PPO's Need Better F.T.O's
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PPO's Need Better F.T.O's

I have had an opportunity lately to have a PPO ride with me. What I have seen is very disappointing. These young officers are really quick to point out a traffic infraction but cant see the suspicious subject or vehicle right in front of them. They know how and when to look for girls and are very rude in there comments and actions. They barley know how to start a report and take every chance to get out of one. The sad part of all this is there officer safety. We as the officers of the department have to look put for each other (the department wont) if we don't teach each other how to stay alive. Simple things from how to stand to how to park your vehicle for cover in case of all hell breaking loose. I am not a company man nor am i in the running for anything except retirement.
    Stay Safe
    Old Guy

Unity

Old guy you are right. However, ask any officer with less than five years on who our last chief was? Good luck trying to get an answer. We have no history here or rituals that are needed to indoctrinate a new officer. No pride in HPD. The administration has won this battle. There is no unity and Cops are becoming an extinct species from the past.

You're right. No one gives a rats Arse. I'm an Fto and all I stress is to take care of themselves and your fellow officers. I don't give a flying crap on teaching them "real" police work because that I left behind in my 2nd year here. I hate this place!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    You're right. No one gives a rats Arse. I'm an Fto and all I stress is to take care of themselves and your fellow officers. I don't give a flying crap on teaching them "real" police work because that I left behind in my 2nd year here. I hate this place!!!!!!!

There are out there many officers that should be re-train, specially fem officers. They don't have any clue of officer safety. Barbie girl,( who used to be a psa and now it's ofcr pacheco) "be careful" my friend when approaching people!

were just not motivated , you do what you gotta to go home...... very disheartning when you see take home cars everywhere around your neighberhood or a damn psa from metro in his take home driving next to your personal vehicle, or when you go to t.g.k and look inside a metro or miami squad car and they got the works in there and all you got is a damn paper worksheet and a radio sure its no big deal but were in 2007!
    or when you hear horror stories about people getting backstabbed and roped for stupidities or when they tell you " my advice get out while you can before the 3 floor messes youre file up" or " in this place you better be careful who you talk to because you never know" or when they tell you " in this department you gotta be connected" or when you see a bunch of bad officers get promoted to D.b and good officers saying " im just not gonna care anymore" you think to yourself im putting up with all this for what????? no takehome, no toughbooks old radios old tasers equipment you bought yourself, low e.d pay, and the leaders? :twisted: so all i know is that im gonna keep my mouth shut and do what i gotta do to feed my family and pay the bills, just enough.....

what's the deal good response I totally agree with you. Get home safe and f the dept

Rolando Bolanos:"I don't care what the ACLU says. I don't care what the PBA or FOP says. I am not here to please them, i am here to please the people of Hialeah, only the people of Hialeah. I'm not here to please the cops. I don't care about the morale. I don't care, they must make legal arrests, but trust me there is plenty of crime in Hialeah for them to bump into it."

i hate the day i agreed to work for hialeah B.S.O called me a week later if i had just waited......i hate getting up in the morning and going to roll call and i hate riding with a sorry fto my last two were qru but this one is a P.O.S treATS CITIZENS LIKE CRAP treats me like crap just because i dont yell at citizens i hate it everyday youll never know it by looking at me but i hate it

Quote Originally Posted by ppo
    i hate the day i agreed to work for hialeah B.S.O called me a week later if i had just waited......i hate getting up in the morning and going to roll call and i hate riding with a sorry fto my last two were qru but this one is a P.O.S treATS CITIZENS LIKE CRAP treats me like crap just because i dont yell at citizens i hate it everyday youll never know it by looking at me but i hate it
    Boys leave now stop thinking about it all depts are short handed they will hire a certified officer in a heart beat there all lowering there standards because noone nowadays wants to be a cop low pay high risk. Wackenhut pays better than most depts and provides better benefits to be a transit officerSEND A MESSAGE TO THESE RAUL MARTINEZ LEAD CORRUPT POLITICIANS LEAVE IN MASS

Quote Originally Posted by ppo
    Boys leave now stop thinking about it all depts are short handed they will hire a certified officer in a heart beat there all lowering there standards because noone nowadays wants to be a cop low pay high risk. Wackenhut pays better than most depts and provides better benefits to be a transit officerSEND A MESSAGE TO THESE RAUL MARTINEZ LEAD CORRUPT POLITICIANS LEAVE IN MASS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast