Upcoming Election for Sheriff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upcoming Election for Sheriff

Haven't seen a lot of chat about candidates for Sheriff of Highlands County. No smart...booty comments please, but is Mike Brown going to run again? "The guy from Lake Placid", has anyone heard anything else about him? What about John King? Dale LaFlamm? Is it going to be just one person to run against Sheriff Benton?

What does everyone think the main issues are going to be? This post isn't to stur anything up, just curious. Didn't Sheriff Benton give the employees of the Sheriff's Office a good raise? Hasn't there been a lot of equipment upgrades? Nobody's perfect by any means, but has she really done such a bad job as other posts have suggested?

Based on other posts, I'm sure there will be some sarcastic comments, however why not take the time to post some legitimate concerns, if any?

Election

Sheriff Benton will be the sheriff of this county until she decides she no longer wants the position. Not crazy about everything that the admin does but I certainly can't complain.

Re: Election

Quote Originally Posted by deputy dog69
    Sheriff Benton will be the sheriff of this county until she decides she no longer wants the position. Not crazy about everything that the admin does but I certainly can't complain.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY , I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE THAT IS FUNNY

Sheriff Benton is a JOKE!!! I laugh every time I hear the 2 words put together!!! Sheriff Benton!!! :lol:

"The guy from Lake Placid", I heard he spoke last night at a dinner for the republican party of Highlands County. I have been trying to find a write up about it in the paper today but haven't. From what I have 'heard' he is planning to run, but would like to find more factual information than just hear-say. Maybe I don't have the correct spelling of his name, so if anyone can post on this I would appreciate it.

Ron Grimming

His web site is www.rongrimming.com

I am impressed with Grimming's credentials. He has no ties to any officers in the department and should fair well once the Public learns more about him. Moral is low and it is sad that it will take an elections for some to see this. You have, no, you must get amongst your officers before now and honestly see how they feel with no black balling. This is how you fix it not wait until election time! The Sheriff has done some good things but I think the public is becoming more aware of losing seasoned Officers because of moral along with other issues. Grimming has been coming for years to Highlands and like it enough to retire here. Good Luck Colonel!

Please do tell what seasoned officers we have lost and please explain more about morale. Your argument has no merit. Let's not give generalizations, let's hear some facts. Grimming is a trooper. They work wrecks. He supervised people who worked wrecks for thirty years. This is what is called one dimensional person.

I think you need to read his biography if you can read. I know there are some who think just like you but now that Grimming's education and experience is out there will be some who will realize he is not "just a Trooper" he is well educated with experience in all aspects of Law Enforcement. Oh by the way if you ask the general public what they think of HCSO they will tell you they need to spend more time solving crimes, and less time writing tickets! Ha doesn't that sound funny with "he is just a trooper".
    It is people like you who make morale low. The back stabbing has already began, but then I don't think it really every stopped. Everyone who reads these remarks knows who you are. It is no secret how popular you are! Open your eyes how many Officers on the road have over 1o years experience. Now how many have 5 or less? I rest my case and it is not because they have been promoted or reassigned in the agency.

Okay, I read his biography and was not impressed. Has he ever been a cop, I see where he has been a paper pusher in Illinois and with FHP, but now real experience so he knows where we the road deputies are coming from. If he was so great he would still be the director of FHP but he is not, why? Maybe because he wasn't such a great leader. Susan came up through the ranks and has put Highlands County so far ahead of where we were 4 years ago (or do you all forget) Salaries are up, and if you remember that is what everyone was complaining about. Some of you whiners will never be satisfied, do your job or leave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast