contract rumors
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: contract rumors

contract rumors

Unfortunatelty this current contract negotiations are going as planned and as usual no information is flowing down from the reps to the main body.

Rumor has it the city is looking at a 1yr contract option? My question is what happens then do they cry poor (again) after that year expires?

Any comments on the 1year option from the peanut gallery?

Our reps

You can see from the email from ST that they only want to have a select audience and vote that night instead of allowing all of us a chance to read the FACTS and vote as a union! Again our reps looking out for their own interests as usual. We need new reps that are not biased and following their personal agendas... or a new union... :idea:

By the way great response to the department wide email that ST wrote. RS I salute you, you are my hero.

Is ST even a rep?

Grow some gons reps.

VOTE NO ON THE 1 YEAR CONTRACT.

I have had one of our reps talk to me, and they are in no way supporting this one year contract. It is total crap anyways. They are advising to hold out for a decent offer.

Either way we need to make things happen, and stop messing around.

Wake up. They tell you one thing and do another. Be afraid be very afraid.

Our Union

If you think for a second that our reps give a crap I got a bridge to sell ya! It is all about what is best for them...They are making back door deals for their own interests, that is how they do their thing for themselves...

odd are?

Wouldn't it be something if a rep was the next capt and sgt selected.

Just to let everyone know I was told on 101707 at 1700 hours about the official offer from the city. They want a 1 year contract and they will give us a 3% COLA. I later found out that the city is at an 18 million dollar surplus and they want the F.D. to reopen their contract. I found this out by talking to the F.D. Union people. What we offered as a plan to the city in the beginning was fair to everyone. The people who benefit most from our first proposal were the officers still in the step plan. Not me, I'm topped out. When I get information I pass it along. What irratates me is that some people will complain about certain situations but when it comes to standing up and filing a grievance that person or group of people back down. I CAN NOT file a grievance for you. When I meet with the command people they are told about the general concerns that you have because they are my concerns too. You all know me and you all know how to contact me. So please don't waste your time writing an anonymous remark.

Anonymous comments

People would rather talk crap and take shots at others here because they dont have the balls to step up and speak there mind. You people dont realize that everyone can read this including the news-papers and tv news. All this does is embarrass all of us. If you have something to say take it to the person or the chief or city manager or mayor. Stop taking pot shots from the roof top...you are embarrassing all of us! Grow up and do your job!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast