Merger info II
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Merger info II

Merger info II

I have been told that the hold up at this point is purely financial. It does not have anything to do with the actual cost of the contract with PBSO, but with the ability of the city to pay out the officer’s reference their pension money and be able to continue to provide benefits for the retirees. I was told that the city would literally bankrupt the pension fund if they had to pay out all of the current officers and continue to pay benefits if the S.O. took over. The funny thing is though I was also told that no matter what they do at this point they will have to cross that bridge eventually either way as the decrease in tax revenue will force this issue either sooner or later.
    I will also tell you that in the SW corner of PBSO motor pool there are approximately 40 to 50 marked green and whites which have been serviced and placed into a holding area. These cars are being held in reserve in anticipation for the possible merger. These cars along with the current LWPD vehicles which would be obtained in the merger and then converted into green and whites should be the right amount based on the officers that would be coming over. This should give you a good idea of what PBSO’s thinking is, they are ready, willing and able whenever LW makes a decision.
    I believe that ultimately without the merger LW will face some serious problems even worse than the problems they would face with the merger. There is no easy solution. I wish everyone at LWPD luck and hope to see the city make a wise decision and bring you guys over to PBSO soon.

I second that!, take a look for yourself. The vehicles were serviced and re-striped. I think its now like 50-60 cars ready. Also a shipment of new cars arrived a few days ago meaning they will have more cars turned in to prepare for the merger.

Well see you guys & girls soon.
    Stay SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, whats next? Lake Worth is getting Cadillac Escalades with big piles of money in the back seat?

Did the Lake Worth Fire Rescue merger deal fall through?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Did the Lake Worth Fire Rescue merger deal fall through?
    Lake Worth city is so afaird to spend money on the pensions that they are pushing everything away. What they don't realize is either way they are going to have to pay for pensions.

Now hear this,

Stand fast.

Deal isn't dead yet. Both sides are standing their ground waiting to see who will blink. I think the city will blink first and have to fold. Think about it. Merge now or merge in 10 years when the city's financial problems are even worse. Makes sense to do so now.

As for the cars in the MP, there are 60, I counted them.

Carry on, that is all.

Wow, you sound like a financial genius. You should apply for the finance director job! Where have you been all this time?

Let us face it, we aren't going Green! :roll:

it's not over yet

it's not over yet
    County Fire told the city they weren't dealing with them. Something about Lake Worth misusing pension funds. Lake Worth was looking for the fire to save some money and now the county fire told them no thank you. That leaves the Police to merge to save money. It's still open, we'll see what happens.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast