LE COM 1 and 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LE COM 1 and 2

LE COM 1 and 2

I thought we are reprogramming them to chanell 15 and 16 ,

in the event of a 10-31 we would be able to communicate with Martin county and Broward and in county agencies.

Instead of fumbling during emergency crisis.

Col Gauger Please look into this.

Re: LE CON 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I thought we are reprogramming them to chanell 15 and 16 ,

in the event of a 10-31 we would be able to communicate with Martin county and Broward and in county agencies.

Instead of fumbling during emergency crisis.

Col Gauger Please look into this.

Haha. Sounds like the Col is you're XO now.
    "Col, check on this and go get me a coffee!"

I am a radio nerd so I accept it, but several agencies are now going digital which will essentially make LE COM 1 & 2 obsolete. Martin County SO is digital and we can no longer talk to them. Palm Beach Gardens is rumored to be going digital as is WPBPD. It's a shame because even though it is somewhat time consuming to find these two channels at least we can talk to them. But when and if they go digital, we won't.

Be safe all!

Stop by the radio shop and ask one of the tech's. I believe the Radio Shop supervisor's name is Ray. (I think Carlton is his last name).

It would be such a shame if, after spending all that money o this new radio system, we couldnt talk to the other agencies. Even after all these years after 9-11, it is still a walking cluster-joke trying to work together.

LE COM

Palm Beach Gardens PD is going to a new radio system that allows the use of LE Com. Switching to LE COM can be done individually on a radio or as a group by Commo.

The problems with LE Com has been caused by other agencies not doing it properly. BBPD commo operators refused to switch until our
    Watch Commander told them to switch or we would take over their radio, hummm they switched.

WPPD Watch Commander didn't want to give up his primary and only authorized his units to switch their individual radios. When he discovered half couldn't, he gave up his primary channel. In the mean time his officers were being fired upon.

There are a lot more examples than just these two.

Did you know the County guidelines for the radio system (which is supposed to be followed by everyone using it) states the commo centers of all Police agencies must monitor LE COM 1: They don't.

If LE COM isn't working we can always use the FIN which would take over any radio in the state.

LE COM is a great tool, some people just need to learn how to use it. A recent test in a roll call showed less than half the deputies knew how to change their individual radio to a LE COM channel. It is a tool like your gun; learn to use it.

Re: LE COM

Quote Originally Posted by Member of the Green Gang
    Palm Beach Gardens PD is going to a new radio system that allows the use of LE Com. Switching to LE COM can be done individually on a radio or as a group by Commo.

The problems with LE Com has been caused by other agencies not doing it properly. BBPD commo operators refused to switch until our
    Watch Commander told them to switch or we would take over their radio, hummm they switched.

WPPD Watch Commander didn't want to give up his primary and only authorized his units to switch their individual radios. When he discovered half couldn't, he gave up his primary channel. In the mean time his officers were being fired upon.

There are a lot more examples than just these two.

Did you know the County guidelines for the radio system (which is supposed to be followed by everyone using it) states the commo centers of all Police agencies must monitor LE COM 1: They don't.

If LE COM isn't working we can always use the FIN which would take over any radio in the state.

LE COM is a great tool, some people just need to learn how to use it. A recent test in a roll call showed less than half the deputies knew how to change their individual radio to a LE COM channel. It is a tool like your gun; learn to use it.
    Palm Beach Gardens is going to be switching to the FHP Ma/com radios. they are the biggest piece of junk around. Gardens has since scratched the idea and will be keeping what they have

LE Comm 1 & 2

Member of the Green Gang is correct. The county does a roll call of the agencies (even Martin County), BUT, they have a schedule of what day and what time. That way all of the agencies that are SUPPOSED to be listening will tune in and make it look like the do. If they did one unannounced, they would be floored to see who really listens.

I worked for a Municipal PD and saw it all the time in dispatch when I was in the station.

Also, I was told that the life span of a radio system is about 10 years, which the county system is closing in on. Others going digital are upgrading to the next step in technology. Why invest in a system that is close to obsolete?

Ya'll be Safe

Didnt we go live with this 800 system in 03 or 04??? If so, we are a few years away fro teh 10 year mark. But you are right, why dump more money into it if it is obsolete???

LE Com 1 & 2

You have been on it since late 2000 - time flies huh??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast