Sumter county sheriff - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Go PBA

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    starting pay is the only thing I can complain about. The starting pay is $33,000 but tons of oppurtunities for detail and OT. There is no pay for experience with another agency, but we do get good raises each year. WE have deputies on the road making over 60k a year. The FTO program is accellerated if you are experience and you recieve your car before you are even out of FTO. As of right now no take home car out of county, but it is rumored to change. We are issued glock 22's with tactical lights, a 12 guage, and a m14. Radars are available to everyone on patrol. We have MDT's but no ticket writers. we get $25 an hour for special detail. No we are not unionized because our Sheriff has been great to us so it isnt called for here.
    Tks for the feedback, how come you guys dont have your own website? and why are you using CCSO's forum to discuss matters? Does Sumter have their own forum here on LEO?

I'm not sure how anyone can survive on 33k a year especially with todays economy. Ouch! i guess not many laterals from other agencies with no compensation for experience, that blows!! Guys on the road making 60k, must be dino's close to 20years on the job huh?? Rumors are like opinions bro everyone has one. I've heard rumors before and thats all they are....So far it sounds like things are OK but can be better, so far a proven track record reveals agencies that are non-union that vote it in have seen on average an 8 to 12% increase in salary with their 1st contract and better disciplinary representation along with many other benefits. Sounds like something to consider.....

BSAFE

we have our own website....sumtercountysheriff.org. We also have our own message board on here, but i think this was an OLD post. Its not surviving on 33k lol......lots of off duty and OT. I think the 60k is at like 12 years, not sure but im am pretty sure top out is 12 years

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    we have our own website....sumtercountysheriff.org. We also have our own message board on here, but i think this was an OLD post. Its not surviving on 33k lol......lots of off duty and OT. I think the 60k is at like 12 years, not sure but im am pretty sure top out is 12 years
    So you mean your message board is the one on CCSO not an independant one in the forum talk group under SCSO, right?

if you scroll down to the "S" you will find Sumter County Sheriff's Office.

Re: Sumter county sheriff

Lol. Seriously? Sumter? Do yourself and your career a favor and look elsewhere. Unless you're part of the good ole' country boy click already implemented in this agency or friends/related/ or suck up to the untouchable tyrant 002, the slightest thing could black list you from any further employment elsewhere. I've seen it happen to too many people there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123