N.E. Major - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Major

You all need to grow up - if it isnt complaining about who got what task force or who set who up or who works for a crummier major - they are in charge - like it or not - god knows I do not agree with what most of them do on a daily basis but until they are gone, deal with it or leave. A lot of people on here claim to know about other agents and who is better than who - who got what task force for what reason and who didnt for other reasons - if you all focused half as hard on your work, our cases would speak for themselves. You don't like your captain, speak up, transfer or quit and go somewhere else. If in all these meetings you didnt say anything, shame on you. If Major R is so good, he will back you according to the people on here - after the last couple of weeks at ABT, there are plenty of people heading to new agencies soon - there will be other openings but remember, not every office is better. All the captains have their quirks, deal with her and move on - it could be worse.

I think we need to come together and focus on how to get the PBA more involved to help us get better pay - overtime - you know they are reading these posts, some Captains have even made comments about this site. Lets get this stuff on the board and get some changes happening like getting long guns, tasers, better fleet, more training, more long term investigations, more task forces - more stuff that would benefit us. I hope Drago is reading this site and would comment - he is supposed to be fixing things - lets give him some ideas to do just that.

Remember, things always ahve a way of coming back to bite you in the butt later on - let these dummies say what they say - they will get theirs from the admin eventually. Stay the course everyone...

Who cares, you are right. Let the upper admin complain - lets rise up against these people and give ourselves the fire to back up our complaints. I see very few people in my office standing up to anyone - you all talk a good game on here where it is anonymous - speak up in the office - you will sleep better at night. Whats the worst that happens, they take away your FLSA time? You have to work nights and weekends and drive a crappy car? We all do that now.

Lets come together and solve thse problems, not ***** about them. I know the responses will be stupid on here because people cant be serious, but give recommendations and solutions to probelms - email BA and tell her what you want to see happen. Get involved in the union and show some support - that will put pressure on the admin and things will change. Dont use them ony when needed, use them to help out. You want a real PD, lets get one. Let the Majors and Captains spin their wheels, you do your job they can't get you - stick together - as whocares said, stay the course!

We need to think outside the box.We have full police powers, lets use them. If you are doing your job lawfully there is nothing they (admin) can do to you.
    Pick something you like to do and excel at it, running kids, cigarettes, terrorism in mom and pop stores. Pick something you like and research it, do your homework, get help from other agents or other agencies. Then you become the expert and you will have the knowledge when the time comes and a task force is created around what you are doing.
    We need to come together and stop the complaining, we want to be treated like a "real" agency then we need to act like it. I heard my captain talking about this site and the things that are said. If you want to complain then have a solution to your complaint, but please do not make it seem like it is coming from another office or district, that will only cause problems for your fellow agents.
    Lets stop belittling each other, we all bring different experiences to this agency, lets use that to make us better. Like Major R said, we have more jurisdiction then any other agency in the state, we can do more and get more accomplished with the powers we have been given. Why do you think all of the Feds want AB&T on their task force? Because we can do things they can't. There are a fortunate few who get to be on task force, good or bad they are there, lets give them the support they need.
    It could be worse, we could be working for D.O.C., now that would suck. (Been there done that)

Iagree

At least we are getting more civilized, and we need to focus on our jobs instead of each other. I understand some of the frustrations, its true some of the Captains and Lt., are horrible, some want nothing to do with criminal investigations, and some just think of different ways to cause problems between agents. A lot of what was said above is true, but put it aside. No one realizes what we have infront of us. We have a Deputy Secretary who is Law Enforcement, and a real cop who worked his way through the ranks. We have a Major in the NE, and a Major in the South who are extremely law enforcement oriented and will stand behind their guys. The DS just hired another Major for the North, also from Broward who used to command the Organized Crime Task Force in Broward, a good cop who has the same work ethic as the mentioned Majors and the DS. With people like this being put in place, understand what is in the future for ABT, good things on the horizon for those who want to be quality detectives. And those of you who have been requesting to assist on Task Forces over and over again and being turned down by your Captains and/or lT.s, you need to let the majors know about it, even if the chain is broken, we all know there are ways around the chain...

Re: N.E. Major

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering in Jax
    First the positives about this man:

<<Crickets Chirping>>

Ok, now the negatives:
    Apparently he thinks that LA needs one to one supervision. Also, he has reduced her authority to that of a secretary and treats her as such. I don't know why she let's him speak to her like that. Why do we need a major in the office over one captain. All it does is make the captain second guess her decisions and check with the major on how to run the office.

That's just my opinion, I might be wrong...

Some of us that have been around for years, know why there is a major in charge...truth be told, we all now that LA was overwhelmed years ago, sucking up to Tania to cover up her inability to conduct any type of REAL L/E activity. LA placed the office in a state of full retirement over the past several years, getting rid of anyone who tried to make a difference (Lori)... The office in Jax has been a retirement home, and "Bedwetter" is walking around in adult size diapers...So, yes your opinion does suck...and the truth does hurt...ask any ole timer.

LA

What is up with LA. What a joke... I met her recently at a conference. Is she for real in that uniform and mrked car. Where on this earth did she get her police experience anyway. She appeared lost,confused, and stupid. I hear she milked an injury recently. What was it again, a papercut...... All those admin cases piling up? When was the last time she went hands on with anyone, except herself? Has she ever uttered the words,"You are under arrest". I highly think not. Lets give her joke of the year. She derservesit.

Re: LA

Quote Originally Posted by oh my gosh
    What is up with LA. What a joke... I met her recently at a conference. Is she for real in that uniform and mrked car. Where on this earth did she get her police experience anyway. She appeared lost,confused, and stupid. I hear she milked an injury recently. What was it again, a papercut...... All those admin cases piling up? When was the last time she went hands on with anyone, except herself? Has she ever uttered the words,"You are under arrest". I highly think not. Lets give her joke of the year. She derservesit.
    Oh my Gosh, eat shit and die ! Does it make you feel like a man to belittle a woman like that? What a tuff guy. You are the joke little boy. I think I hear your mommy calling you, it must be time for dinner. Stupid Ass, I swear some people just don't know when to shut up. What a putz. She isn't even my Captain, but I am tired of all the *****ing. Grow the hell up, find another job, do something, just leave AB&T, we will be better for it.

yea there is a lot of *****in and it seems disruptive, but lets face it, to correct this agency we have to call it out, we have some real dimwits masquerading as captains in two of the biggest offices we have. can you in your wildest dreams ever imagine Owseany or Ledbetter being a capt. at any other agency. Get real. there are the ones holding us back, they are on front street there the ones going to the important meetings. what do you think people are saying if thats the best the agency has. What a joke with a capital J we have to put our best people forward, lets examine our promotion process. I would honestly suggest the majors should demote these two masters of conflict and non production back to Lt. and put someone in there that we can respect and we are proud to call capt. this willy nilly attitude about lets promote on gender is a crock. look around people this is a great dept. except management seems to take the easy way out on promotions. we can still fix it, support for the right reason, not on friendships, lets end the embarrasement lets get true leaders we can all do what the south area is doing, I really enjoyed hearing major pr talking to us in tally, if what he says he is really doing then he should be the next chief i would like to work for him, he has been around for ever and he still has the fire it takes to get the job done.
    lets stay united, lets recognize the embarrasements as i have mentioned above and weed them out and turn the corner.

PR should not be our next Chief, he should be our next Director!!
    This guy has been around since Christ was a Corporal and knows the ins and outs of this organization.
    My Vote is PR as Director!!!

your mouth

Hey waytogo...... do you kiss your wife or mother with that mouth. No, that's right, you kiss the Jax Captain's butt with your mouth... What else ya kissing?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast