New Budget Proposal - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It sounds like some people don't need basic beverage, It seems to me they have all of the answers, and don't need any training. As far as kreitlow goes, we need more like him, at least he carries a positive attitude which there is not enough of. At least he's sitting in the class learning. As for the rumers that he is teaching, that is not true! If people were a little more patient, the changes will come. But if you havn't been in this business for any amount of time you wouldn't know this. If you have problems find solutions, don't just complain, it makes everybody look bad and thats what we don't need. [/u]

Re: New Budget Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    OK, so I have a new budget proposal. After being in basic beverage class today and truly see first hand how wastful the training section is. I have been with DABT for some time and cant believe the waste. The incompentency displayed by Lt. Kreitlow is like nothing I have seen before. Where the heXX did we get this joke from.

Lets not even go with the inservice training class I was in last year and the safety breaches we had on the range. I am in more fear going back to the range this year then I have working in bars.
    Are you high? Seriously, what class are you in? Because it isn’t the class I am in. What has Kreitlow tried to teach? He hasn’t that’s what. We wonder why other agencies think we are a joke; we can’t even get along with ourselves. We have bigger fish to fry, lets try fixing he problems from the top first.

Which one of you would have passed up the opportunity Kreitlow got? I would venture to say none of you. Don’t blame him for the way he got hired; blame the way it was done. We would all take advantage of the situation if we were given the opportunity to. He doesn’t try to tell us how to be agents; we should try and tell him how to do his job. He is trying to get us equipment, better classes, and streamline the training we are getting. Do you really want it to go back to the way it was? If you saw safety infractions did you say anything? I didn’t think so, it is easy to talk crap on a message board, but when it comes to doing it in person you would be the first to ***** up.

If you think the training is a joke as well as Kreitlow, then man up and say something to him. But, alas it won’t happen, this agency is full of chicken hawks just like you. Go somewhere else and be a cop if this isn’t the place for you, I doubt you will be missed. Don’t let the door hit you, where the good lord split you.

I have to agree with the last two posts. If you do not like this agency then move on down the road… D.O.C. is hiring. We need to give it a chance, there is a storm on the horizon, things are going to change, we just need relax, sit back, and watch it happen.

Yep, more changes are sure to come. We got Drago right where we want him and we dont need to change that. He comes in and listens and takes action on what we say and how we say we want things ran. Yes, finally!!!!

Re: New Budget Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go !
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    OK, so I have a new budget proposal. After being in basic beverage class today and truly see first hand how wastful the training section is. I have been with DABT for some time and cant believe the waste. The incompentency displayed by Lt. Kreitlow is like nothing I have seen before. Where the heXX did we get this joke from.

Lets not even go with the inservice training class I was in last year and the safety breaches we had on the range. I am in more fear going back to the range this year then I have working in bars.
    Are you high? Seriously, what class are you in? Because it isn’t the class I am in. What has Kreitlow tried to teach? He hasn’t that’s what. We wonder why other agencies think we are a joke; we can’t even get along with ourselves. We have bigger fish to fry, lets try fixing he problems from the top first.

Which one of you would have passed up the opportunity Kreitlow got? I would venture to say none of you. Don’t blame him for the way he got hired; blame the way it was done. We would all take advantage of the situation if we were given the opportunity to. He doesn’t try to tell us how to be agents; we should try and tell him how to do his job. He is trying to get us equipment, better classes, and streamline the training we are getting. Do you really want it to go back to the way it was? If you saw safety infractions did you say anything? I didn’t think so, it is easy to talk crap on a message board, but when it comes to doing it in person you would be the first to ***** up.

If you think the training is a joke as well as Kreitlow, then man up and say something to him. But, alas it won’t happen, this agency is full of chicken hawks just like you. Go somewhere else and be a cop if this isn’t the place for you, I doubt you will be missed. Don’t let the door hit you, where the good lord split you.

OK, ok Kreitlow time to get off the message board today. You need to get ready to sit in class tommorow.

Gather round children, UB has yet another story for you. When we didn't have centralized training people *****ed. When we went to centralized training people *****ed. See a pattern? We are back to centralized training and it is up to you to offer constructive input on how to make it better. When those evals come around the room, take a few minutes and put pen to paper. You can make your point without being insulting to those folks who really try to make this a better place. It doesn't matter how a person got to ABT. All that matters is they are now one of us and deserve the respect due to all of us. Here is a startling revelation - other people read these posts. Other LE read these posts. I realize some comments are designed to further discussion, bait a response or offer a witty retort, but all can be done without minimizing the good faith efforts of others. I have a thought - instead of crying and whining on this board, how about stepping up and volunteering to be an instructor? I am sure training would appreciate the help and give you a chance without judging you. Oh I almost forgot the story I promised you. Crap, I did forget the story - time to get back to work. UB is on the clock and my 24 year old M.I.T. grad boss is concerned that UB hasn't properly submitted his TPS reports - tonight is a big night for Buck. The guy who operates that floor cleaner that looks like a Zamboni is out sick. Buck is next up in the rotation. Sweeeet.

UB - I agree - Kreitlow is a good guy - he will become an insructor one day and then can teach us all he knows about ABT...as for the Homeland Security Unit - does that mean that the people from down south get to run it? The agents assigned to those task forces have a combined two years at ABT between the three of them - maybe the unit should happen - maybe we can get into some more task forces like the DEA and Customs task forces on drugs and smuggling where the money is at - maybe, maybe, maybe - as long as you kiss butt here, you can do what you want. I would love for that unit they were talking about to come to my area - but when the agency wants to cut positions, how can they justify it? I hope that those people who know it all have a solution...

So why do you have to be here more than two years to be assigned to a task force?? Just because you have been here a long time doesn't make you the best pick for a special assignment. Some of the old timers I have worked with spend 60 hours a week trying to avoid 20 hours of work. Don't get me wrong, they are the best armed inspectors I know and are always good for an old joke. Can you image if we all got off our *ss and worked?? That would be a novel idea. I say in with the new and out with the old!!!

I agree to pick the best for it - no matter how long on - but we heard up here the big dog just up and picked these guys - no selection process - happened up here too - how do you know they are the best when you dont have interviews or a selection process - shouldn't you be off probation first?

Have you ever heard the old saying that "Past performance is usually a good indicator of Future Performance"? If you get off your duff and work, you might be surprised how you are perceived by your peers and supervisors!!! Maybe that is why they were picked, YOU THINK????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast