New Budget Proposal
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Budget Proposal

OK, so I have a new budget proposal. After being in basic beverage class today and truly see first hand how wastful the training section is. I have been with DABT for some time and cant believe the waste. The incompentency displayed by Lt. Kreitlow is like nothing I have seen before. Where the heXX did we get this joke from.

Lets not even go with the inservice training class I was in last year and the safety breaches we had on the range. I am in more fear going back to the range this year then I have working in bars.

You bring up an interesting point but don't stop there. You could do away with the whole central office and not adversly impact field operations. Put all those positions in the field and get to work. While were are planning the future, lets dump out licensing and auditing too.

What the hell are you talking about??
    The guy only facilitated the instructors and was nice to everyone!!
    You need to get a life and leave this agency.

Well I guess it is hard for Lt. Kreitlow to teach basic beverage school when he has never done an inspection, never gone through FTO and has never been a field agent. Must be nice to sit in his office at TCO - get paid more than everyone else and then pretend like he gives a c*() about the agents - he may be a nice guy and all, but how do you train people when you have NEVER done the stuff yourself? I feel sorry for all of you in the school up there...

Nice guys arent what we need. We need someone who is knowledable and knows what they are doing. Why are we paying someone lieutenants salary to facilitate training. Shouldnt they being doing the training. Otherwise, we can have an admin person facilitate the training.... HELLO

You really need to get a life, he did nothing wrong today, if your so disgruntled there are 3 thousand other LEO jobs in the state, but you probably applied to all of them by now thats why you are still here...

I can't really say much negative about Lt. Kreitlow, other than the fact that he's never been an agent, but he does try. If he has questions, he seeks answers. He will ask for input from the agents, and is rather open to ideas, so I will back him on that.

Basic Beverage has been a joke for some time now, all because of this rediculous LicenseEase. The whole course is centered around it, and it's stupid. They should be covering a myriad of subjects: close-range tactics (with/without a gun), narcotics, prostitution, REAL report writing for these cases in the event they go to court, gambling, surveillance/tailing, use of CI's, writing/serving warrants, and all associated paperwork required for a case.

More hands-on training is necessary. Basic beverage should be similar to what FDLE does in SA school, or what the Feds call CI school. The course should be aimed at teaching criminal investigations, not "This is the proper way to enter an inspection..."

Perhaps the new administration will help make it better, at least for a while. Seven years has taught me alot: Every time a new director comes in, things change. Sometimes better, and obviously, sometimes worse.

Stay safe, and enjoy your nap time in class. 8)

I am sure there are a lot of questions being asked, since the man doesn't even know his job. :shock:

The training this morning was great!! The guys from down south have the right idea about what we should be doing. That type of investigative work is something I welcome to this agency and wish I could do in my area. I only hope that with a new Director we can continue in that direction. Sure beats the hell out of a bunch of LPI's and running kids!!!

I agree, I only hope that we can start that Homeland Security Unit that they spoke about. I think we could gain alot of respect from outside agencies. That cabin in the woods lady was a little to much me this afternoon!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast