Stop focusing on the negative

Stop focusing on the negative

Yeah, there are a few things wrong with this department but we all make good money and its not that hard for someone with a few years on the job to make 100k a year when you include OT and details. Thats great money. Our retirement is pretty good also, very soon I will be getting a check each month for the rest of my life. Right now I have a new take home outfitted with the best equipment. We used to not have take-homes and we had to drive old beat down Dodges that didnt have power anything and just an on/off switch for the blue lights. So what if they want to monitor everywhere we go, If you do what you are supposed to it will never be a problem. No one is just going to hand you money every two weeks and expect nothing from you. For those who think this place is terrible remember the grass isnt always greener on the other side.

Amen brother! Where else could you make this kind of money without any advanced degrees? I became a cop because I believed I could help people, not because I wanted to get rich. It is a para-military organization. Until I become a supervisor, if ever, I have to follow orders. I dont have to like those orders I just have to follow them as long as they are legal, moral and ethical.
    Most of the people that are complaining are the ones that dont do their job and expect everyone hand them a new car and cater to there wishes all the time. If they dont get there way they whine and complain. I am happy. We got it good. My last job sucked more and paid less. I plan on being here 20 years too!

Well really most of the people complaining are people that are getting really sick and tired of getting treated like shyte by "supervisors" that have a superiority complex and don't know the first thing about being a leader. If it's supposed to be "para-military" then maybe they need to have an NCO school. Semper-FI.

The first two people to post must have been the chief and asst. chief. Isn't it funny that you have to have a special key to get into the chief's side of the P.D.