FHP Duty Officer Blog
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

FHP Duty Officer Blog

All FHP Duty Officers feel free to bring up your conserns about your troop, agency supervisors, troopers etc... Don't be shy we won't know who you are unless you say so.

Comm Centers

I feel one of our BIGGEST problems in the Comm centers is not enough CALL TAKERS!! If you are on a VERY BUSY radio like I am it is very hard to answer the phones, input calls into the cad, run FCIC, and dispatch all at the same time. I have worked the radio from both sides so I know what it is like for the troopers and us DO'S. Most troopers I work with realize we are not just sitting there waiting for them to call in and they seem to know when I am VERY x6 with phones. However my duty is to the radio and when a DOS yells over "PICK UP YOUR PHONE" when I am already answering a phone, calling for a wrecker running a hit, and dispatching another call I wonder "What's wrong with this picture" Well that is my only BEEF with the PATROL NOT ENOUGH CALL TAKERS.

Re: Comm Centers

Quote Originally Posted by *FHP
    I feel one of our BIGGEST problems in the Comm centers is not enough CALL TAKERS!! If you are on a VERY BUSY radio like I am it is very hard to answer the phones, input calls into the cad, run FCIC, and dispatch all at the same time. I have worked the radio from both sides so I know what it is like for the troopers and us DO'S. Most troopers I work with realize we are not just sitting there waiting for them to call in and they seem to know when I am VERY x6 with phones. However my duty is to the radio and when a DOS yells over "PICK UP YOUR PHONE" when I am already answering a phone, calling for a wrecker running a hit, and dispatching another call I wonder "What's wrong with this picture" Well that is my only BEEF with the PATROL NOT ENOUGH CALL TAKERS.

Or how about not even adding more call takers since ours don't answer the phone til the 5th ring - D/O's, put down the spider solitaire for a second and just pick it up! We got trainees that don't even answer the phone!

Re: Comm Centers

I know exactly how you feel! We don't even have any call takers on my shift, we are the jack of all trades!

Kick azz trooper, down here in Charlotte County....

LACK OF RESPONCES

Maybe this thread should be moved over to the FHP BLOG I bet you would get more replies. FHP DUTY OFFICERS are a PART OF FHP and I know for a fact read the FHP BLOG. There should not be a seperate BLOG for DISPATCHERS/DUTY OFFICERS WE SHOULD BE LISTED UNDER OUR AGENCIES. After all we are a big part of the agency not step children to be cast off to the side., just my thoughts.

Re: LACK OF RESPONCES

Maybe this thread should be moved over to the FHP BLOG I bet you would get more replies. FHP DUTY OFFICERS are a PART OF FHP and I know for a fact read the FHP BLOG. There should not be a seperate BLOG for DISPATCHERS/DUTY OFFICERS WE SHOULD BE LISTED UNDER OUR AGENCIES. After all we are a big part of the agency not step children to be cast off to the side., just my thoughts.
    There is a captain Im not saying who or where that thinks "dispatchers work for the highway patrol but are not part of the highway patrol" This is the shitza we go through down here among others. Also the DOS treating us like little kids yelling at us to pick up the phone when they are just sitting down chatting with the shift commander, and having to literally ask permission to go to take a piss. This is why this thread is away from the FHP thread.

Re: LACK OF RESPONCES

SOME LOSER A^S TROOPERS TRYING TO GET SOME FAT A**. PATHETIC, YOU FINE LADIES SHOULD GIVE TO CITY C*CK

Hey Miami FHP pick up the phone dammit!

everytime we call to advise you guys the phone just keeps ringing

you can say the same thing abour orcc, everytime i call it just rings and rings and rings

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast