why is everyone so negative? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Reality Check

Time for a reality check...

For Road Guy...if your momma hadn't become pregnant then you wouldn't be here to wine. It is a part of life so deal with it.

Good luck on your assesment Jen, you'll do fine.

It is obvious that some of us have never had to deal with any other type of employment...if you had then you would realize that the problems and issues in this place are nothing that doesn't go on in corporate America. Trust someone who wasted 13 yrs in corporate America this place ain't perfect but it is better than most.

People complain about being short on the road but salivate at the overtime they get...can't have your cake and eat it to.

And oh by the way if you are so miserable then leave, ain't nobody forcin you to stay. :!:

Quote Originally Posted by Road Guy
    Don't be naive because I know your not. .
    You know I am not naive? Do you really know? You don't know me at all because if you did, you would know that I hated being pregnant and I hated being on light duty.

I hope you are lucky enough to have a woman willing to carry your children that has a decent job that allows her to continue receiving a paycheck and health benefits which will ease your financial burden.

But I guess there is no sense in arguing with someone who wont post their real name.

Actually "Jen", what it seems like to me is you are using this message board as a tool to further your career. You know Admin reads it. You post your name so everyone knows who you are. Then you defend the department (that you know is soft) so you seem like a real team player. You are making yourself out to be exactly what this department wants...another do-boy/girl. Its a great strategy, just makes you seem real fake.

Its a coincidence that the people who are easily identified and are defending the department just so happen to be looking to become SGT and go to DB. Coincidence? Dont think so.

B-81 51 for 10-7

Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by 51-94
    Actually "Jen", what it seems like to me is you are using this message board as a tool to further your career. You know Admin reads it. You post your name so everyone knows who you are. Then you defend the department (that you know is soft) so you seem like a real team player. You are making yourself out to be exactly what this department wants...another do-boy/girl. Its a great strategy, just makes you seem real fake.

Its a coincidence that the people who are easily identified and are defending the department just so happen to be looking to become SGT and go to DB. Coincidence? Dont think so.
    Or how about the fact that they are man/woman enough to say who they are because they don't care what others think? I know that you can't make everyone happy, and I am not defending the department. I am trying to make sense out of non-sense. How do you expect these young officers to want to stay around here and not go elsewhere when all they hear is old timers complaining about this or that? The people complaining are probably someone who handles a few calls a day, drives a brand new police car, has a radar, a rifle, and a brand new laptop. Maybe if you got your head out of the dirt and focused more on the positive things here, you wouldn't be so ovewhelmed with the bad.

Yes we have some sh^%tty administrators, and we have some good ones. Maybe gwendolyn boyd should come back and be chief. Wonder if people would be happy then. Look at Miami PD chief who made their department look stupid. Or Hollywood Chief who just resigned after that whole scandal. Sheriff Ken Jenne? Every place has their shi&*y administrators, you just have to try and steer clear of their path of destruction.

As far as getting a brand new car off FTO, well I am pretty sure that when people get hired here they are told that if they live in the city they get a new car. Now maybe that officer should not have got it right off of FTO, but they did say if you move here you get a new car.

And for the girl getting pregnant, women will most likely have a child at some point in their life. Whether it is now or then is sometimes unpredictable. But to say that they shouldn't have "relations" so they don't risk the possibility of getting pregnant because the road is short is ridiculous. Every unit in this department is short, maybe with the exception of SRO (which is a joke to me). But hey, Davie PD doesn't even have a street crimes unit.

THC

I can’t believe you are complaining that we go new cars right out of FTO. That means that you must have had a car. I have never seen a place that takes care of everyone right down to the newbe's like me with equipment. One thing I def can’t complain about here is they have better equipment than anywhere else. New radars, laptop and a car to drive. I bet it always hasn’t been like that here.

Enough if the woman bashing for getting pregnant. Half of you would be right there taking some of that action if it were offered. At least gen knows her baby daddy. And yes she works so leave her alone.

You have equipment because of Cpt. P and he is one of the few who is proactive and is stuck in that position which is good but we need him back on the road. Plus, I was not bashing a woman for being pregnant. And I'm sure being pregnant is hard but as you said you had time to study your policies for the test. What I said before applies to other people on light duty also. It all boils down to not having enough good people on the road. And 23C5 look at your first sentence and walk the walk.

Your Solution

Hello Miramar brother & sister's!

I read your forum and am floored at all of the complaints of how horrible it is to work at your PD. Why would any of you stay in this terrible environment? Let me tell you that it is no better in many other departments. Each has morale problems and problem supervisors. I have worked at a few different places, state and local, and can tell you that each had their own problems as well as good points. I can tell you after 20+ years in LE that things have changed for our profession. We have many outside influences on how we can do our jobs, some good and some bad. We also have different employees now, with different needs. The bottom line is that it is not up to your department to make you happy every day at work, it is all up to you. It is a matter of your perspective and how you deal with the changes in our profession. If all you do is focus on the problems then that will be all you will see. Listen, I see that your agency has some leadership problems, but many do. You can effect change from any level. Anyone can be a leader. Be part of the solution and quit just complaining about what is wrong. When you look back after 20 years you will recognize that some (not all) of those issues were petty and not worth getting upset about. Take care of yourselves and all of your brother & sister officers. Be careful, be honorable, and remember why you chose this profession in the first place. Many officers before you made great sacrifices to help you obtain your stature, honor them and their memory by taking an active part in making our profession better. After all is said and done we have to look out for each other and make sure we all go home safe at the end of the day. Be careful out there!
    LEO

actually I was not studying for the Sgts test three years ago when I was on light duty. I was working in the CALEA office and had to learn all of the policies to help this place pass inspection and keep its accredidation. If you knew me then you would have known that. anything else?

I was responding to the first line of your second paragraph. Look and see.

"And while I was sitting behind that desk on light duty, I was learning all of the policies which helped me pass the Sgt's exam."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast