WHITE SHIRTS - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WHITE SHIRTS

UNIFORM DEBATE

ROAD AND JAIL HAVE MADE SOME GOOD POINTS ABOUT CHANGING TO DARK COLORS. ROAD DEPS- MORE INTIMIDATING, HARDER TO SEE BY BAD GUYS, DOESN'T SHOW EVERY BLEMISH OR SMUDGE. JAIL DEPS- MORE INTIMIDATING, WON'T SHOW ALL DIRT FROM SHAKEDOWNS OR TAKING INMATES DOWN FOR RESTRAINING. EITHER WAY, WE'RE BOTH EMPLOYED BY THE SAME DEPARTMENT AND SHOULD HAVE AMPLE RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER. LETS JOIN FORCES AND HELP MAKE BSO ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!

Re: UNIFORM DEBATE

Quote Originally Posted by VETERAN JAILER
    ROAD AND JAIL HAVE MADE SOME GOOD POINTS ABOUT CHANGING TO DARK COLORS. ROAD DEPS- MORE INTIMIDATING, HARDER TO SEE BY BAD GUYS, DOESN'T SHOW EVERY BLEMISH OR SMUDGE. JAIL DEPS- MORE INTIMIDATING, WON'T SHOW ALL DIRT FROM SHAKEDOWNS OR TAKING INMATES DOWN FOR RESTRAINING. EITHER WAY, WE'RE BOTH EMPLOYED BY THE SAME DEPARTMENT AND SHOULD HAVE AMPLE RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER. LETS JOIN FORCES AND HELP MAKE BSO ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!
    It will never happen. Those road guards hate us.

[quote=DOD lifer]
    Quote Originally Posted by "VETERAN JAILER":33eyad8b
    It will never happen. Those road guards hate us.[/quote:33eyad8b]

I for one dont hate you. I am a road dep who started out in the jail. There are many more jailers turned roady than anyone wants to admit. I think since we already have a detention academy, we should have our own cross class too. We should only hire for detention and then after probation, cross cert the jailers and transfer them to the road. Good lessons for road deputies could be learned from working in the jail. No outside road hires. We are all one agency "we are BSO".

20 years of jailing down the drain. Might as well join the freaking Peace Corps!!!!!!!!

[quote=DOD lifer]
    Quote Originally Posted by "VETERAN JAILER":1yxc2520
    It will never happen. Those road guards hate us.[/quote:1yxc2520]

I don't think you are hated, but as long as ignorance is spewed (as on the "If Lamberti is so smart..." thread), It will be hard to take some of you guys seriously. WE definitely need to stick together to make BSO better.

For shirts, I think that Jail should wear grey, Transport/ Perimeter (armed) green, Road green and Reserves green with silver stars.

[quote=DLE DEPUTY][quote="DOD lifer":3ipf72gn]
    Quote Originally Posted by "VETERAN JAILER":3ipf72gn
    It will never happen. Those road guards hate us.[/quote:3ipf72gn]

I don't think you are hated, but as long as ignorance is spewed (as on the "If Lamberti is so smart..." thread), It will be hard to take some of you guys seriously. WE definitely need to stick together to make BSO better.

For shirts, I think that Jail should wear grey, Transport/ Perimeter (armed) green, Road green and Reserves green with silver stars.[/quote:3ipf72gn]

Agreed

yeah and day shift should wear white charlie shift should wear grey alpha shift black (but only on mondays) Tuesdays bravo should wear blue, charlie should wear teal, and alpha should wear navy. Wednesday orange pink, and red etc...

Just do the agancy and the taxpayers a favor and pick one color for everyone and stick to it.

[quote=DLE DEPUTY][quote="DOD lifer":mutgswdy]
    Quote Originally Posted by "VETERAN JAILER":mutgswdy
    It will never happen. Those road guards hate us.[/quote:mutgswdy]

For shirts, I think that Jail should wear grey, Transport/ Perimeter (armed) green, Road green and Reserves green with silver stars.[/quote:mutgswdy]

So, your opinion is based on a posting on an internet blog, by someone that you assume was a jailer???

Question: If a jailer is sitting on a prisoner in a hospital (In-custody hospital detail), do you think that the gray shirt would be such a great idea? This way, the shitbag's cohorts could attack the jailer, knowing that he isn't a "real cop", and he can't take any action and help the shitbag escape??? Come on, spin me a solution to this situation!!!!

[quote=DLE DEPUTY][quote="DOD lifer":3y690mx3]
    Quote Originally Posted by "VETERAN JAILER":3y690mx3
    It will never happen. Those road guards hate us.[/quote:3y690mx3]

For shirts, I think that Jail should wear grey, Transport/ Perimeter (armed) green, Road green and Reserves green with silver stars.[/quote:3y690mx3]

That would be ridiculous!!! Let's put this into perspective: If you bid a transport, perimeter and I assume scanner as well, you would have to go and get new shirts issued. What about the massive amount of overtime that jailers work in these same positions?? Would they be working them in their "standard" jailer shirt (gray)??? Get real!! One color. Just because you cops hate the jailers, that is no reason to create more animosity amongst the jailers themselves.

Do your own job and leave well enough alone.

[quote=Anonymous][quote=DLE DEPUTY]
    Quote Originally Posted by "DOD lifer":1loo83gh
    Quote Originally Posted by "VETERAN JAILER":1loo83gh
    It will never happen. Those road guards hate us.

For shirts, I think that Jail should wear grey, Transport/ Perimeter (armed) green, Road green and Reserves green with silver stars.[/quote:1loo83gh]

So, your opinion is based on a posting on an internet blog, by someone that you assume was a jailer???

Question: If a jailer is sitting on a prisoner in a hospital (In-custody hospital detail), do you think that the gray shirt would be such a great idea? This way, the shitbag's cohorts could attack the jailer, knowing that he isn't a "real cop", and he can't take any action and help the shitbag escape??? Come on, spin me a solution to this situation!!!![/quote:1loo83gh]

This is why some of you guys can't (and won't) be taken seriously. hospital details are ARMED, aren't they? Or do they let Deputies with only DOD certifications work hospitals also? I guess you could say it wouldn't be practical to have to change shirts. Well, if you're cross, you can wear green. If you're only DOD, wear grey.

And yes, I can't swear that some of the posts on the other thread are from DOD, but the thread starts with clearing out the jail Deputies and using them in Pompano. I think a "jailer" is a safe bet.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast