96 riots - Wikipedia stands corrected

96 riots - Wikipedia stands corrected

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Pet...C_FL_Riot_1996

Nice try CIS tard, go gaurd your Hess station now.

Nice

Way to go Deputy Dog!

Thanks for telling the truth

The Uhurus have a lot of friends in city and county government and at the universities. These techies are working hard to help the poor and build a better world by building the movement. They have done a fine job of getting their story out on the Internet and in the media. The only problem is their program of undermining the police and protecting thugs is the worst possible way to help us in South St. Pete. Chase away business and poverty is increased.

When I saw them on a national broadcast of Trading Spouses on Fox TV I thought they were getting a bit too much exposure and not enough critical examination.

I want to keep researching this and tell the story that the media have covered up.

I touched on the missing history of this group in this web posting:

http://newsouthstpete.blogspot.com/2...e-funding.html

good work

Thanks Deputy Law Dog.

One small correction, the young man spelled his name TyRon. An althete spells his name the other way and does not need the noteriety of being confused with a criminal.

There is a lot more that you can add. The city administration and the newspaper have built up a mythology on this.

They call it a disturbance. They won't even use plain English to talk about it. Its time for truth telling. In St. Petersburg its called a riot everywhere except by politicians and the Times and other media that follow their lead.

The Uhurus and their mixed up band of followers call it a rebellion or an uprising. There was a small element of truth to this. There is no use in not admitting that many black residents did not support the police department. In my opinion this has its roots in a system of discrimination that started to end decades ago, before most cops were born. The legacy continues. Sure its not fair to blame current officers for the sins of the past but it does not hurt to try to understand why people feel the way they do and to continue to improve community relations.

What I saw was a rampage by criminals who did what they do best, steal from the hard working people who have little to begin with. Every crook in the city took advantage of the situation and grabbed what they could.

The CPOs were doing great work in building community support and crime was down in '96. That riot set us way back.

Their Demands

This was copied from the URUHU webpage. They seem to have a lot of demands.

Platform of the International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement
    1. We demand National Democratic Rights and Self Determination for African people in the U.S. (I think we have this already as U.S. citizens)

2. We Demand Community Control of the Police in the African Community and the Immediate Withdrawal of the Terroristic Police and Military Forces from the African Community. (OK. Then can the Italians, Irish, Jewish, Germans, French, and every other nationality have the same control?)

3. We Demand Community Control of the Schools and Mandatory African History in Public Schools. (I wish somebody had control of these schools)

4. We Demand African Community Control of Health Care. (You can have the same control of your health care as every other citizen if you are willing to pay for it yourself and not demand it be paid for by the tax payers.)

5. We Demand Community Control of Housing. (You buy the propery and you can have control of it. Don't demand control of something you don't own.)

6. We Demand the Removal of Parasitic Merchants and Slumlords from the African Community. (OK. All you parasites, get out!)

7. We Demand an End to the Colonial Court and Prison Systems which have the Majority of African Men Incarcerated, on Probation or Parole, and the Immediate Release of all Political Prisoners and Prisoners of War.
    (Colonial Court? Prisoners of war? What the hell are you talking about? You break the law and get caught you go to jail like everyone else regardless of your race or color. You are not special.)

8. We Demand an End to the Theft, Kidnapping, Sale, Abuse and Removal of African Children from their Communities under the Genocidal Foster Care System. (Genocidal Foster Care? Theft and Kidnapping? Take proper care of your children and the goverment will stay out your business)

9. We Demand an End to the Political and Social Oppression and Economic Exploitation of African Women. (Ok, I'm not really sure what the hell they are talking about here. Are the women more oppressed than the men?)

10. We Demand Reparations for African People. (You name the realitives that were slaves and we will look into it. I doubt you can name one and how they were related to you.)

11. We Demand a United nations Supervised Plebiscite to Determine the Will of the African Community in the U.S. as to their National Destiny.
    (Now how the heck does the United Nations figure into this? and what the hell is a PLEBISCITE?)

12. We Demand an End to the Political Economy of the Counterinsurgency
    (Alright, I admit I have no idea what the hell they are talking about.
    What Counterinsurgency? What is a Policital Economy?)

To read more about their demands, Please go to

http://socialjustice.ccnmtl.columbia.ed ... u_Movement

this is a joke

Plebiscite (from Latin plebiscita, originally a decree of the Concilium Plebis) is a direct vote in which an entire electorate is asked to either accept or reject a particular proposal. Hmmm, why use a term with Latin origins? Don't know any "African" words?

Uruhu Community Control:

#1 Crack Cocaine be legal, sell it to whitey all you can.

#2 Make as many illegitiamate babies as you can.

#3 Dont take any lip off nobody, pop a cap in dey azz, we make mo babies.

Uruhu Health and Medical:

#1 Free Condoms that never get used

#2 Baby boxing lessons, cuz never know when a backyard fight breaks out.

#3 Free drug flushing kits, so yo churns will pass dey drug test at the probation office.

#4 Free aspirin to take every day, so when you iz shot in a driveby you bleed well.

Uhuru Control of Schools:

#1 Burn all da books by white people, damn dat only leaves like 2 books

#2 New Ebonics classes, so white people be mo confused about what we sayin, not that we care.

#3 How to make a firebomb class, god knows you idiots made some funny ones in 96.

#4 Uhhh, damn what else we gonna teach deez churns?

#5 I suggest Home Ec., Infant Care, basic 1st aid, Basic Government Housing issues and loopholes, and how to Cut Crack Cocaine.

As far as all the other ridiculous rhetoric that these animals chant, I would love nothing more than to create a Siera Leone off the coast of Florida and ship 100% of you hate mongers to it. Gosh how your government/tribal dictatorship would flourish.