FHP Duty Officer Blog - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Dispatchers

Quote Originally Posted by Guestforaday#1
    Look, to me FHP Dispatchers are NOT first responders, nor are the Troopers!! Fire Rescue is onscene WAY before Troopers are 99% of the time.

We (as an FHP dispatcher) seldom deal with suicides, or I'm going to kill my baby or myself or anything of that nature. We DO deal with these situations but not nearly as often as real 911 dispatchers. So to me comparing FHP Dispatchers to 911 Dispatchers is like apples and oranges.

That's just my opinion.

Now, does FHP do some "real" police work? If they feel like it, or if it is in their best interest then yes. And just to say it we do traffic homocide investigations and all, AND we have a felony team that could be way more productive than they are, but they are crippled by the fact that FHP is so scared to be sued that they will let criminals (even known felons) get away, because they are so afraid of a lawsuit (justified or not) that they will call any units off of a pursuit for that reason and that reason alonel Even if it's on CNN!!

The dispatchers are miserable because we have a Capt. that is miserable, gay or not, that does not matter. He is still a miserable and lonely person, and while he is miserable he will make everyone's life miserable that he thinks he may control. I hate him, and I personally think he needs to just come out out of the closet.

But that is neither here nor there, the fact is that he is pushing away many of us by being such a jerk and he has no idea of the damage that he is doing.

So in closing, yes, EVERYONE has shizzat bags, and everyone has the good ones (whether officers or dispatchers or Captains...)

And yes the stories you've heard here are real and true beyond belief. I compare my capt to hitler because my capt. is devoid of seeing or hearing anything but his own feelings. He shuts down and will not see or even think of anything different than his original plan, and that to me goes against all of the rights of any American!! He would and does jeoprodize himself and the well being of his staff only because he see's something and all rules are laid by what he see's, or interprits when he see's anything!!

He just needs to come out and then he will be a much happier person!!!

Until then god help us all!!!!
    What troop do you work for?

Look at the real stats!

Quote Originally Posted by Another Guest
    You might want to look at the incident numbers issued by each regional cc before you ***** about how busy you are, Orlando.

Orlando comes in 3rd behind Lake Worth and Tampa.

The only reason Orlando comes in 3rd is because we don't pad our stats!!!
    we don't issue a case number everytime a trooper goes on a 208...that's not a legitimate incident....we don't issue a case number every time a trooper does a follow up - that is not a legitimate incident....if you took the actual legitimate calls that are recieved in the Orlando comm center and compared them to the "real" calls in the other comm centers Orlando would come out on top hands down.

Our troopers work harder and longer than any other troop in the state.

TRCC has some openings. Transfer up. The DOS's are terrific, the 107 is a doll, and the Captain is gone most of the time. The cost of living is cheaper, too. I made the move (I won't say where from) and no regrets. It's an overall nice place to work.

Re: FHP Duty Officer Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    All FHP Duty Officers feel free to bring up your conserns about your troop, agency supervisors, troopers etc... Don't be shy we won't know who you are unless you say so.
    I have to drive an hour one way to get to work every day.
    That is not FHP's fault at all... but it sure would be nice if they considered my and all other duty officers' gas costs a month and allowed for 10 or 12 hour shifts that would get us off the road so much during the work week.

My Captain says that People First would be the problem because they couldn't work it out in hours every week.

People First isn't my problem.. they NEED to work it out.. my "problem" is that I don't get to keep as much of my paycheck as I should be keeping due to the higher gas prices. It's already costing me over $170.00 a week.

What countys get CAD for FHP dispatch?

Quote Originally Posted by san
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    All FHP Duty Officers feel free to bring up your conserns about your troop, agency supervisors, troopers etc... Don't be shy we won't know who you are unless you say so.
    I have to drive an hour one way to get to work every day.
    That is not FHP's fault at all... but it sure would be nice if they considered my and all other duty officers' gas costs a month and allowed for 10 or 12 hour shifts that would get us off the road so much during the work week.

My Captain says that People First would be the problem because they couldn't work it out in hours every week.

People First isn't my problem.. they NEED to work it out.. my "problem" is that I don't get to keep as much of my paycheck as I should be keeping due to the higher gas prices. It's already costing me over $170.00 a week.
    Why does it take a high paid captain to run a rcc? You are civilian employees and you have civilian dos. You should have a civilian in charge of the rcc and free up the monies spent on captains in rcc's. This agency has way too many administrators and not enough people doing the job. But, then again having happy employees is not a priority of the state of florida.

Excuse me but Tampa FHP Dispatch doesn't pick up regular lines or 911 calls in a timely manner either. Try having a 911 emergency call that you have to transfer to FHP and they don't pick up their 911 lines within 3 rings and that's being generous. Do you know how embarassing it is to tell the caller, "I'm sorry, but FHP is who you need to speak to and they will pick up in a few moments." It's so frustrating when you have to transfer a call over to them or you have to call over on a regular line. Their dispatchers/call takers are beyond rude and they think they know it all. Just because they are a state agency doesn't mean they are better then everyone else. I have news for them. I considered working as a FHP dispatcher at one time, but after having to deal with them and their unprofessionalism, including their supervisor, I reconsidered. Not sure if they got the memo, but dispatchers need to stick together as a lot of times dispatchers get a bum wrap and get blamed for everything.

Cad Stats, not case numbers
    LWRC10CAD184603
    TBRC10CAD133685
    ORCC10CAD131248
    JRCC10CAD102546
    FMRC10CAD098365
    TRCC10CAD091145
    MRCC10CAD065118

This does county all 208's and other such calls entered into cad. It was take from the FHP website at aprox 0845 hrs on Nov, 26 2010.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hey Miami FHP pick up the phone dammit!

everytime we call to advise you guys the phone just keeps ringing
    Hey trooper why call me on the phone when you have a radio you can talk into.

Oh sorry I forgot our radio system is a piece of SHIZATT!!!!

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hey Miami FHP pick up the phone dammit!

everytime we call to advise you guys the phone just keeps ringing
    Hey trooper use the radio to communicate with us!!!
    The phone is not answered because there is only a few of us answering the radio and the phone.
    So if I have Joe Blow Public on the line calling me about a stupid ass idiot who cut him off and
    a trooper taking a 10-50 on the radio, and you are calling me to tell me you are going to be 10-6 eating at
    La Carreta, just use the radio.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast