drama
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: drama

drama

Just curious how everyone is dealing with the drama down there. Good luck, stay strong, but most of all,,,stay BLUE!

Regarding the stay blue comment, I have to say I agree. I worked for a city police prior to my time with the s.o. Don't get me wrong I enjoy working at the s.o., but you really need to keep in mind, the saying that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I miss the family atmosphere of the city police, granted it wasn't with bartow, but I understand the idea. At the s.o., trust me, you are simply a number. To each is own. Good Luck!!

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Welcome to the site Bartow.

To all the Bartow PD memebers , as a 33yr retireeof the SOI hope the King Gradys boy, Larry is treating everybody ok. Just hang in there gang !!

Dear Retiree, Williams has not changed or help one damn bit! All Williams wants is for the employees to vote to have the SO come over here and take over. Thank you for your concerns

JUST WONDERING HOW THINGS ARE GOING AT BPD. I LEFT SEVERAL YEARS AGO FOR AN AGENCY IN ORANGE COUNTY & JUST TRYING TO KEEP TABS ON MY FORMER AGENCY.

Trolls are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsoguest
    Regarding the stay blue comment, I have to say I agree. I worked for a city police prior to my time with the s.o. Don't get me wrong I enjoy working at the s.o., but you really need to keep in mind, the saying that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I miss the family atmosphere of the city police, granted it wasn't with bartow, but I understand the idea. At the s.o., trust me, you are simply a number. To each is own. Good Luck!!
    I came over in merger with Palm Beach SO from a city PD with around 80 officers. I can say the grass is greener here. We are more a family at the Sheriff's office than the city was. Things have changed for the better, and the SO is really a better place to be in Law Enforcement. We are not just a number, and I know all my district co-workers very well. The SO provides better service, benefits, mobility, pay, schedule, take home car, and so much more than we ever had. I don't know how Pinellas is, but working for PBSO is like my home away from home. Mergers are great and citizens here get the service they deserve. Good luck.

Funny

I came over in merger with Palm Beach SO from a city PD with around 80 officers. I can say the grass is greener here. We are more a family at the Sheriff's office than the city was. Things have changed for the better, and the SO is really a better place to be in Law Enforcement. We are not just a number, and I know all my district co-workers very well. The SO provides better service, benefits, mobility, pay, schedule, take home car, and so much more than we ever had. I don't know how Pinellas is, but working for PBSO is like my home away from home. Mergers are great and citizens here get the service they deserve. Good luck.[/quote]

It may be greener at the Palm Beach Sheriffs office, because they do have more to offer the local police department officers, and the Palm Beach Sheriffs office is under PBA where as PCSO is not union. And as far as family, I can believe that because Ric Bradshaw is the Sheriff, and underneath him as Director of Legal Affairs is Joseph Bradshaw. Thanks for your input, but we would like to keep our smaller agency. We can better serve the citizens of Bartow as a smaller agency than would could going to PCSO and being stretched all over the county. We think of Our Citizens first because they are FAMILY!!

Re: Funny

Quote Originally Posted by PALM BEACH
    I came over in merger with Palm Beach SO from a city PD with around 80 officers. I can say the grass is greener here. We are more a family at the Sheriff's office than the city was. Things have changed for the better, and the SO is really a better place to be in Law Enforcement. We are not just a number, and I know all my district co-workers very well. The SO provides better service, benefits, mobility, pay, schedule, take home car, and so much more than we ever had. I don't know how Pinellas is, but working for PBSO is like my home away from home. Mergers are great and citizens here get the service they deserve. Good luck.

It may be greener at the Palm Beach Sheriffs office, because they do have more to offer the local police department officers, and the Palm Beach Sheriffs office is under PBA where as PCSO is not union. And as far as family, I can believe that because Ric Bradshaw is the Sheriff, and underneath him as Director of Legal Affairs is Joseph Bradshaw. Thanks for your input, but we would like to keep our smaller agency. We can better serve the citizens of Bartow as a smaller agency than would could going to PCSO and being stretched all over the county. We think of Our Citizens first because they are FAMILY!![/quote]

I really don't want to sound rude, but if the city contracts with PCSO a small agency cannot compare for the level of service. I shouldn't say that, I don't know how PCSO operates. As far as I know, our contract we received 3 additional Deputies per shift plus the assistance of unincorporated Deputies if we needed it. We do not leave the city limits unless there are exigent circumstances. As far as I know, PCSO operates the same way. So the residents would receive the same service from the same officers in a different uniform. I know you are true 2 blue, and so was I, but I realized a bigger metro agency is far superior to a small agency. Crime doesn't discriminate and today we need all the resources we can get, and frankly small agencies can't afford the same resources the SO can. It all comes down to leadership. Our Sheriff was a Chief of Police for many years so he understands what city needs. I did not know PCSO was not unionized, so I guess many fear the good ole boy network. I hope is all works out. After my experience, I'm all for contract metro agencies. Seeing is believing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast