DS Drago,

This announcement is regarding the posts you may have seen on this site. The crude, offensive posts that have been on this site do not reflect the majority of the agents of the FDABT. I am sorry that this forum has become a bashing ground for some malcontents within the agency. For some, no matter how much positive change is made, they will continue to gripe...it's just easier for them.

I see that you want to make this a better place to work, and I appreciate it. I know change cannot come overnite, but I can see it coming. As you well know, morale is low. Pay is low. Working equipment is low. Overtime is not only low, it is non-existent.

In selecting our new Director, please consider the following: It is possible to appease the industry and the agents simultaneously. We are a readily funded agency, but we have the worst equipment. Many of our cars are in terrible shape...they cost more to repair than replace. Our current Chief has expressed her desire to reduce the allowable ours of off-duty work. In light of the pay raise denial, many of us need the money those details provide. Agents should be in constant collaboration with other agencies and assigned to task forces; both can help make the agency more money for programs/training/equipment. Obtaining grants could provide a wealth of opportunities for FDABT to grow, all at minimal to no cost to the State of Florida or its citizens. Enforcement should be a priority, and treated as such. To an LEO, there is no worse feeling than to be restricted from doing one's job.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Mod 361