Warning all readers on this forum....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warning all readers on this forum....

I found this crazy little forum today while searching for something totally irrelevant. From what I have read of your posts it is pretty obvious that you are newer employees. I have been here for quite a while (somewhere in the 200#'s) and have seen many faces come and go. I am going to go against the grain here and say that the CCSO is a great place to work and if you are so unhappy the simple solution is to leave.

First I will say that tinted windows is certainly not a reason to get all worked up over. Sure I would like my patrol car to have tint, but when the issue was brought up the answer was no. Welp gues what? The boss says no so that means......no.

Second I will say that I HATE 28 day rotation. The Sheriff doesn't want perm shifts for whatever reason and put a vote out for 2/3 month rotations. The vote, whether tainted or not was to stay with 28 day so guess what? The boss says 28 day rotation so that means.....28 day rotation.

Third I will say that these Deps from South Florida that came up here were no shining stars. I know first hand why the last three (of the five from Opalaca or wherever) were fired. Ask the RIGHT person, and you will get your answers. I am blue line all the way but these guys needed to go, end of story. I also know the guy who posted on this forum the letter to the Sheriff to be put in his personnel file...he is an idiot but out of respect I will not post his name.

Fourth, the cars and their markings are not a big deal. If you know the Sheriff then you know how he loves uniformity. I am sure it is driving him nuts but the bottom line is when we went from the original style to the mid style that looked like the HCSO cars, it quickly became obvious that nobody liked it. The new image was designed by input from guess who? THE DEPUTIES! So now we have our new signage but you can't just get rid of the 2006's with the unwanted graphics. That would be cost ineffective, so they will be replaced when they are deadlined. Again, no big deal.

We are not all good 'ole boy anymore. I can cite many situations where out of towners got promoted because of their experience, some of them over me and I don't have a problem with it because they were more qualified. By the way, Good Ole Boy is a general term but it is the same anywhere you go north or south, big city or small town. People use their contacts and web of networking to gain an advantage over others. It's human nature and does not begin or stop with the CCSO. Grow up and make your own mark, maybe you will get what you want out of this place.

To make a very long story short, if you have a problem then go to your supervisor. They work for you just as much as you work for them. If it is a minor thing like tint, don't turn it into a Supreme Court case...nothing is perfect and the grass is never truly greener on the other side. This really is a great place to work and if you keep your nose to the grind and work hard your law enforcement career will be rewarding no matter what agency you are with. Anonymous postings on a LEO forum will not make a difference, I can guarantee that.

I know everyone in this agency and 95% of them are great poeple, LEO's and dedicated employees. You are truly a minority if you are unhappy...

DD

Dep Dawg

Where should I begin in regards to your reply? First and foremost the remark about the homework assignment and "idot deputy" it was given too, " Did you work closely with this individual or get to know him that you made that remark or are u going of off what others told you? I'm curious to know why you would resort to name calling "he's an idiot"and the knowledge or lack thereof you had in that situation. In regards to NO is "No", working with CCSO for as long as you have definitely has clouded your understanding of working in law enforcement.

I can see that based on my credentials on the job working with several agencies. As far as the anonymity goes, why say what you have and remain anonymous? Come out with a name or id# or assignment for you such as patrol, SRO,judicial, Patrol Commander, etc, so we can correlate your remarks about such a great working environment that you say CCSO is. For all we know you are a part of executive staff trying to sway the troops understanding which is stereotypical for one in that position to side with Aplha9....

Anonymity, lets talk about that here for just one minute....

I don't see issues being resolved @ CCSO that are on the troops minds like the window tint, collective bargaining, better work schedules and so on. This website like many others gives troops a place to discuss matters in the workplace and issues brought to the table without fear of retribution. Executive staff is very one sided such as Cpt. R and Col. B who persuade Alpha 9 in their favor. Oh wait that would be Good "Ol Boy mentality which doesn't occur in CCSO as you stated (lies,lies, lies). Another false remark you made is that it exists elsewhere, yes it may have 10 or 20 years ago...... Not as much anymore there DD unless you work in Mayberry or Podunk backwoods areas like CCSO, MCSO, Yankeetown, SCSO, etc...

You say bring your concerns to your Sgt. to be resolved instead of making a Supreme Court case or something like that... Well my Sgt is a moron. He couldn't identify "decision making" if it bit him in the ass.

You may know 95% of the staff but I promise you they are NOT as happy or content as you think. I believe your glass is only half full and mine is half empty. Thats why this forum is here to speak your mind.

I welcome your chit chat so please respond with your true identity so we can put things into perspective with regards to your posting..

Well now...I guess it doesn't matter since you are no longer an employee. I wonder how many other ex employees are posting here besides a married couple from South Florida. It is unfortunate that it did not work out for you here however...with your unwillingness to adapt to your environment and assimilate it was only a matter of time before the inevitable. There are several Deputies from down there who have come up and are doing great. Some people just don't understand that their ideas, even if they are good, aren't always accepted and they cannot get over themselves long enough to see the big picture. The idiot term was used because there is nothing else to describe when an employee barely off of probation makes that many waves. It wasn't all the supervisors either, and when road Deputies shy away from one of their own then there is usually a problem.

I have nothing to do with Admin and I push a green and white on a 12 hour shift. If you can't figure that out, I'm in Patrol. But you are right, my glass is half full and hopefully yours is too someday. My judgement is not clouded and I have alot of friends from different agencies whom I talk to all the time. It doesn't matter whether they are union or not, have tinted cars or not, etc. There are always people who are not happy with something and every agency has their own little issues. Of course you would know that with your credentials and working for several agencies. I don't know about anyone else, but I value the person who has been with one place over a long period of time and stuck it out through the good and the bad over the one who has bounced around from here to there building their "credentials".

This is my second and final post here, but I will leave with this. I truly hope you two find your full glass. It will bring you much more happiness than flaming your former agencies on a message board. Good Luck...

DD

Re: 501

Quote Originally Posted by DepDawg
    Well now...I guess it doesn't matter since you are no longer an employee. I wonder how many other ex employees are posting here besides a married couple from South Florida. It is unfortunate that it did not work out for you here however...with your unwillingness to adapt to your environment and assimilate it was only a matter of time before the inevitable. There are several Deputies from down there who have come up and are doing great. Some people just don't understand that their ideas, even if they are good, aren't always accepted and they cannot get over themselves long enough to see the big picture. The idiot term was used because there is nothing else to describe when an employee barely off of probation makes that many waves. It wasn't all the supervisors either, and when road Deputies shy away from one of their own then there is usually a problem.

I have nothing to do with Admin and I push a green and white on a 12 hour shift. If you can't figure that out, I'm in Patrol. But you are right, my glass is half full and hopefully yours is too someday. My judgement is not clouded and I have alot of friends from different agencies whom I talk to all the time. It doesn't matter whether they are union or not, have tinted cars or not, etc. There are always people who are not happy with something and every agency has their own little issues. Of course you would know that with your credentials and working for several agencies. I don't know about anyone else, but I value the person who has been with one place over a long period of time and stuck it out through the good and the bad over the one who has bounced around from here to there building their "credentials".

This is my second and final post here, but I will leave with this. I truly hope you two find your full glass. It will bring you much more happiness than flaming your former agencies on a message board. Good Luck...

DD
    Keep up the good work of being a puppet and hiding under your indiscrimante anonymonity. I figured you out like the rest of CCSO in one sitting scared of change and for you it was revealing yourself.

Funny Citrus is famous for the terminology "Git 'er Dun" Well I ain't scared of change or what CCSO has attempted to do which was tarnish an exemplary background and an untapped amount of talent which CCSO obviously isn't ready for. Funny one phone call and i was back on the job with full pay within 2 weeks of Jeff's corrupted administrative decision. Our Union contract is amazing too bad you'll never appreciate anything like 27.5 % pay raises guaranteed by the Sheriff in writing, I made out better coming back to open arms with my family like atmosphere then working with hillbillies that were intimidated me.

Your right the water is rising in my glass full of money from our amazing Sheriff and contract.

BSAFE regardless because a brother is a brother but too bad you wont step up to the plate, probably why CCSO is the way its is......

0501, why did you leave? Because you couldn't get along, didn't know your zones and ducked calls. That was common knowledge while you were here. No, this isn't a perfect organization but neither is the one you ran back to after not being able to cut it up here. I know, you had so many kudos from down south that said you were the best of the best but this ain't "down south". Our Patrol Captain is an A$$(@&# and so is the East District Commander but for the most part everyone else is good to work for. Some of us actually like our jobs and want to do well, not use the time to whine. And old cars?, I don't think so. There are only a handful of cars older than an 02 still out there and most of the new guys have a car thats only 1 or 2 years old.
    No, we don't make the BIG money you do but we don't pay the same prices for houses, etc here either.
    Get over it, you couldn't cut it in an organization that you weren't anonymous so you ran back to the only place that would take you. Get a life.

Re: 0501

Quote Originally Posted by not yer good ol boy
    0501, why did you leave? Because you couldn't get along, didn't know your zones and ducked calls. That was common knowledge while you were here. No, this isn't a perfect organization but neither is the one you ran back to after not being able to cut it up here. I know, you had so many kudos from down south that said you were the best of the best but this ain't "down south". Our Patrol Captain is an A$$(@&# and so is the East District Commander but for the most part everyone else is good to work for. Some of us actually like our jobs and want to do well, not use the time to whine. And old cars?, I don't think so. There are only a handful of cars older than an 02 still out there and most of the new guys have a car thats only 1 or 2 years old.
    No, we don't make the BIG money you do but we don't pay the same prices for houses, etc here either.
    Get over it, you couldn't cut it in an organization that you weren't anonymous so you ran back to the only place that would take you. Get a life.
    Identify yourself for the forum so I can relate to your response then. How can you make such a vague and ambigiuous response to NOT getting along. Who did I NOT get along with? I would appreciate names since you have formulated a reason to my situation with CCSO yet I don't recall ever having you over for dinner or sharing a cold one. I still correspond with a Sgt. from CCSO regularly. If you won't step up to the plate with a name then go with the ID# so we can keep this between us otherwise it makes no sense for you to take shots here at me or even waste your time. I'm curious where you've been all this time wanting to speak about me now here and NOT to me when you had the chance??????

Hello Jerry..........

South Fla deputies

• First of all i would like to say ,if these people were hired from Opa=loka P.D. they were not D/S'sthey came from a little corupt P.D. north of Miami and somebody should have done a through back ground check be fore hireing . you must remember not all apples are good , but for the most part South Fla law enforcement officers are the best and in most cases have been through alot in their career.Its a shame that you have so much trouble in your little sheriff's office, Maybe you need the citizens to vote in a new sheriff if he cant make his employees happy so they dont talk like the aforesaid. ROF.

Quote Originally Posted by Opposed
    Hello Jerry..........
    Duckin calls and didn't know my zones??? I'm flabergasted to hear it cause If you were a Westsider you would know that's Bull---t.... The putz of a supervisor I worked for used to pull me aside to tell me NOT to handle crash reports cause the agency was short staffed. My first month off FTO produced 7 arrests and a served a search warrant that I wrote and had signed by Judge Garolla one of the toughest on the bench in Citrus. Where is your proof that claim I ducked calls...cause anyone that worked West knew Zone 1 was the slowest zone, yet I was turnin stats daily. So lets put that into perspective now for your reading enjoyment; I handled only two s/21's and one s/10 in 8 months plus a bunch of domestics and other misc garbage. I have handled that and more in one day everyday I work here back home. I have written better than a half dozen search warrants so far which most LEO's including yourself can't say they ever had the opportunity write one in a career.

"I ran back home" boy oh boy there's a term for you....Yep'er that's what I did If that helps you sleep at night. Think about that for minute boy wonder...Mac was demoted to D/S, Martone to Civilian NOT to mention the other countless schnanigans of promotion demotion to include Perez and his DUI caper. What did you want from me? Work in Crystal River, Yankeetown, Marion oh wait I guess Sumter right??? sure they would've picked me up in a NY minute knowing Jeff didn't afford me the opportunity to resign right....Your a freakin genious just like the others I worked for there....LOL

Your damn right I came back....Do math knucklehead twice as much as you make since you've been there plus the additional 33 bucks an hour for OT details, it only took a phone call with no processing, I was pushing a zone within 3 weeks of that call with a take home car that was only 2 years old and NOT 7 like in Citrus......One more thing there "Cooter" our schedule is awesome...4/4 off 11.5 hour days or 3/2/2/3 11.5 hrs which is your choice permanent days or nights and NOT that chickens--t of flip/flopping every 28 days.

I practiced zone integrity which my zone partner said was a term he never heard of till I worked with him. My work ethic was respect, professionalism, fairness and itegrity for what I have chosen to do for the past 10 years. This forum is a great place to discuss and vocalize opinions so I welcome the chance you have taken to speak your mind without fear of retrobution as well as your responses.

Nice knowing ain't nothing anyone can do for what you say here.....

Bring it on.........

Re: #501

Quote Originally Posted by just a deputy
    You are an idiot and you have proven that here on this forum many, many times. Hope you have a great career as far away from Citrus as possible, for your kind is unwelcome. Buh Bye
    Only here @ LEO affairs can we bring you another well articultated response from a another CCSO member. By the way Thank you for the encouragement because I regret every freakin day I was away from employment here. As I mentioned earlier life has improved professionally 110% with an amazing collective bargaining agreement in place by the PBCO PBA. If your ever interested in becoming a real Deputy someday you can review our contract and realize what benefits exist for agencies who are represented. Opposed to the "I'm a puppet" administration that exists. One day the envitable will happen and when it does something that will cross your mind is "who's got my back???" I know you cannot infadically say "CCSO" or Jeff does?? Because unless you are some Admin "DO BOY" he has proven he will throw you under the rug.

You were quick to pull that trigger here and voice that .01 cent comment...

Watch your 6 out there regardless dealing with these skells we see everyday because I don't want to see your image tarnished or your efforts in this chosen career detered which is a certainty as long as CCSO is not represented. Jeff will take the word of a skell citizen and write you up for non-sense over your word.

I can honestly tell you from experience they will whole hardidly hurt you on paper if given the opportunity. Funny thing is they tried that with me and with no ammo provided. Due process is verbage JEFF & CCSO never wants you to have and is afforded to you through your "Bill of Rights" they violated mine don't let it happen to you!

Thats the message here....GODBLESS and BSAFE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast