Quote Originally Posted by Guestforaday#1
Look, to me FHP Dispatchers are NOT first responders, nor are the Troopers!! Fire Rescue is onscene WAY before Troopers are 99% of the time.

We (as an FHP dispatcher) seldom deal with suicides, or I'm going to kill my baby or myself or anything of that nature. We DO deal with these situations but not nearly as often as real 911 dispatchers. So to me comparing FHP Dispatchers to 911 Dispatchers is like apples and oranges.

That's just my opinion.

Now, does FHP do some "real" police work? If they feel like it, or if it is in their best interest then yes. And just to say it we do traffic homocide investigations and all, AND we have a felony team that could be way more productive than they are, but they are crippled by the fact that FHP is so scared to be sued that they will let criminals (even known felons) get away, because they are so afraid of a lawsuit (justified or not) that they will call any units off of a pursuit for that reason and that reason alonel Even if it's on CNN!!

The dispatchers are miserable because we have a Capt. that is miserable, gay or not, that does not matter. He is still a miserable and lonely person, and while he is miserable he will make everyone's life miserable that he thinks he may control. I hate him, and I personally think he needs to just come out out of the closet.

But that is neither here nor there, the fact is that he is pushing away many of us by being such a jerk and he has no idea of the damage that he is doing.

So in closing, yes, EVERYONE has shizzat bags, and everyone has the good ones (whether officers or dispatchers or Captains...)

And yes the stories you've heard here are real and true beyond belief. I compare my capt to hitler because my capt. is devoid of seeing or hearing anything but his own feelings. He shuts down and will not see or even think of anything different than his original plan, and that to me goes against all of the rights of any American!! He would and does jeoprodize himself and the well being of his staff only because he see's something and all rules are laid by what he see's, or interprits when he see's anything!!

He just needs to come out and then he will be a much happier person!!!

Until then god help us all!!!!
What troop do you work for?