What's up with FHP?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What's up with FHP?

I just got a ticket from a Trooper - $205. Now, I admit I was going fast, on a I-10 at 0130 hrs with no other traffic. As soon as the trooper stopped me, I apologized, gave him my d/l and Pines ID, and said I just was not paying attention. The trooper immediatly told me to step out of the car, had me walk to the back of my car and in front of his (one time for roadside safety), and lectured me on how bad I. Then proceeded to tell me how he would not have done this in "your county". After all of that, he gives me a ticket, and me the entire time being apologitic and respectful.

You would think with recent multiple shootings of fellow law enforcement officers, these guys might show a little solidarity......but I guess not. What sucks is that the next time I see a trooper next to I-75 by him or herself because their back-up is miles away, I am going to stop and assist. This is what any good officer would do. However, the courtesy stops there, if I stop a driver for a tail light out, and it turns out to be a trooper, bonus..........

i agree. screw those jerks. i've heard too many stories about the same thing.

FHP= Florida Helpless Police

FHP=Feminine Hygiene Product

I'm a local cop and I work with a lot of Troopers down here in the tri-county area and they have the same jaundice eye toward their northern brothers in brown. As a matter of fact I've heard stories of Troopers writing commanding officers from other Troops!

It's not their fault up above So Fl for the following reasons:

1) When they walk into a bar room brawl up there everyone stops and pays attention.

2) We make significantly more money than they do so they think most local/county cops are corrupt.

3) They hate it down here or otherwise they would be down here due to the pay differential. Therefore they hate everyone down here including the cops.

4) They are taught that they are the State Police. They go to their own academy and thereby don't learn to "play well with others" while we sit in our academy chairs next to someone from BSO on our left and Hallandale on our right.

5) Once they get a taste of an ass beating whereby they are saved by a local cop they usually change their tune.

give me a diablo samich an uh doctah peppuh. an make it quick i'm in uh gat damn hurry!

1st off: i’ll still back these ****s up even though they crap all over city and county cops. i’ll never bypass any solo officer conducting a traffic stop no matter what jurisdiction.

dogcatcher: i feel your pain. i too have been issued a traffic ticket by one of fhp’s finest, after displaying a police i.d. and driver license. i too was respectful, and admitted that i exceeded the posted limit while driving in a county outside of south florida.

the elite group of state patrol officers certainly is in a group amongst themselves. it is evident by the exceptional training they receive while being educated / brainwashed in tallahassee.

they learn that concepts such as brotherhood, camaraderie, and solidarity are only for police officers and deputy sheriffs. they also learn that discretion and courtesy are beneath them. come on, how could any law enforcement officer (except an fhp trooper) issue another cop a traffic ticket? not only does fhp routinely do so, but they lecture cops about “their highway. . . their county” just before saying sign here.

keep up the good work fhp. your training academy has produced some talented troopers who love to stroke cops while wearing that flawless brown hat. no wonder why so many real cops can’t stand these specialized left turn makers.

1st off: i’ll still back these ****s up even though they crap all over city and county cops. i’ll never bypass any solo officer conducting a traffic stop no matter what jurisdiction.

dogcatcher: i feel your pain. i too have been issued a traffic ticket by one of fhp’s finest, after displaying a police i.d. and driver license. i too was respectful, and admitted that i exceeded the posted limit while driving in a county outside of south florida.

the elite group of state patrol officers certainly is in a group amongst themselves. it is evident by the exceptional training they receive while being educated / brainwashed in tallahassee.

they learn that concepts such as brotherhood, camaraderie, and solidarity are only for police officers and deputy sheriffs. they also learn that discretion and courtesy are beneath them. come on, how could any law enforcement officer (except an fhp trooper) issue another cop a traffic ticket? not only does fhp routinely do so, but they lecture cops about “their highway. . . their county” just before saying sign here.

keep up the good work fhp. your training academy has produced some talented troopers who love to stroke cops while wearing that flawless brown hat. no wonder why so many real cops can’t stand these specialized left turn makers.

Dogcatcher and the other idiot

In my 15 years with FHP, I never wrote any city or county officer a ticket. As far as you claiming that you stop when you see a FHP on a Traffic stop: (BS) you pass by exceeding 100 MPH. Deal with the individual who wrote you the ticket, not everybody.

Dont worry FHP Pines has a motorman that wrote my mom a 76 year old for driving 11 miles over the speed limit, when my mom said her son was a officer for another LE agency here in South Florida he told my mom you should of know better.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast