READ THIS NOW!!!!! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

[quote=USC Trojan]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by "Balding exK9":16husr6y
    Dominic is not the only one, most of these comments come from the veteran officers that are still here because they cant go anywhere else. You know like the ones who cant pass a test at BSO or anywhere else. They are just miserable, don't let them bother you. You should be revelling in their constant misery.
    Chief I thought you said NOBODY that still works here is posting. Which is it? Never mind. Nobody believes what you say anymore. Even the citizens that are tired of our posts are getting very tired of you!
    Yes sir. Man did RP make a very bad impression at the halloween festival. Several citizens questioned why he was not in costume and his response was, because I AM THE CHIEF. That is why he has lost the respect of his agency and the community. He can bull.... the council and the rejects he has hired from other pd's but he is in a deep spiral downward.[/quote:16husr6y]

RP was in costume. You mean to tell me that you did not recognize him. He was dressed up as a police chief. Wow, is that far fetched or what?????

Quote Originally Posted by Amazed again
    Why don't you all confront each other about your issues and not on this site. Spineless .. totally spineless to say things on here and not be man or woman enough to say it to someones face. It's embarrassing sometimes to say I live in WM and that I actually pay your salaries. Alot of you seem like a bunch of whiney old cronies. Ones that couldn't make it in any other force had to come here and complain even more because you thought you were good enough for a real force but didn't have what it takes. Then there are the ones that left to find greener pastures but didn't like the smell of new grass. Things will change at WMPD if the residence have a say so. We need police officers not gossipy prima donnas.
    Good post. Lets address this. Actually the ones who could not make another force are NOW being hired at the City of Wilton Manors private security force. I would ask that every tax payer do a public records request and look at the background investigations on the new hire CERTIFIED police officers that we have to work with.I cringe every time I have to call for a back up and get a perez hire.Scary. Sad very sad.And if you want to talk spineless lets talk about the city manager joe gallegos,mayor, scott newton and city commissioner joe angelo, craig sherritt, gary renick and ted galatis.They caused this whole problem and then stuck their head in the sand when the PD self destructed. And you know what, we have confronted each other but get NO BACKING from the police administration because they play favorites and are vindictive. Before we could talk to each other but that time is long gone. Now we have to watch our back because of the daggers that are thrown by Chief RP and his henchmen & henchwoman. Thank you very much for paying my salary because I will do the least possible every day I can until the spineless city manager corrects the situation and gets rid of the hostile work enviroment I work in. You will hear that phrase a lot in the near future. Check Ezrols City Attorney report.And you are lucky you have the cronies because they are the only ones holding the police department together right now. The real force is long gone. Check the perez letters of understanding. Who do you have for marine patrol, swat, dive team, hostige negociationsand motorcycle patrol. Fort Lauderdale PD who supplied the manpower so the Halloween celebration could take place. How embarrassing is it that the city sponsors a major event and has to call in another cities police department in to assure it takes place.And what will happen if they go green which is a possibility if you have read the Sun Sentinel recently. Who does your homicide investigations and traffic homicide investigations. I am guessing BSO who has county wide jurisdiction, which I presume you mean is the greener side. So please tell me now how do you have a real force?

READ THIS POST FROM FLPD FORUM. ANYTHING SOUND FAMILIAR?????

When I started here at FLPD almost 10 years ago, We were the elite agency in South Florida and dare I say all Florida. Technology: We had none; Take Home Cars: We had none; In car computers: well, remember the FORTE?. Our equipment sucked and our police cars were rat nests. And you know what? No one cared! Our pay was tops, our details (which still are) were the greatest around town, and your boss came in every day and told you to kick ass and take names.
    On FTO, you were taught not to take crap from anyone. With our own jail, everyone was fair game. Other agencies knew that if Fort Lauderdale arrived on scene, the job was getting done, one way or another. In the academy, I remember the instructors always saying, "there's this way of doing things, and then there's the Fort Lauderdale way of doing things". We were proud of that and others looked up to us. Arrestees would beg you to charge them state statute and not city ordinance because of the time they would have to do in our jail. Bad guys feared us and feared our jail. The brass, for the most part, left you alone. I have vivid memories of Sgt Kridos yelling at someone on the phone who complained on me, instead of quivering and capitulating like a coward as some Sgts do today. Your Sgts looked out for you. Stats? Yeah, they mattered, but there was not the obsession as there is today.
    This department, in the short time I have been here, has done a 180-degree turn, in the wrong direction. It's all about leadership, or lack thereof. Bottom line is, we have no leadership at this agency. There are very few people, Captains and above, who I would rally around and follow into battle. Capt Peney in one, but I am hard pressed to find another. Instead of positive motivation, the current brass motivates by intimidation and threats of discipline. This is no way to motivate. Reckless investigations are rampant and the abuse of power is overwhelming. It has obviously become apparent to many that the only way to get ahead in this department is to prove your ability to massively hand down discipline. How is it that supposed leaders don’t understand this? Is it that complicated? Do I need to make a graph, because I know they understand those?
    When you compile this with the city’s inexcusable treatment of its officers from furlough days to fraudulent terminations, you have the likes of a mutiny on your hands
    . What has happened to this place? What makes city officials lie about one of the finest officers this place has in Officer Hoffman? What makes fellow brothers and sisters turn on their own in the case of Sgt Suess? Unfortunately, I don’t have the answer. It is a systematic abuse of power and a cultivated culture of back stabbing nurtured from the top down. For those that say, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to take a test to quit? Well, you’re right. I don’t have to stay. With a college degree, obtained before I became a cop from a real University, and my experience here, getting another job in the public or private sector wouldn’t be a stretch for me. So don’t throw that crap around my direction! I stay because of the great friends I have made, the comradery you can get nowhere else, and the fact that I truly like being a cop. And for those who say that work is not supposed to be fun? GET REAL! Work for me used to be very fun and to some extent still is. Are there those people out there forced to work a job they hate each and every day? You bet. Fortunately and luckily for me, I am not one of those people. I have options so you can keep that crap too!
    When it comes to this contract, I am more optimistic now than before. I have been very impressed and encouraged by the strong turnout and support our members have given. We, for the first time in a long time, are united. Our executive board is outstanding and is ready to take this fight to the tyrants. The city should be scared because this time, we’re not backing down! And when this contract fight is over and we have prevailed, we will turn our sights on this administration and this city management. The days of this vial totalitarian dictatorship will eventually come to an end. As one of my favorite detectives says, “The White Plains Mafia” must be defeated. Those administrators who have sworn their allegiance to this group of thugs will find themselves isolated, with no bridge left standing behind them. Choose your side now because a war is brewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    READ THIS POST FROM FLPD FORUM. ANYTHING SOUND FAMILIAR?????

When I started here at FLPD almost 10 years ago, We were the elite agency in South Florida and dare I say all Florida. Technology: We had none; Take Home Cars: We had none; In car computers: well, remember the FORTE?. Our equipment sucked and our police cars were rat nests. And you know what? No one cared! Our pay was tops, our details (which still are) were the greatest around town, and your boss came in every day and told you to kick ass and take names.
    On FTO, you were taught not to take crap from anyone. With our own jail, everyone was fair game. Other agencies knew that if Fort Lauderdale arrived on scene, the job was getting done, one way or another. In the academy, I remember the instructors always saying, "there's this way of doing things, and then there's the Fort Lauderdale way of doing things". We were proud of that and others looked up to us. Arrestees would beg you to charge them state statute and not city ordinance because of the time they would have to do in our jail. Bad guys feared us and feared our jail. The brass, for the most part, left you alone. I have vivid memories of Sgt Kridos yelling at someone on the phone who complained on me, instead of quivering and capitulating like a coward as some Sgts do today. Your Sgts looked out for you. Stats? Yeah, they mattered, but there was not the obsession as there is today.
    This department, in the short time I have been here, has done a 180-degree turn, in the wrong direction. It's all about leadership, or lack thereof. Bottom line is, we have no leadership at this agency. There are very few people, Captains and above, who I would rally around and follow into battle. Capt Peney in one, but I am hard pressed to find another. Instead of positive motivation, the current brass motivates by intimidation and threats of discipline. This is no way to motivate. Reckless investigations are rampant and the abuse of power is overwhelming. It has obviously become apparent to many that the only way to get ahead in this department is to prove your ability to massively hand down discipline. How is it that supposed leaders don’t understand this? Is it that complicated? Do I need to make a graph, because I know they understand those?
    When you compile this with the city’s inexcusable treatment of its officers from furlough days to fraudulent terminations, you have the likes of a mutiny on your hands
    . What has happened to this place? What makes city officials lie about one of the finest officers this place has in Officer Hoffman? What makes fellow brothers and sisters turn on their own in the case of Sgt Suess? Unfortunately, I don’t have the answer. It is a systematic abuse of power and a cultivated culture of back stabbing nurtured from the top down. For those that say, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to take a test to quit? Well, you’re right. I don’t have to stay. With a college degree, obtained before I became a cop from a real University, and my experience here, getting another job in the public or private sector wouldn’t be a stretch for me. So don’t throw that crap around my direction! I stay because of the great friends I have made, the comradery you can get nowhere else, and the fact that I truly like being a cop. And for those who say that work is not supposed to be fun? GET REAL! Work for me used to be very fun and to some extent still is. Are there those people out there forced to work a job they hate each and every day? You bet. Fortunately and luckily for me, I am not one of those people. I have options so you can keep that crap too!
    When it comes to this contract, I am more optimistic now than before. I have been very impressed and encouraged by the strong turnout and support our members have given. We, for the first time in a long time, are united. Our executive board is outstanding and is ready to take this fight to the tyrants. The city should be scared because this time, we’re not backing down! And when this contract fight is over and we have prevailed, we will turn our sights on this administration and this city management. The days of this vial totalitarian dictatorship will eventually come to an end. As one of my favorite detectives says, “The White Plains Mafia” must be defeated. Those administrators who have sworn their allegiance to this group of thugs will find themselves isolated, with no bridge left standing behind them. Choose your side now because a war is brewing!
    What was your City Council thinking when they brought in perez & seibert. They were part of a huge leadership problen at our PD. Reading these threads , all they have done is brought that dictatorship mindset from a large pd to a small one. They are followers, not leaders. And they were part of the " White Plains Mafia" from the beginning trying to backstab any person they could to get ahead. In the end their stupidity held them back as it should have because they were not the brightest lights in a large sea of light bulbs.Call Jack L if you have ANY doubt how destructive they can be. Lucky you do not have to deal with the third thug, cameron, but that is a whole different story.

FLPD are you refering to Phil Cameron?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456