help spread the word: Anti drug march

help spread the word: Anti drug march

You are invited this Friday to : UP WITH HOPE-North Greenwood March

http://newsouthstpete.blogspot.com/2...ood-march.html

But you have no chance for that doing anything. How about up with arrests and down with dope. Up with drug dealer on drug dealer murder, and down with dope. Up with justifiable use of deadly force and down with dope.

bring fathers back in the home march...that's what ya'll should be doing.

Sincerely,

Babies mamma's

Thanks for sending in your comments.

We could use some luck but this does work.

This is not an alternative to law enforcement but rather another additional strategy.

The march worked on my block in South St. Pete when we did it 12 years ago. Drug sales continued for a while but I found one neighbor across from my home who came out and joined us. Including myself we now had two crime watch members! A 100% increase! Today there are no drugs on the corner and we are never going back. The kids across the street from me are getting ready for college instead of jail.

We talk to neighbors one on one and give them the Tip Line phone number. More calls start coming in.

Other blocks did even better. While our group is out drug sales stop and we keep the drug money from flowing. A few hours on a Friday afternoon is not a total solution but this is what we can do.

This is an area where many think gangsters are cool and rock throwing at police is justified. We have a long way to go in reestablishing order and respect, for ourselves as well as for police. This march jump starts the process.

If you have a better idea come on out and talk to us.

The New Southside web page has a link to a DOJ crime prevention handbook. Take a look at some of the ideas.

http://newsouthstpete.blogspot.com/2...ood-march.html

Tom,

I love what you and the other citizens are doing. We in law enforcement need citizens help and support. Continue doing what you are doing, but just be careful, these thugs don't take kindly to anyone cutting into their business