Captain Williams - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

YOU CAN REPEAT ALL YOU WANT TO GRADYFICATION. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE.

BESIDES, SHERIF JUDD HAS MADE THE STATEMENT THAT IF THE MAJORITY OF THE BARTOW POLICE OFFICERS DON'T WANT THE PCSO TO MERGE WITH BARTOW PD THEN HE WON'T ENTERTATIN THE IDEA.

THE MAJORITY OF THE BARTOW OFFICERS DON'T WANT TO MERGE SO GUESS WHAT? AND THATS NOT EVEN COUTING THE CIVILIANS.

I FIRMLY BELIVE THAT SHERIFF JUDD IS A MAN OF HIS WORD.

I believe Grady is a man of his word, but eventually it will come down to the City Commissioners and the City. The City raised the cost of Storm water this and Storm water that, raised the cost of Electricity...
    Even with the Citizens complaining and not wanting this..... The City of Bartow still raised these fees to get more money....

If Grady can save the City of Bartow Money.....Then they will entertain this idea eventually. It wont be the Sheriff coming to them.. It will be the City of Bartow going to him.

Re: Captain Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BpdEmployee
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Williams has done nothing for this department but tear it down. In our first meeting he made the comment that he was here to bring the department back where it needed to be or he could be here to blow smoke up our a$$e$...well it appears that is all he has done is blow smoke.
    You are correct that Captain Williams has not made a lot of changes since he's been here, but what he has offered has made a difference to a lot of us. Captain Williams is only with us temporarily. It would make no sense to any of us for him to restructure everything, then make more changes when the new chief comes.

Captain Williams has opened his door and listened to the problems we have taken to him. He has made minor changes as appropriate, for example, communications is not supposed to ask for a cross street to better expedite our response times. The forms have been condensed so we don't have quite as much paper, and we are no longer required to write 22D reports on every 22D we respond to. These are small steps, but they have had a positive impact on the officers. The fact that he listens to our concerns has probably had the greatest impact on most of the officers.

Yes, Captain Williams did try to recruit us to go to the Sheriff's Office. I don't fault him at all for giving us an option. It happens that we have collectively decided not to go that route, and the majority of us wish to keep our department. I have not heard him push the Sheriff's Office at all since.

I think that Captain Williams has done much more than "blow smoke", and as far as him "tearing down our department", we have managed to do that on our own. We have all, myself included, argued with one another about what is in the best interest of this department, and we've watched some very self-serving people try to sway our opinions. We have had meetings exclusive of certain members of the department, and have not worked together as a collective unit. We are destroying ourselves. He doesn't have to tear us down.

We haven't given Cpt. Williams much of a chance to make changes, and I'm certain this has not been an easy task for him. I give him credit for his professionalism, and his genuine concern for each of us. He has made the effort to be a part of our agency by coming to the DUI checkpoint. When is the last time our former administration came out? He recently went to the academy graduation, not as a guest speaker, but in support of one of our own graduating. None of our other administrators bothered to show up. Captain Williams doesn't work 9-5 like our previous admin. He's been there a lot for us.

The point is, I think it's time we start working together again, and that means offering our support to the Captain. He hasn't made any earth shattering changes, but I know my morale has improved, and I've seen positive changes in the attitudes of my fellow officers throughout the department.
    I agree and I would like to thank Capt. Williams for coming to work with us.

YOU CAN MAKE ALL THE EXCUSES AND HEM AND HAW THAT YOU WANT TO.

EITHER GRADY JUDD IS A MAN OF HIS WORKD OR HE ISN'T.

I BELIEVE THAT HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORD.

WORD

GUEST,

you will be begging for the Sheriff to be your boss by March.

Not only is he a man of his word........ HE IS THE WORD!!

WHEN WAS A VOTE TAKEN? I HAVENT HEARD OF A VOTE BEING TAKEN.

w/e

Thats your opinion jackass. As stated before, the city needs tom get hold its finances. We already know the number, 500,000 which isnt enough in a 5+ million dollar budget to justify destroying a police department. Again, your opinion on how it would turn out, why dont you keep it to yourself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234