbass doing looking for a 41/0 suspect without a VEST and without a 94 last night? Good job finding him, but this is what were talking about. Your out looking for an armed guy and your not wearing a vest. Come on Adam, were not writing to hurt you, we care buddy. By the way, we heard you go 10-8 even though you whispered into the radio so we wouldnt hear you. LOL NICE TRY. The phone calls were made and we were in the area waiting for you to scream. LOL. Good job with that arrest but wear your vest a$$hole

Quote Originally Posted by DUMB A$$
    Oh, and I forgot to mention something. I dont know about lauderhill, but my fire-rescue people crawl out of bed and respond to officer injuries at 15 MPH. It takes our rescue sometimes 15 minutes to respond. Is Lauderhill Fire any better? If not, something to think about.

if you get shot, remember the golden hour rule. You HAVE to be fixed within one hour or you die.

Also, do you Lauderhil guys have the same agreement regarding downed cops. Our rule is if a cop is seriously injuried, hes put in a patrol car and rushed to north broward. Same for you guys? I HOPE SO
    This is something we should seriously all discuss with each other (unwritten policy). This is somehing that we should discuss now and not when were standing over a shot cop. I agree, I personally think that we should transport our own and have dispatch contact BGH and let them know were 51. Every cop car should also have QUICK CLOT in the golve boxes. It suppresses major bleeding and is used by the armed forces. It truly enhances your chances of survival. And it only costs like 30 bucks and could be purchased online.

Be safe boys and gals

URGENT - re: officer down

[quote=FIRE-RESCUE][quote="DUMB A$$":3tba4e3n]Oh, and I forgot to mention something. I dont know about lauderhill, but my fire-rescue people crawl out of bed and respond to officer injuries at 15 MPH. It takes our rescue sometimes 15 minutes to respond. Is Lauderhill Fire any better? If not, something to think about.

Also, do you Lauderhil guys have the same agreement regarding downed cops. Our rule is if a cop is seriously injuried, hes put in a patrol car and rushed to north broward. Same for you guys? I HOPE SO[/quote]

This is something we should seriously all discuss with each other (unwritten policy). This is somehing that we should discuss now and not when were standing over a shot cop. I agree, I personally think that we should transport our own and have dispatch contact BGH and let them know were 51. Every cop car should also have QUICK CLOT in the golve boxes. It suppresses major bleeding and is used by the armed forces. It truly enhances your chances of survival. And it only costs like 30 bucks and could be purchased online.

Be safe boys and gals[/quote:3tba4e3n]

As a former police officer (a million years ago) in Suffolk County New York and the current Associate Director of Emergency Services at CentraState Medical Center in New Jersey I must reply to the comments about being shot and the benefits of rapid transport versus waiting for EMS as well as the advantages and disadvantages of Quick Clot.

The VAST MAJORITY of fatalities from gunshot wounds are the result of INTERNAL BLEEDING. This is why if you respond to a shooting it is more common to see entry wounds with some capillary bleeding rather than a victim laying in a pool of blood who has exanguinated, or died from the loss of all of his blood.

QUICK CLOT, works on EXTERNAL BLEEDING ONLY. In many studies such as one conducted in Houston by Dr. Daniel Rosa, a similiar product to Quick Clot made by a different company showed NO increase in the 24 hour, 7 day or 30 day survival for patients with penetrating trauma.

When you are shot you die from a lack of volume. While this is secondary to bleeding, it is mostly internal bleeding. EMS can replace lost volume with IV Saline, or IV Lactated Ringers.

EMS also has the ability to decompress a chest with a needle. This procedure is performed when trauma to the chest results in a collapsed lung. The air that escapes from the lung puts pressure on the heart causing it to stop beating. EMS can solve this withing 15 seconds by preforming what is called a needle decompression.

EMS also has the ability to stick a needle into the pericardium (the sac that surrounds the heart) to remove blood that has collected there preventing the vnetricles in the heart to contract.

Most importantly, advanced EMS providers such as EMT-Intermediates and paramedics have the ability to secure a patients airway through advanced measures such as Intubation and Tracheotomy.

In the early days of EMS, the "load and go" method you describe was used. Without exception, almost EVERY study that has been conducted on the benefits of EMS show that survivability is greatly increased with early advanced treatment, such as that treatment provided by EMS agencies.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [email="PitsiousDOC@yahoo.com"]PitsiousDOC@yahoo.com[/email].

Mark Pitsious, MD

Then maybe it would be better to load into squad car and go to fire rescue station or meet fd half way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast