12 hour shift
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 hour shift

12 hour shift

How's everybody feel about the 12 hour shift?

It only makes the road work the shifts but EVERYONE gets the pay increase. How is that fair?

I welcome the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It only makes the road work the shifts but EVERYONE gets the pay increase. How is that fair?

grow up..........

Shifts

12 Hr. shifts turn into 14 hr shifts with little down time. Long days and nights... A good 10 hr shift with 3 days off including a part of the weekend is my vote.

I guess i'll have to grow up to vote against the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Road girl
    I welcome the change.
    Yeah like youve done anything to deserve it

I agree with fl leo. For most people its an hour before work to get ready and go to work and an hour to get home and unwind, meaning a 12 hour day already, so now just make it a 14 hr day. so now details and overtime (if there will ever by any) will be at a premium. court will be miserable (on duty for bravo or 16-18 hr days for alpha officers). Some officers probably wont see their families (or very very little of them) for 3-4 days at a time.

By the end of the 3rd and 4th day of the work week officers are gonna be tired, cranky, looking forward to going home and not wanna respond to calls. its unsafe. But hey, we got a few extra dollars in our pocket!

Hope its worth it. Some people are gonna leave when this happens.

VOTE NO!!! those of us not topped out are getting screwed and giving up 10 hr shifts

"Hope its worth it. Some people are gonna leave when this happens."

Oh, God. Let's hope so.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast