why is everyone so negative? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I for one have to agree that jen is truely working on her propaganda strategy. Jen let me tell you something keep you're friends close. They don't care if your ass kiss. You're a number like the rest of us. A number like the rest of us (maybe it'll sink in the second time) obviosly a female does get pregnant. I'm glad my spouse did and all of my children are healthy and happy. Though I would be concerned that every female that has put in for a specialized unit over the last 2 years has gotten the position. (Makes you wonder huh? ) is it the admin thinks you're the best qualified ( all 2 plus yrs of exp) or do they think you can't handled police work. This isn't focused to just you but all the females that have ben placed in the last 2 years. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. He may have throat cancer.

I agree with 23y5. As far as people living in the city getting new cars, they should get them. But not while they are stil on FTO and you have people who have been here driving a car with 100 thousand plus.

This place isn't Camelot but it isn't Hialeah either.

Quote Originally Posted by reality who
    I for one have to agree that jen is truely working on her propaganda strategy. Jen let me tell you something keep you're friends close. They don't care if your ass kiss. You're a number like the rest of us.
    I guess a comment like that should bother me but it doesn't because I realize that you are obviously someone who doesn't know me or what my agenda is. Have you ever thought that maybe people try to get into specialized units or promoted because they want to better themselves or the department by making positive changes? You should stop being so disgruntled and start figuring out how you can make a difference to make yourself feel better. Who's ass am I kissing? Last time I checked the people that make the sgt's list don't know our names. Did you ever think that maybe I like it here? I've said it before and I'll say it again...Miramar is heaven compared to Pinecrest. Sure there are problems here, but at least I am trying to do something about them instead of complaining anonymously and making false assumptions about other people without knowing any facts.

road guy??

Quote Originally Posted by Road Guy
    I was responding to the first line of your second paragraph. Look and see.

"And while I was sitting behind that desk on light duty, I was learning all of the policies which helped me pass the Sgt's exam."

Road guy. You are so correct! Well not actually you she actually admitted she utilized her time behind a desk getting an advantage while she was supposed to be helping out the department. I can't even read her script without having to remind myself she's not standing in front of me whining. I've surprised there's no policy about woman getting pregnant here.

Re: road guy??

Quote Originally Posted by reality who
    Road guy. You are so correct! Well not actually you she actually admitted she utilized her time behind a desk getting an advantage while she was supposed to be helping out the department. I can't even read her script without having to remind myself she's not standing in front of me whining. I've surprised there's no policy about woman getting pregnant here.
    I hope you are not as dumb as that comment makes you sound. Who are you?

Re: Your Solution

Quote Originally Posted by Long Time LEO
    Hello Miramar brother & sister's!

I read your forum and am floored at all of the complaints of how horrible it is to work at your PD. Why would any of you stay in this terrible environment? Let me tell you that it is no better in many other departments. Each has morale problems and problem supervisors. I have worked at a few different places, state and local, and can tell you that each had their own problems as well as good points. I can tell you after 20+ years in LE that things have changed for our profession. We have many outside influences on how we can do our jobs, some good and some bad. We also have different employees now, with different needs. The bottom line is that it is not up to your department to make you happy every day at work, it is all up to you. It is a matter of your perspective and how you deal with the changes in our profession. If all you do is focus on the problems then that will be all you will see. Listen, I see that your agency has some leadership problems, but many do. You can effect change from any level. Anyone can be a leader. Be part of the solution and quit just complaining about what is wrong. When you look back after 20 years you will recognize that some (not all) of those issues were petty and not worth getting upset about. Take care of yourselves and all of your brother & sister officers. Be careful, be honorable, and remember why you chose this profession in the first place. Many officers before you made great sacrifices to help you obtain your stature, honor them and their memory by taking an active part in making our profession better. After all is said and done we have to look out for each other and make sure we all go home safe at the end of the day. Be careful out there!
    LEO
    Long timer you have some good points. Though I must add that in this day and age its no longer a bedroom community in most of our neighborhoods. Its more like a war zone. The department that we both started with have changed tremendously. No longer is it about protecting and serving in the purest sense. Its about politics, big business and cut throat tactics. I think its important to back each other always and keep in mind that were all in this together. Though unlike the officers of past. Its up to the new bred to motivate change and speak up. And do so without the threat of intimidation. Be safe brother!

YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!!!!

how major DD could be in charge of the AVL or GPS program lol...... Years ago he got popped by the media for going to see his girlfriend on duty out of the city lol......

but NO!!!! the gps we have is not accurate and I get a phone call wanting to know why im not in my zone or in the atlantic driving 165mph

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE!!!!!!

how major DD could be in charge of the AVL or GPS program lol...... Years ago he got popped by the media for going to see his girlfriend on duty out of the city lol......

but NO!!!! the gps we have is not accurate and I get a phone call wanting to know why im not in my zone or in the atlantic driving 165mph
    Departmental Hipocracy at its best!!!

Everyone one upstairs has skeletons on them...they all have enough dirt on each other that if one goes he/she can take everyone else down with them...that is why they are all still here...

Do as I say, not as I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me what type of dirt Pound for Pound has on the administration to still be here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast