put up or shut up - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pride & Progress

How’s things going in Bartow. Chief has been gone for about two months now. Heard you now have a new progressive Chief now. Read in the paper a couple of weeks ago, Sheriff and BPD Drug Unit made some arrests. Guess you all excited to have your Drug Unit back again. Was your Bike & Street Crimes Unit also involved? How many officers are there now assigned to these units? Glad your new chief was able to restore the units the old chief got rid of.

Are you all hiring now! Knew you all had about 54 officers. Are you back up to full strength now?

What’s the staring salary now? The PCSO starts at 35K, LPD 35K, and Haines City at 33K. I would like to work for a progressive department.

Glad it all worked for you all.

Re: Pride & Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Interested Citizen
    How’s things going in Bartow. Chief has been gone for about two months now. Heard you now have a new progressive Chief now. Read in the paper a couple of weeks ago, Sheriff and BPD Drug Unit made some arrests. Guess you all excited to have your Drug Unit back again. Was your Bike & Street Crimes Unit also involved? How many officers are there now assigned to these units? Glad your new chief was able to restore the units the old chief got rid of.

Are you all hiring now! Knew you all had about 54 officers. Are you back up to full strength now?

What’s the staring salary now? The PCSO starts at 35K, LPD 35K, and Haines City at 33K. I would like to work for a progressive department.

Glad it all worked for you all.
    Thanks for you nice comments. The bike unit and street crimes were involved in that little investigation. As far as salaries go, we should be moving up to about 38k starting. Please contact Sgt. Goff if interested in applying for a position, he is the recruiting officer. Thanks again.

TO MY FELLOW COWORKERS,

IF HISTORY TEACHES US ANYTHING, IT IS IF WE DONT LEARN FROM OUR
    MISTAKES, WE WILL REPEAT THEM IN THE FUTURE. ASK YOURSELF THIS, IS THIS THE IMAGE WE WANT TO CONVEY TO THE PUBLIC. FOLKS I HAVE BEEN AT THIS AGENCY FOR NEARLY HALF OF MY ADULT LIFE AND FEEL THE CURRENT OFFICERS HERE ARE SOME OF THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. WE CAN MATCH UP AGAINST ANY AGENCY. WE HAVE JUST LOST OUR WAY AND ITS UP TO US TO SET THE COUSRE TO GET BACK ON TRACK. THIS CAN ONLY HAPPEN IF THE MEMBERS OF THIS AGENCY SET ASIDE PERSONAL AGENDAS AND FEELINGS AND FOCUS ON WHAT IT IS WE WANT AND TAKE STEPS TOWARDS THAT DIRECTION. WE AS AN AGENCY ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!! WE MUST COME TOGETHER AS A DEPARTMENT, STOP THE PERSONAL ATTACKS, LISTEN TO ALL MEMBERS REGARDLESS OF LONGEVITY, DECIDE WHAT IT IS WE WANT AND TAKE ACTIONS TOWARDS THIS GOAL. IF WE DONT DO THESE THINGS AND DO THEM NOW, THE MATTER WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF OUR HANDS AND THIS AGENCY WILL BE NO LONGER! HOWEVER IF WE AS A DEPARTMENT ELECT TO CONTINUE ON THE CURRENT PATH, THEN WE HAVE LITTLE HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFICER JOE ELLIS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123