Recent News Conference - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Police academy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk
    Did they teach you how to use the emoticons in the police academy? That's impressive. By the way, who is cpl?
    Yes we actually had a 8 hour learning block on the topic, right alongside how to deal with a sheep in wolfs clothing Cpl.
    Okay. . . ask if they will offer a class on plurals wolves!

Re: Recent News Conference

[quote=Anonymous][quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tsk Tsk":7q1ulwje
    Quote Originally Posted by "BOO BOO":7q1ulwje
    Two of our infamous PBA (Law Enforcement) members throw their cajones on the table by showing up at their employers home office to protest the Sheriff because of staffing shortages. I have to give it to them, they have some "balls".

I think they forgot that this office is the one who gives them a paycheck every two weeks. Gave them a job PERIOD!! Now they want to utilize the media to help fix the problems that "they" (PBA) sees. Well surprise, surprise, the Sheriff knows that there is a staffing issue and that is why he has asked for more deputies through the County Commission. I don't see any of the PBA members going out and recruiting people for this agency. Appears to me that our "PIE" eating deputy is only concerned about getting raises for himself.

Furthermore, our LEO PBA President had his panty caught in a wad when the media was told that he has only worked 5 days this entire year. I guess if we are having staffing shortages, don't you think our PBA president should be out helping his fellow deputies, instead of eating pies at the District. Then when the Office has light duty deputies report to the communications center, he is miraculously recovered and "hits" the street or I mean "rolls" onto the streets.

Oh by the way, did you notice that I said there were only (2) PBA, Law Enforcement Deputies there. The rest were a couple of detention personnel and people who don't even work at the Sheriff's Office. Then they hold up signs that said, "BE OUR 911" and "PLEASE HELP THE DEPUTIES". You have got to be kidding me!!!

Congratulations to the (28) deputies, corporals, sergeants and others who went to the press conference to support the Sheriff. Thank you for your loyalty.

Fellow Deputies and Corporals....This is your PBA and how they represent you. Don't you think it's about time we give "OUR" Sheriff a chance. He gets voted in and was never given an opportunity to make his promises come true because the PBA feels that they should be in charge.

If you were in charge of this agency, wouldn't you like to be given the opportunity to lead and not have "malcontent" employees trying to take over. Let's get rid of the PBA and give Sheriff David Gee and his staff a chance.
    Thanks Corporal, we already know how full of crap you are. we already heard you at the press conference today and whining in the hallways for the last sevaral weeks. Do you ever get any police work done, or are you too busy jostling for petition signatures. Unless you have had 2 surgeries on your knees, you have no room to talk. please come up with some new lines and cheap shots, these same ones are getting old. Let the votes be counted so that we can get back to trying to solidify a contract that is good for all, not just you Corporal.
    Gee, you spend an awful lot of time honing in on one Cpl. to criticize..so how do you get your work done? At least he doesn't hide behind a screen name. I am a private citizen so my name would mean nothing to you, which is why I don't post it. The conference piqued my interest so I thought I'd tune in. From what I read, you are a divided office and this leaves the public feeling most unsettled. You talk about this Cpl. who whines, but it was the PBA I saw whining on TV today. Didn't they do a news report on deputies sitting on the side of the road for hours at a time ad meeting together while calls went unanswered. Are these the same PBA cronnies who are complaining against the office. Do you care how you represebt your kind to the public? No wonder teens today don't respect law enforcement.. they see how childish their "heroes" act!
    I am a deputy Mr. Citizen and I take offense to the fact that you slam us but have no idea as to what you are talking about. If you want my name I'll tell it to you but it would'nt make a darn bit of difference. Like you said. You would'nt know me from Adam. The corporal was'nt whining. He was expreing his viewpoint. Just as you did and I am doing now. That said, I don't agree with him but he has a right to his opinion.

As far as the so called report you mentioned about deputies meeting for hours together while calls went unanswered well thats pure BS. I'm assigned to the district that you are refering to, DIV. (The best darn district in the county I might add.) The deputies in question were busy writing multiple reports that had been stacking up during the day and they were trying to get caught up and have them edited and signed by a supervisor so that maybe they could go home on time. Which does'nt happen everyday I can assure you.

I have'nt taken a stance in this fight but when I see uninformed post like yours I feel the need to respond. What do you do for a living, Doctor, Salesman, Business owner, Waiter, or some other profession. I find it amazing that everyone thinks they know how to do the police officers job even it they have never been in our shoes. I'll make you a deal dude. Don't tell me how to be a cop and I wont tell you how to treat your patients or sell your shoes, whichever the case may be.

As far as teens and kids not respecting police or any other part of society, please. This is a parenting problem not a police issue. Maybe if the average parent would get off their dead ass and discipline their kids as needed society would'nt be in such a bad shape as it is and mine and other LEO's jobs would be alot easier. Out of control kids and their lame parents calling us for advice on how to raise their kids are a big part of our calls for sevice. Control your kids and we will have more time to conduct proactive patrols of YOUR neighborhood.

To my fellow LEO's out there I apoligize. The Blog usually does'nt go off like this but I've had a crappy nite and even the blog gets pissed off sometimes. Live safe and free Mr. Citizen the blog will still be there for ya when you need him, even if I do think your wrong.[/quote:7q1ulwje]

Hey Blog, thanks you saved me from typing the same thing. I just want to add to Mr. Citizen, I invite you on a ride-along one nite, if your really as upstanding and self-rightous as you make yourself out to be, then you mabe you can take some time and see first hand what we really do.[/quote:7q1ulwje]

Hey Blog nice post tha's me thanking ya for that long message I just forgot to log in see ya bro be safe

Re: Police academy

Did they teach you how to use the emoticons in the police academy? That's impressive. By the way, who is cpl?
    Yes we actually had a 8 hour learning block on the topic, right alongside how to deal with a sheep in wolfs clothing Cpl.
    You are a nasty person!

[quote=Tsk Tsk][quote="The Nitely Blog":116e7puw][quote="Tsk Tsk":116e7puw]
    Quote Originally Posted by "BOO BOO":116e7puw
    Two of our infamous PBA (Law Enforcement) members throw their cajones on the table by showing up at their employers home office to protest the Sheriff because of staffing shortages. I have to give it to them, they have some "balls".

I think they forgot that this office is the one who gives them a paycheck every two weeks. Gave them a job PERIOD!! Now they want to utilize the media to help fix the problems that "they" (PBA) sees. Well surprise, surprise, the Sheriff knows that there is a staffing issue and that is why he has asked for more deputies through the County Commission. I don't see any of the PBA members going out and recruiting people for this agency. Appears to me that our "PIE" eating deputy is only concerned about getting raises for himself.

Furthermore, our LEO PBA President had his panty caught in a wad when the media was told that he has only worked 5 days this entire year. I guess if we are having staffing shortages, don't you think our PBA president should be out helping his fellow deputies, instead of eating pies at the District. Then when the Office has light duty deputies report to the communications center, he is miraculously recovered and "hits" the street or I mean "rolls" onto the streets.

Oh by the way, did you notice that I said there were only (2) PBA, Law Enforcement Deputies there. The rest were a couple of detention personnel and people who don't even work at the Sheriff's Office. Then they hold up signs that said, "BE OUR 911" and "PLEASE HELP THE DEPUTIES". You have got to be kidding me!!!

Congratulations to the (28) deputies, corporals, sergeants and others who went to the press conference to support the Sheriff. Thank you for your loyalty.

Fellow Deputies and Corporals....This is your PBA and how they represent you. Don't you think it's about time we give "OUR" Sheriff a chance. He gets voted in and was never given an opportunity to make his promises come true because the PBA feels that they should be in charge.

If you were in charge of this agency, wouldn't you like to be given the opportunity to lead and not have "malcontent" employees trying to take over. Let's get rid of the PBA and give Sheriff David Gee and his staff a chance.
    Thanks Corporal, we already know how full of crap you are. we already heard you at the press conference today and whining in the hallways for the last sevaral weeks. Do you ever get any police work done, or are you too busy jostling for petition signatures. Unless you have had 2 surgeries on your knees, you have no room to talk. please come up with some new lines and cheap shots, these same ones are getting old. Let the votes be counted so that we can get back to trying to solidify a contract that is good for all, not just you Corporal.
    Gee, you spend an awful lot of time honing in on one Cpl. to criticize..so how do you get your work done? At least he doesn't hide behind a screen name. I am a private citizen so my name would mean nothing to you, which is why I don't post it. The conference piqued my interest so I thought I'd tune in. From what I read, you are a divided office and this leaves the public feeling most unsettled. You talk about this Cpl. who whines, but it was the PBA I saw whining on TV today. Didn't they do a news report on deputies sitting on the side of the road for hours at a time ad meeting together while calls went unanswered. Are these the same PBA cronnies who are complaining against the office. Do you care how you represebt your kind to the public? No wonder teens today don't respect law enforcement.. they see how childish their "heroes" act![/quote:116e7puw]

I am a deputy Mr. Citizen and I take offense to the fact that you slam us but have no idea as to what you are talking about. If you want my name I'll tell it to you but it would'nt make a darn bit of difference. Like you said. You would'nt know me from Adam. The corporal was'nt whining. He was expreing his viewpoint. Just as you did and I am doing now. That said, I don't agree with him but he has a right to his opinion.

As far as the so called report you mentioned about deputies meeting for hours together while calls went unanswered well thats pure BS. I'm assigned to the district that you are refering to, DIV. (The best darn district in the county I might add.) The deputies in question were busy writing multiple reports that had been stacking up during the day and they were trying to get caught up and have them edited and signed by a supervisor so that maybe they could go home on time. Which does'nt happen everyday I can assure you.

I have'nt taken a stance in this fight but when I see uninformed post like yours I feel the need to respond. What do you do for a living, Doctor, Salesman, Business owner, Waiter, or some other profession. I find it amazing that everyone thinks they know how to do the police officers job even it they have never been in our shoes. I'll make you a deal dude. Don't tell me how to be a cop and I wont tell you how to treat your patients or sell your shoes, whichever the case may be.

As far as teens and kids not respecting police or any other part of society, please. This is a parenting problem not a police issue. Maybe if the average parent would get off their dead ass and discipline their kids as needed society would'nt be in such a bad shape as it is and mine and other LEO's jobs would be alot easier. Out of control kids and their lame parents calling us for advice on how to raise their kids are a big part of our calls for sevice. Control your kids and we will have more time to conduct proactive patrols of YOUR neighborhood.

To my fellow LEO's out there I apoligize. The Blog usually does'nt go off like this but I've had a crappy nite and even the blog gets pissed off sometimes. Live safe and free Mr. Citizen the blog will still be there for ya when you need him, even if I do think your wrong.[/quote:116e7puw]

I wasn't criticizing the police. I am just letting you know how some of the public are taking the news on this issue. All we see is the people who are supposed to keep us safe fighting like children. I guess more news is needed to get the info out there. Or is it news? What's the big deal with a peition anyway? Won't votes show what is wanted? I don't know, man. If one of you was hurt in the line of duty, would it really matter which side if the pba you were on?[/quote:116e7puw]

It will be news when someone is killed because there were too few deputies on the street. try working a 12 hour day which usually ends up being a 15 hour day, and all day long you deal with one call after another with no break. During these 12-15 hour days we are not in a controlled environment, but rather exposed to constant stressful situations and trying to make sense out of the daily senseless violence that man does to man. Better yet, try it for 25 years! At least the Tampa Police Dept was smart and said that 20 years is enough stress for this line of work. Add all this into the fact that only since the union has come in have we gotten anything close to a decent raise in the form of a step plan, and now they want to take that away too. I'm sorry If I'm a little angry tonight myself, but I'm sick of this stuff more then you can possibly imagine. It would be nice to hear from our Sheriff in person right now. This is a very important milestone in the history of this office and we need some direction. God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Excellent post NB, very well put.

If you're a concerned citizen, there are several ways you can help:

1) Raise your kids. Most people are thrilled when sex lasts for an hour, in reality it lasts 18 years. Be "pro choice" before conception occurs.
    2) Be respectful to your neighbors.
    3) Man up and earn your own money instead of stealing from others.
    4) Real men don't hit women.
    5) Driving is a privilege, and it requires a registered and insured vehicle.
    6) At the scene, the police are always right and always the boss. Always. If you think you're right and want to be the boss, that's called court.
    7) Once you're done with #1-6, Orientation for those interested in being a Reserve is the first Tuesday of every month.

If 25% of the population will follow these 7 simple rules your taxes will go down and we'll be laying off Deputies in 2008.

Recent News Conference

Hey Boo-Boo the number to our mental health provider is 1-800-BRADMAN! Dial it quickly! You've lost your mind! Keep fighting the fight Mike and Steve!

Wolf's Clothing

Cute response!

Cute, but wrong.

When speaking of A sheep the subject is singular, so wolf is also singular. (It's about A sheep wearing the clothing of A wolf.)

The sentence is incorrect, of course, but not the way you think.

It should be " ... a sheep in wolf's clothing Cpl."

The apostrophe makes the singular wolf into a possessive - the clothing that the sheep is wearing belongs to a wolf.

Get it?

Good!

No charge..........................

To the Malcontent

Thank you for your support of Mike and Steve. It is a fight and I know Steve truly believes it is worth fighting. Even though he won't see many of the benefits he wants those after him to see them.

I appreciate your support!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123