Pay Raise's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pay Raise's

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I have seen officers on many occassions violate traffic laws. I recently witnessed a rolling stop in a school zone with the caution lights on. It was an unmarked suv that drove straight to the station. Don't assume that I lumped all violations together. I see this type of driving often. I saw the unmarked charger going to the "speed trap" on 441 at gator inlet to setup radar - no signaling when making a left hand turn. I could cite more ,but I think my point is made.
    turn signals are not required unless it affects other traffic.

Re: Pay Raise's

exactly.

Re:

Seems that a couple posters are confused.

If you are simply moving right or left in a lane (eg I-4 to fast lane or slow lane) 316.155 (1) you do NOT have to signal unless it affects someone else.

However, if you are going to turn right or left from one street to another 316.155 (2) you must signal.

Bottom line what does it matter? Some nothing to do citizen seen an officer make this violation " allegedly ". Then posted it on here. Then another officer who doesn't take time to read the statute makes a post saying we don't have to, another like a little kid that must be heard writes exactly who cares.

316.155 When signal required.--

(1) No person may turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a highway unless and until such movement can be made with reasonable safety, and then only after giving an appropriate signal in the manner hereinafter provided, in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

(2) A signal of intention to turn right or left must be given continuously during not less than the last 100 feet traveled by the vehicle before turning, except that such a signal by hand or arm need not be given continuously by a bicyclist if the hand is needed in the control or operation of the bicycle.

(3) No person may stop or suddenly decrease the speed of a vehicle without first giving an appropriate signal in the manner provided herein to the driver of any vehicle immediately to the rear, when there is opportunity to give such signal.

(4) The signals provided for in s. 316.156 shall be used to indicate an intention to turn, to overtake, or to pass a vehicle and may not, except as provided in s. 316.2397, be flashed on one side only on a parked or disabled vehicle or flashed as a courtesy or "do pass" signal to operators of other vehicles approaching from the rear.

(5) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.

US supreme court has a different opinion. DO some research. turn signals are only required when other traffic is present, in all instances.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Where is Tavares ?
    Cue the BANJO music!

Raises..can our city commissioners spell raises..you want money go to Orange County, Seminole County, OPD, or down south!

Raises, we don' need no stinkin' raises...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12