Merger info II - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merger info II

I work for Lake Worth and I couldn't agree more with PBSO. I like working here, but I think we'd be better off going green. I also agree, with the way things are, we need to consolidate and have a bigger union and more officers on the same team. We all play the same game, but every agency is a different team. Stay safe and have a great holiday.

I dont think you understood my point. I have a group of values that I follow. Those being: Loyalty, Duty,Respect, Selfless-Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. Anyone who knows me knows where I stand and where they stand with me. I am not blind, I can see that there are problems/issue within the PD and especially in the Union. But instead of complaining and whining about them, I try to find solutions or alternatives. Anyone can say this PD sucks and jump ship to another. But what is needed is for us to put all the BS aside and try to find the solutions or alternatives. If PBSO is the answer, then I have no problem with that, I look good in green. But to say that you shoud not show loyalty to a department/city that gave you a start, when you had nothing, and paid your bills for however long, is wrong.
    I can say that the officers, Sgt's, and LT's working at LWPD have the above values, however, some have allowed the politics and personal issues to get in the way. I am not trying to start any kind of an arguement with anyone, besides argueing over the computer is pretty stupid, I just would like to acknowledge my point of view from others.
    I enjoy working at LWPD, not because of the department, but because of the people. I trust and care about everyone within the PD as if they were my brother/sister, some even more because of personal bonds. And each and everyone of them know that when it comes down to it, I will be there, whether it be on the street as a 94 or as a friend, I will be there. That is what matters.
    Lastly, I have worked with several who now work with the PBSO and other agencies, I know several PBSO Deputies and officers from various other jurisdictions, but have never worked with them. I might not have as close a bond with them as I do with the officers of LWPD, but, if the situation should arise, I would be there for them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by guestme
    I dont think you understood my point. I have a group of values that I follow. Those being: Loyalty, Duty,Respect, Selfless-Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. Anyone who knows me knows where I stand and where they stand with me. I am not blind, I can see that there are problems/issue within the PD and especially in the Union. But instead of complaining and whining about them, I try to find solutions or alternatives. Anyone can say this PD sucks and jump ship to another. But what is needed is for us to put all the BS aside and try to find the solutions or alternatives. If PBSO is the answer, then I have no problem with that, I look good in green. But to say that you shoud not show loyalty to a department/city that gave you a start, when you had nothing, and paid your bills for however long, is wrong.
    I can say that the officers, Sgt's, and LT's working at LWPD have the above values, however, some have allowed the politics and personal issues to get in the way. I am not trying to start any kind of an arguement with anyone, besides argueing over the computer is pretty stupid, I just would like to acknowledge my point of view from others.
    I enjoy working at LWPD, not because of the department, but because of the people. I trust and care about everyone within the PD as if they were my brother/sister, some even more because of personal bonds. And each and everyone of them know that when it comes down to it, I will be there, whether it be on the street as a 94 or as a friend, I will be there. That is what matters.
    Lastly, I have worked with several who now work with the PBSO and other agencies, I know several PBSO Deputies and officers from various other jurisdictions, but have never worked with them. I might not have as close a bond with them as I do with the officers of LWPD, but, if the situation should arise, I would be there for them, too.
    I work for the SO and feel this is the greatest place. I have lots of pride in this agency just as you do in yours. I do feel we need one combined police force to combat these thugs. With that being said, whether or not Lake Worth merges, we'll always be there for you. From all of us at PBSO, Happy Thanksgiving.

Things are changing. Our department is going 11.5 hours with rotating weekends off. More manpower coverage on the road. A total of about 10 police officers hired within the past couple months. A lot of promotions and more opportunities than ever to get on a specialize unit. They're still more changes to occur. We are becoming more fiscal responsible and the necessary cuts have been made. We are not going green! And those of you who don't like it, tough luck. Why don't we start making productive threads on ideas or things we can make better in the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Things are changing. Our department is going 11.5 hours with rotating weekends off. More manpower coverage on the road. A total of about 10 police officers hired within the past couple months. A lot of promotions and more opportunities than ever to get on a specialize unit. They're still more changes to occur. We are becoming more fiscal responsible and the necessary cuts have been made. We are not going green! And those of you who don't like it, tough luck. Why don't we start making productive threads on ideas or things we can make better in the organization.
    Don't act like going green is a bad thing, PBSO is a great agency. You need help

Yea this place will always suck. Don't act like going green is a bad thing, PBSO is a great agency. You need help[/quote

oh please you have drank to much of your agency coolaid .... how pathetic talk to some of you co workers dude every time we rin into a LW guy they ask you hiring

11 hour shift

If the FOP board and detective XXXXX (keep it professional Mod 425) have their way, we won't get the 11 hrs days. The detectives are afraid that their new LT will see them for what they are and will send them back to the road (where they might have to work 11 hrs). The FOP wants 8% from the city for us to go to 11 hrs. This "What's in if for me" mentality will tank this deal! How about the benefit of more uniforms in the history of LWPD on the road at one time. How about 4 on/4 off! How about the fact that yyou have a good job w/ great benefits. The small group of professional victims at the PD need to suck it up and move on!

Whiners

I have had it with you whiners wanting to go PBSO so bad!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE WORKING AT THE LAKE WORTH POLICE DEPARTMENT, GET AN APPLICATION FOR THE SO AND LEAVE!!!! Leave the people that want to stay in Lake Worth alone. Nothing against the SO, it is a great agency, but we need to get this behind us and end this crap on this blog. I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future of the pending merger, but I would sure have to say it appears pretty dead in the water, the city is not truly motivated or interested, and the pension cost will not allow it to happen. Please!! Someone from the city needs to say it is over, it's not happening. We need to get on with our jobs and deliver the service we are known to deliver, and stop being distracted by this crap and the FOP leadership.

Thank you to those who have donated their time and energy in coming up with the alternative shift plan, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

And to the guest that made a comment about my spelling and calling me an idiot because I don't agree with going with PBSO, do us all a favor and quit, get a job in your true calling as a elementary teacher, and leave the police work to the men.

Re: Whiners

Quote Originally Posted by LW Loyal Forever
    I have had it with you whiners wanting to go PBSO so bad!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE WORKING AT THE LAKE WORTH POLICE DEPARTMENT, GET AN APPLICATION FOR THE SO AND LEAVE!!!! Leave the people that want to stay in Lake Worth alone. Nothing against the SO, it is a great agency, but we need to get this behind us and end this crap on this blog. I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future of the pending merger, but I would sure have to say it appears pretty dead in the water, the city is not truly motivated or interested, and the pension cost will not allow it to happen. Please!! Someone from the city needs to say it is over, it's not happening. We need to get on with our jobs and deliver the service we are known to deliver, and stop being distracted by this crap and the FOP leadership.

Thank you to those who have donated their time and energy in coming up with the alternative shift plan, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

And to the guest that made a comment about my spelling and calling me an idiot because I don't agree with going with PBSO, do us all a favor and quit, get a job in your true calling as a elementary teacher, and leave the police work to the men.
    Yep I have to agree, you’re an idiot. It's sad the two good for nothings posting in favor of Lake Worthless PD are the very slim minority. Grow up and maybe you should consider getting out of Law Enforcement. I'm not sure what you're afraid of, maybe you couldn't get hired anywhere else. I wish the SO would take over my city. With your attitude you’ll always be a Lake Worth “loser” forever.

Re: 11 hour shifts

To: "Blah, Blah, Blah"

8% sounds like a good start. By your standards we should "suck it up" and let the city save a substantial amount of budgetary funds without passing it on to the officers that will now be working longer shifts. Other PD’s have passed on perks for longer hours. Let's also ask for more sick and vacation time with a higher cap. But this probably infuriates a company man like you. I bet your a Sgt or LT....probably newly promoted. I would also guess that prior to your new promotion you were "Pro S.O." Now you're towing the company line. Typical.
    Alternate scheduling should be discussed…just not blindly like you suggest, “For the good of the City”.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast