Looking for Steve Rios
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for Steve Rios

Looking for Steven Rios, from Burtonsville MD. He was in uniformed division a while back. Any one know if he is still working?

Krishna Siew

Just call.

Just call the UD office at (202) 395-2020 and ask to leave a message for him.

If he is no longer there they will tell you.

thanks...

I knew Rios but don't know where he is now. Try checking with the UDRA (**** Mawhorr) he might be able to help you. Coming here with questions about the UD is a waist. The 1811's don't care if a UD member is dead or alive. Good luck.

Sorry I forgot to log in when I posted the above message. But speeking of dead or alive, check the pipeline obituaries or the web site and see how many UD members you see listed. :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I knew Rios but don't know where he is now. Try checking with the UDRA (. Mawhorr) he might be able to help you. Coming here with questions about the UD is a waist. The 1811's don't care if a UD member is dead or alive. Good luck.

It's a shame that there is something in your experience that makes you think the agents did/do not appreciate UD personnel. I don't believe that is actually accurate.

I see it as natural that agents who work as teams (as members of shifts or on particular protective details) are closer to their teammates than to others - even other agents.

With regard to THIS site, all are welcome. It is not exclusively an agent site. In fact many agents who read this site never post because they will not participate in a message board where the identity of the posters has not been verified. The Secret Service is a somewhat closed community.

Hey Relationships, here is a quick story for you because I have many of them. I was on a detail with the Prez one time and was posted in a hall where he had to pass to get to the meeting room. Just before the President (the man that I was also paid to protect) came past me I was pushed, that's right pushed (hands on) out of the way by a PPD agent until he passed me. After getting back to DC I filed a complaint but you and I both know how far that went don't we. That is just one of many that I can tell. So please don't blow that smoke about how we were one big happy family because after 24 years of that crap I know different.

ps: any more former UD on here that have the b**** that can give me some back up here?

And don't even get me started about the pay bills and other benefits that we were cut out of with the stroke of a pen by the Director. I might be a rookie on this message board but I am a veteran when it comes to the relationship between agents and UD.

Quote Originally Posted by RETUD
    Hey Relationships, here is a quick story for you because I have many of them. I was on a detail with the Prez one time and was posted in a hall where he had to pass to get to the meeting room. Just before the President (the man that I was also paid to protect) came past me I was pushed, that's right pushed (hands on) out of the way by a PPD agent until he passed me. After getting back to DC I filed a complaint but you and I both know how far that went don't we. That is just one of many that I can tell. So please don't blow that smoke about how we were one big happy family because after 24 years of that crap I know different.

ps: any more former UD on here that have the b**** that can give me some back up here?

Well I was an agent and I worked closely and well with UD officers for the six years that I was at the White House.

I will grant you that SOME agents were arrogant SOBs, but they were often arrogant SOBs toward other agents as well as toward UD officers. I can think of several, both on PPD and VPPD.

But the majority of agents were never on either of these assignments and it's a shame that you feel you must tar all agents with this same brush.

I will grant you that I've been retired for quite some time so I can't really speak to present circumstances.

My experience, though, is that Headquarters isn't particularly concerned about retirees - either agents or UD.

As far as that goes, I'm getting stories that they aren't too concerned about their agents either. Burn them up with excessive travel and overtime and toss them aside seems to be the order of the day. But I've strayed onto a different subject.

Also, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say we were one big happy family.

Please, I'm sorry if I sound down on all agents because I'm not. I have worked with some great guys that were agents, some of them that treated me with high respect. I am talking about those few apples that give the rest a bad name. But Sir unless you were UD, you have no idea of how we were treated. I have many stories and points I could make to prove my point but believe me they are too numerous to mention. I was just left with a bad taste in my mouth and even now in retirement we are still treated wrongly. Again sorry to paint all agents with the same brush, it's not true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast