Pompano
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pompano

Pompano

Why is everyone trashing Pompano and Pompano guys? It is one of the hardest places to work...

Re: Pompano

Quote Originally Posted by HARD WORKER
    Why is everyone trashing Pompano and Pompano guys? It is one of the hardest places to work...
    Pompano is no harder than some of our other districts that have high crime/violence ares - just bigger. I've been in most of them.

Problem with Pompano is that most stayed there and not much changed, others left and got promoted only to be sent back to Pompano. hard to change when you're still doing eveything the same way you have been doing it for so many years. When you have a PD with issues like Pompano PD had you have to change more than the color of the uniform. It will never change as long as those in command no absolutely nothing other than Pompano, just ask the long time BSO people who have been transferred in. I've seen many mergers and you really need a 50/50 swap of deputies, all new executive command, and most lts and sgts to effect change.

Yes there are many good men and women from Pompano merger - as with all of them - problem is it's easier to see the problem children - they stick out. We're all BSO now and the generic bashing needs to stop and support one another - then change command - Major, 1 Capt., old Pompano Lts - and put them to work outside in an active district. Only then will they learn the BSO ways.

We are still the best - BSO - all of us.

Pompano

OOPS! Alright Stanley, how did we get into this mess?

Looking for hardened criminals and BAM.
    Sun Sentinel - About the same time, a Broward sheriff's deputy rear-ended another deputy in the 2400 block of West Atlantic Boulevard in Pompano Beach, said Veda Coleman-Wright, a spokeswoman for the department.

Here's another fine mess you've gotten us into....

For the youngsters - probably the crasher and crashee - that's from Laurel and Hardy, hope you've heard of them.

Pompano is an old Seminole Indian word meaning "Hole of $hit" (loosely translated.)

[quote=Long time BSO]
    Quote Originally Posted by "HARD WORKER":3sq09fd2
    Pompano is no harder than some of our other districts that have high crime/violence ares - just bigger. I've been in most of them.

Problem with Pompano is that most stayed there and not much changed, others left and got promoted only to be sent back to Pompano. hard to change when you're still doing eveything the same way you have been doing it for so many years. When you have a PD with issues like Pompano PD had you have to change more than the color of the uniform. It will never change as long as those in command no absolutely nothing other than Pompano, just ask the long time BSO people who have been transferred in. I've seen many mergers and you really need a 50/50 swap of deputies, all new executive command, and most lts and sgts to effect change.

Yes there are many good men and women from Pompano merger - as with all of them - problem is it's easier to see the problem children - they stick out. We're all BSO now and the generic bashing needs to stop and support one another - then change command - Major, 1 Capt., old Pompano Lts - and put them to work outside in an active district. Only then will they learn the BSO ways.

[/quote:3sq09fd2]

Get over yourself. I'm former Pompano PD who has since transferred out. When I'm in Pompano I rarely run into anyone I know. And I've kept in touch with many of the old Pompano people. The fact is that most(well over 50%) of the former Pompano PD people have left. They are up and down the chain of command and in a great many of the specialty units and various other factions of the agency. BSO has had Pompano for 8 years now.......and I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. I'm simply saying that to blame your problems in Pompano on the former Pompano people who remain there is short sighted. So, before you complain that THEY are not BSO enough for you, remember that it was BSO that brought POWERTRAC to Pompano...not the other way around. And we all know how much fun that was. After eight years and a great many people transferring out, if BSO hasn't taken care of whatever problems you are having in Pompano then put the blame on BSO, not Pompano PD.

get rid of wayne hitler adkins and his piece of crap useless brother in highway unit, and get rid of **** ****** biter and pompano will be ok.

[quote=Long time BSO]
    Quote Originally Posted by "HARD WORKER":8eksg04b

[/quote:8eksg04b]

Apparently you have no idea what "issues" the Pompano PD was dealing with. As an old Pompano person, I can tell you that our ability to do good police work was NOT an issue. There were pros to going BSO(favorable pension issues, take home cars, etc.), but one of the cons was the fact that we lost our freedom to do police work. Many of the old Pompano will understand that. And that is in no way a slight on old time BSO people, for we are all BSO now. It's just to say that you have no idea what you are talking about when you try to blame old Pompano PD for your problems.

[quote=Anonymous]
    Quote Originally Posted by Long time BSO
    Quote Originally Posted by "HARD WORKER":n1oafyg3

Apparently you have no idea what "issues" the Pompano PD was dealing with. As an old Pompano person, I can tell you that our ability to do good police work was NOT an issue. There were pros to going BSO(favorable pension issues, take home cars, etc.), but one of the cons was the fact that we lost our freedom to do police work. Many of the old Pompano will understand that. And that is in no way a slight on old time BSO people, for we are all BSO now. It's just to say that you have no idea what you are talking about when you try to blame old Pompano PD for your problems.[/quote:n1oafyg3]

You have missed the point. No one said Pompano people or their work is bad, only that the way it is done is by Pompano policy and procedure and maybe not BSO. Not wrong, just different and sometimes with an anti-BSO attitude. Same goes for all merger city PDs where the old city cops are still there - like some Deerfield and the others.

Granted Powertrac the way it was done by SKJ and the ABCs (Auer,Brennan,Carney)rediculing command staff and their staff's work truly stunk and turned the agency south. But 95% or more of all our staff - Pompano included - are squared away. We just need to all get on the same page, and hopefully Sheriff Lamberti will soon start that process and purge some of the dead wood, political shills and appointees, high paid do nothings, SKJ special assignment individuals, etc...

Don't be so defensive, it's best to escape the old boundaries and go main stream BSO whether road or specialized unit. And you are right many have left the nest and are doing very well.

We are all BSO and we are still #1.

Can someone please give me the readers digest version of what happened with Frank Bellante in Pompano?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Can someone please give me the readers digest version of what happened with Frank Bellante in Pompano?
    Mouth wrote a check his butt can't cash

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast