$$$OVERTIME$$$
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $$$OVERTIME$$$

$$$OVERTIME$$$

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT THE OVERTIME ISSUE AND MAKING IT FAIR FOR EVERYONE NOT JUST THE SELECTED FEW, "JH". THE UNION NEEDS TO THINK OF WAY OF MAKING A LIST. IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE FAIR. NOT SEND OUT A DIGI AND THE FIRST TO CALL GETS IT. WHEN YUOU HAVE A UNION IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR FOR EVERYONE. THIS THING WITH LETTING "JH" DECIDE WHO GETS CALLED ISNT RIGHT. I NEED TO MAKE SOME MONEY TOO. WHY DONT I GET CALLED. HE GETS HIS AND THEN SOME$$$$

none

Jh has been doing this for years and for years there has been no complaints. He is fair and he spreads the overtime quite well. The reason some people work the overtime and others don't is because those are the people he can count on.

I know people have asked him to be put on the overtime list before and everytime those people are called, they are to busy, have something better to do, don't want to work it etc so after several excuses he stops calling them.

I think you are just trying to stir the pot for no reason, he is a good guy and a fair one at that. All you have to do is send him a digie or get with him face to face and ask him to be put on the overtime list.

Don't come on here and whine or complain, grow a set!

I don't work OT anymore, but there was a time when I did. I was a OT hound!!! And whenever JH would call me, I would ALWAYS be available. Once JH realized that I was ALWAYS available, then he called on me a lot. I would get a call at least once a week, if not 2 or 3 times a week. Yes there were times when we had dry spells, but other then that, I ALWAYS got called!!! I know that most of you have families and commitments and social lives, but if you want to get called a lot, then you have to be AVAILABLE (consistently) when you get a call. After about the 5th-time-in-a-row that you say "no," the calls will stop!!!! That's just the way it is!!! Sorry!!!!

If you're wondering why I quit working OT -- I ran into some health issues.

here is a thought, send him a diggie a few days in advance with your days off and when u can work-i do and i get called.

I worked with Jeff Harris for years....

Jeff accepted this un-official post as overtime coordinator. He received no comp time for doing so. He received no overtime for handling this duty. Supervisors call him at home, on his days off, at training etc, asking him to fill zones that they can t cover.

Individual Supervisors used to call Deps A, B, n C to see if they could work. Dep A was on light duty, B was on vacation, C was already booked for that day. If 6 individual supervisors start scouring the rooster to fill slots, you can see the dilema it poses. Plus, each deputy gets called 6 times.

With Jeff running the show, he knows who is on light duty, who's on vacation, and who he has already booked and for which time/date. I have known Jeff to be the most honest, and hardworking deputy. He is fair in all instances. But just like the detail coordinator~~ If she called you 4-5 times and you were never available, well you were dropped like a hot potato. Jeff will drop you also if you fail to show for your scheduled O/T, as he should. Because when you don t show, he has to work it or find someone who can. Jeff often does his 10 hour shift, then fills an evening shift slot from 1600-2100. He then drives 30 mins home, catches a shower, just in time to go to bed, and get up at 0500 to do it again. How many of you could or would do it as long as Jeff has?? Money?? Yep he gets O/T, and it will be a nice retirement ~ If he lives to enjoy it. Man up some time and ask him why he works so much O/T..

Do you want the answer he gave me ? Because if he can't find someone to fill the zone, it goes empty. The public gets short changed for the LE protection they are paying for. But more importantly, you work without a zone partner. You work without proper back up. So when he can't find someone to fill the zone, He gives up his rest. He forfeits his day off, inorder to make sure the zone is filled. He does it because he cares.

When Jeff finally pulls the pin.. who wants to step up and take his place?

Wow...I thought he got a few extra bucks for doing it. He is a better man than me, I dont do anything for free. All this aggravation is WAAAY beyond the call of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired n Luvin it
    I worked with Jeff Harris for years....

Jeff accepted this un-official post as overtime coordinator. He received no comp time for doing so. He received no overtime for handling this duty. Supervisors call him at home, on his days off, at training etc, asking him to fill zones that they can t cover.

Individual Supervisors used to call Deps A, B, n C to see if they could work. Dep A was on light duty, B was on vacation, C was already booked for that day. If 6 individual supervisors start scouring the rooster to fill slots, you can see the dilema it poses. Plus, each deputy gets called 6 times.

With Jeff running the show, he knows who is on light duty, who's on vacation, and who he has already booked and for which time/date. I have known Jeff to be the most honest, and hardworking deputy. He is fair in all instances. But just like the detail coordinator~~ If she called you 4-5 times and you were never available, well you were dropped like a hot potato. Jeff will drop you also if you fail to show for your scheduled O/T, as he should. Because when you don t show, he has to work it or find someone who can. Jeff often does his 10 hour shift, then fills an evening shift slot from 1600-2100. He then drives 30 mins home, catches a shower, just in time to go to bed, and get up at 0500 to do it again. How many of you could or would do it as long as Jeff has?? Money?? Yep he gets O/T, and it will be a nice retirement ~ If he lives to enjoy it. Man up some time and ask him why he works so much O/T..

Do you want the answer he gave me ? Because if he can't find someone to fill the zone, it goes empty. The public gets short changed for the LE protection they are paying for. But more importantly, you work without a zone partner. You work without proper back up. So when he can't find someone to fill the zone, He gives up his rest. He forfeits his day off, inorder to make sure the zone is filled. He does it because he cares.

When Jeff finally pulls the pin.. who wants to step up and take his place?
    Ouch!!!! It's gonna be a nightmare!!!!! :?

gimme a break

Jeff is issued a department phone. So don't tell me crap about calling him at home or on the weekends.
    Plus, if he calls someone for overtime and they say NO 2 times, then he NEVER calls them again????????????????????? How the heck is that fair???????????????????????????????
    No one has ever complained before??? BULL S__T!!! Im just surprised no one had ever tried to sue. Hey Hoffman, better make sure no one could sue over the disbursement of overtime. I BET THEY COULD....wink wink

Re: gimme a break

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhhh please
    Jeff is issued a department phone. So don't tell me crap about calling him at home or on the weekends.
    Plus, if he calls someone for overtime and they say NO 2 times, then he NEVER calls them again????????????????????? How the heck is that fair???????????????????????????????
    No one has ever complained before??? BULL S__T!!! Im just surprised no one had ever tried to sue. Hey Hoffman, better make sure no one could sue over the disbursement of overtime. I BET THEY COULD....wink wink
    Christ, what a whiny POS you are! No one said anything about him dropping you if you said 'no' twice. But if you are a chronic, then it's easy to see why he wouldn't waste his time. Back to you, when did you ever approach JH about your concerns? Yeah, I figured as much. About 2 hours ago. With this dumb@ss post of yours.

Re: gimme a break

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhhh please
    I read and reread this thread twice and I still can't find where anybody said that you say "no" to JH twice, then he'll never call you back. Can you please quite where that was written??? Ohhhh you can't??? Maybe that's because you pulled it out of your arse???? Quit being a whiney b*tch and give JH a call and tell him that you want to be put on the OT list. If you're reliable, then you'll be put on the "A" list. If you're semi-reliable, then you'll be put on the "B" list. If you're a POS, then you'll be put on the "C" list because you either never answer your freaking phone or you always have a lame excuse why you can't work i.e. I have to take my dog to the vet or I'm going out drinking or I need to watch a movie or :roll:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast