what are FTOs teaching?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

what are FTOs teaching?

It’s the FTO's job to teach new Deputies/Officers how to be Cops. Not just the mechanics of doing the job, and not just the book, but to include the actual real life, day to day stuff.

FTO's today are putting out rookies that are robots that dont think of feel for themselves, just what the book says.

Part of what should be given to young officers by there FTO is the feeling of belonging to a group. That Criminal Justice Officers should stand together. That the "Blue Line" really is there.

A Highlands County Deputy wrote a fellow Deputy’s family member a ticket. The relative is himself a State Officer and a PBA brother. This in my opinion is very low. How would you the reader feel if this were to happen to your relatives?

I have Never and will Never write another Deputy/Officer a ticket. I have and will do everything in my power to help my brothers and sisters. Its how I was "brought up".

Officer discretion is a tool used everyday.

If you are an FTO that does try to do this, then I thank you. To the others just consider the message.

Um

And of course you know all the facts behind this incident...

Point is, as if the facts change the outcome. Bottom line is.....a cop and a fellow cop was cited. For something that apparently could have been handled differently. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by And even Yet again
    Point is, as if the facts change the outcome. Bottom line is.....a cop and a fellow cop was cited. For something that apparently could have been handled differently. Period.
    No, the facts dont change the outcome. But knowing the facts can explain the outcome... but I guess then there would be nothing to complain about.

Writing other cops

There is no excuse for writing another LEO, period!! You are a disgrace to the profession and should be ashamed of yourself. I demand your resignation.

citing cops

I didnt hear about this but would love to know the circumstances of this incident. I have been a cop for 27 years and have stopped literally hundreds of officers, deputies, FHP, sheriff's, chief's etc... I've only considered writing one that was a total prick, but still didnt write him. We are a brotherhood, we need to stand together against what the world is becoming!! Just my opinion....but I had much rather spend my time locking up real criminals than writing other LEO's.

[quote=and again]
    Quote Originally Posted by "And even Yet again":ci7qupj0
    No, the facts dont change the outcome. But knowing the facts can explain the outcome... but I guess then there would be nothing to complain about.[/quote:ci7qupj0]

I guess you missed that part...."AS IF" about the facts changing the outcome. It's called reading for content.

But others not only seem to agree, but prove the same point, as well. "Kudos" to those who can comprehend basic English, and see bigger pictures than how many citations one writes at the end of the day.

Ive been off of here for a few days. Its interesting to see the debate that has taken place.

If you want them here are some of the facts.

It happened just south of Avon Park on 27. Past the bridge up to the dealership is a 45mph zone. Then at the dealership jumps up to a 55mph Zone. I started to accelerate past the bridge to 60, and saw the deputy stopped in the drive next to the dealership (approx 25 yards from the 55 sign).

As I passed him, he pulled out behind me. I knew he was going to 10-50 so i pulled over before he even turned on the lights (past the sign now, that close) . I was in uniform, and had my DL, Veh, and Ins, papers ready for him when he came up. As he took them he said he thought i looked familiar. I said it must be my father since I look like him and he worked for the S.O. He then went back to his car, I thought to write out the warning at least. (still show activity and i can understand that.) But I was wrong, he came back and issued the citation for 60mph.

At no time was I smart or mouthing off to the guy. I did ask him his name though, to which he replied by giving it and stating that its on the ticket along with the lazer certification number.

I dont know about resignations or anything bad like that at all. I just think that a little growwing up or mentoring by the guys who have been around a bit more is needed for this "New" Deputy (or was it Deputy New? opps!)

Whats done is done so im now going to let it die, but i stand by my comments before about teaching and mentoring.

All of you be safe, and make sure you go home at the end of tour.

A brother in arms.

Who was this Deputy?

I cant believe that a cop would write another esp in uniform? What a prick. I gotta know who the citing officer was.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast