Extra Duty Board
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Extra Duty Board

The Extra Duty Board is looking very slim these days. I think its time some of those premium jobs the reserves got locked up become availble to full time officers as it was before they changed the SOP. Maybe our new PBA president can help.

Full time officers should always have priority rights for off duty assignments, but at what point should jobs be opened for Reserve Officers?

I could be wrong, but I believe the SOP says a fulltime officer can bump a reserve from a job. However, I'd like to see that happen. If a fulltime officer tried to bump a reserve from a job, it would be off duty suicide. The reserve officer who runs the extra duty office wouldn't give that officer a job again, and if she did it would be a crappy job.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I could be wrong, but I believe the SOP says a fulltime officer can bump a reserve from a job. However, I'd like to see that happen. If a fulltime officer tried to bump a reserve from a job, it would be off duty suicide. The reserve officer who runs the extra duty office wouldn't give that officer a job again, and if she did it would be a crappy job.
    And that is why you have no idea what goes on here.

When the economy is weak, the jobs go away. Don't blame the reserves, blame the dollar.

off duty jobs

How about this. You guys have it written into your contract that all full time sworn officers have first right of refusal to any and all private duty jobs. Secondly, that a list is maintained in which if you take a job or refuse a job, you go to the bottom and the list cycles so that all have a fair oppty. to take a job. If a job is unfilled by a full time sworn officer, it may then go to the reserve officers in the same manner listed above. Just my opinion.

I think the job should be posted for 72 hours before a reserve can sign up. There can be an exception for jobs that become availble at the last minute that need to be filled.

How about this..

Since your first priority is your on duty job, why don't you do that and not worry about extra duty!

Need the extra money? Stop living beyond your means and tell your wife to get a job!

Keep the f&%$#*&@ uniform in the closet on your days off!

Enjoy your free time, you will live longer!

Re: How about this..

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Since your first priority is your on duty job, why don't you do that and not worry about extra duty!

Need the extra money? Stop living beyond your means and tell your wife to get a job!

Keep the f&%$#*&@ uniform in the closet on your days off!

Enjoy your free time, you will live longer!
    GEE IM JUST GUESSING BUT I BELIEVE YOU WOULD BE A RESERVE OFFICER.... HOW I WANT TO SPEND MY TIME WHEN IM OFF IS MY BUSINESS AND IF I CHOSE TO WORK EXTRA DUTY THEN I SHOULD HAVE 1ST PICK OVER A RESERVE... LAST TIME I CHECKED I SERVE THIS CITY AND PUT MY LIFE ON THE LINE FULL TIME.. RESERVES WORK THERE DESK JOBS AND THEN COME OUT TO PLAY COP.... WITH THAT SAID GET A CLUE ARSEHLE........... :twisted:

you mutts make more than anyone around and you still want more, greedy *******s. live withing your means you make a GREAT wage, lose the girlfriend and stay at home with the wife

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast