GPS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GPS

GPS

Is it me or do the new computers and this GPS stink?
    They try to buy these new computers that break all the time.
    Ill keep my Panasonic until it dies.
    Then when you ask for help only one person will take the time while the other is locked behind closed doors.

Computers and gps.

:roll: It's called job secutiry my dear watson.

If the GPS is for officer safety purposes why don't the detectives, sro's have them. How about a pager sized one they can wear on their hips. Or maybe we can inplant one under the skin

(The FDA has concluded that Gps implanted under the skin is safe and effective against tampering. It also doesn't interfere with pregnancy :arrow: funny huh?

While they are at they can implant the internal contraceptive in the females to avoid unwanted FMLA time.

Re: Computers and gps.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldest first
    :roll: It's called job secutiry my dear watson.

If the GPS is for officer safety purposes why don't the detectives, sro's have them. How about a pager sized one they can wear on their hips. Or maybe we can inplant one under the skin

(The FDA has concluded that Gps implanted under the skin is safe and effective against tampering. It also doesn't interfere with pregnancy :arrow: funny huh?
    Ding dong SRO's and Detectives are not allowed to have their computers on in their cars/trucks...no computer mounts. Check your information before you sound off.

And on top of that they are usually (being the keyword) in an office building somewhere. They are usually (keyword again) not the ones responding to calls and pulling traffic stops all day/night.

I personally think there are a few other steps we could take to improve officer safety that would be much more productive then an AVL.

Increase min staffing.

Make long guns more accessable.

Approve a uiniform that can be worn with a Tac-Vest.

Put breaks on our units that dont sound like nails on a chalk board.

Make Physical fitness standards.

Can any old-timers give an occasion where an AVL could have been used to save an officer who was in trouble? There may be one that I'm not aware of.

If the department wants to keep better track of us, thats fine. Just dont feed me shyte and tell me its a brownie.

Quote Originally Posted by 51-94
    Increase min staffing.

Put breaks on our units that dont sound like nails on a chalk board.

I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by 51-94
    I personally think there are a few other steps we could take to improve officer safety that would be much more productive then an AVL.

Increase min staffing.

Put brakes on our units that dont sound like nails on a chalk board.

Can any old-timers give an occasion where an AVL could have been used to save an officer who was in trouble? There may be one that I'm not aware of.

If the department wants to keep better track of us, thats fine. Just dont feed me shyte and tell me its a brownie.

An officer, who i will not name, was almost stabbed to death on the pkwy and could not advise location while he was being attacked...why are you all so worried about the GPS, if you work then it is a non issue

Quote Originally Posted by notso
    An officer, who i will not name, was almost stabbed to death on the pkwy and could not advise location while he was being attacked...why are you all so worried about the GPS, if you work then it is a non issue
    Whose worried?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast