Missing COLA
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing COLA

Missing COLA

If by some chance you forgot, Corky is a politician. No COLA for the troops (although I will bet staff manages to get a "salary adjustment" since they are worth it) and lets rub salt in the wound by giving back 3.4 million dollars in salary money to the BOCC.

For all of you who think Grady cares about you, this needs to be your wake up call. Grady cares only about Grady. Everything and everyone is second to his political career. This made big headlines to ensure he looked good in the public eye for 2008.

Your overall insurance package is going up, gas prices are going up, your property taxes and homeowners insurance are not taking the dive we were promised by Tallahasee. None of this is a concern to Greedy...I mean Grady.

Oh well....at least I got a digital recorder and a handcuff case.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200711 ... G/71107007

Don't ***** ... deal with it, accept things for the way they currently are .. or move on to another agency, another area of the country, or another career choice. Not worth getting all upset about.

To the first post, you are right on the money. I am glad somebody knows the real scoop !! To the second post after 30years with the SO, maybe you better get another job, cause Grady loves Grady, and does not care about anybody else. He has an ego bigger then any building in Polk County !!

retiree

Excuse me, "retiree", bit I too will soon be a retiree so I dont give a $hit about politics and drama at the SO. And when I retire you can d@mn sure bet I wont be, like you, on a d@mn computer somewhere spewing out negative BS and living everyday fixated on the sheriff and his policies or antics. Unlike you I'll be OUT of this d@mn mess enjoying the rest of my life AWAY from Polk County and it's glorious sheriff's office.

Quote Originally Posted by YoMaMa
    Don't ***** ... deal with it, accept things for the way they currently are .. or move on to another agency, another area of the country, or another career choice. Not worth getting all upset about.
    YoMaMa.....you sound like part of staff. The truth hurts! I posted this because a large percentage of the agency has not been around to see Grady's true colors. In the last 6 years he has put on a front of caring about the troops and gone to great lenghts to point out the things he has done just for us. Those great things had the political purpose to gain the support of the agency in his bid for sheriff. Now that he is in office he needs to butter up the public, and what better way than to return money to the BOCC. If it had no political significance then there would have been no need for a press release from his PIO.

If in fact you are about to retire, then I wish you a happy retirement but save your whining and b*tching about those of us willing to speak out about your hero for your rocking chair and some other old person!

Why dont you just go get another job if this one is sooo bad, or the pay is sooo low? Not trying to be a smart-ass either....just asking a question....if I were that miserable, I'd just leave....lots of sheriff's Office's in our area would hire an experienced Deputy from an agency our size.....Retiree is the one who kills me...your RETIRED!... you dont have to put up with it anymore, so WHYYY are you constantly on here...*****ing, moaning, griping and complaining when you could be on the shuffleboard court, or at the senior center weaving baskets or whatever...oh, lemme guess, your one here *****ing and moaning because you care about us lil 'ole deputies who still have to work here, right?...working for a change, power to the people and all that....YADA YADA YADA....go volunteer at the SPCA or some shit and just leave us alone...other than that, have a nice life...looser

keep your eye on the ball folks

Wow! All this blathering at one another is just what your admin wants. Don't think for a second that they aren't reading your posts. With that in mind, why don't you discuss issues that are troubling the masses? Perhaps the lack of COLA is one of those concerns. Venting is a good thing but don't let it get you side-tracked by attacking one another. That's just what "they" want. Keep your eye on the ball folks. Dwell on the things that you can change. Stay safe.

FOLKS IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED YOU CANT CHANGE ANYTHING AT PCSO. PCSO IS A DICTATORSHIP. ITS RAN BY GREEDY JUDD WHO CONSTANTLY BRAGS ABOUT HOW HE CAN GIVE BACK MILLIONS TO THE BOCC. IT WOULD BE NICE IF HE WOULD GO BEFORE THE BOCC AND ASK FOR SOME OF THE MONEY TO GO TO THE HARD WORKING MEN AND WOMEN WHO PUSH THE GREEN AND WHITES AROUND EVERYDAY AND NIGHT 24/7. ITS A SHAME THAT YOU HAVE TO HOLD A SIGN OR DO SOME ACT OF REAR END KISSING TO MOVE UP AT PCSO. LOOK AT THE LATEST PROMOTIONS. PCSO IS GOING BACKWARDS AND ITS GETTING WORSE. THE NEW SGT'S WOULD WRITE YOU UP FOR ANYTHING SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED TO DEATH OF THE ADMIN.
    AS FOR A COLA, THEY COST ABOUT 50 CENTS AND CAN BE BOUGHT AT ANY BREAK ROOM.
    MAYBE PCSO WILL TAKE OVER ALL THE AGENCIES IN THE COUNTY. IF THEY TAKE OVER LAKELAND, WHICH WILL PROBABLY BE THE LAST TO GO, YOU CAN KISS ANY CHANCES OF GETTIN A RAISE GOODBYE FOREVER. BY THIS I MEAN THAT IF LPD GETS A RAISE PCSO USUALLY DOES. IF LPD IS GONE THEN THEIR IS NO ONE TO COMPARE OR TRY TO CATCH UP TO.
    GOOD LUCK...

To the above post.very well said brother. !!

i hope everyone remembers that "unused money" when they go to vote in 2008. no one expected to get rich from a cola raise. anything to show that the staff realizes that the cost of living is at an all time high and our pay scale isn't comparable to other agencies of our size and caliber like we are told that it is. working the streets is a dangerous job and should be compensated like it is. i guess you lose track of the dangers when you drive to work and sit behind a desk looking at procap maps all day.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast