taken from the PP Beacon
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

taken from the PP Beacon

" Anticipating greater future cuts over mandated tax reform, Gustafson said some steps are being examined to sever costs even more. The practice of paying vacation benefits for accrued time, a $300,000 cost, is being examined. The city will negotiate only a one-year pact with employee unions to allow for flexibility of future reductions in revenue.

Gustafson said as workers leave their positions will be examined for elimination or employee multi-tasking. Current benefits such as pension plans, health insurance, vacation and sick payouts, funeral leaves and short-term disability programs also will be scrutinized. "

This agency going to CRAP! Morale is horrible and it's not going to get any better. Benefits are being taken away so it's time to jump ship my fellow brothers.

You First.

But we have teams!

At least we have evening shift teams! At least we have so, so, so many supervisors.

Lone man overboard

Sorry, I'm not going to jump ship "brother". I have a family to take care of and my morale isn't down. Please don't speak for me, If you think you can do better elsewhere, can't you lave without asking others to do it with you? I see how happy & rosy things are at other agencies by reading their postings! (haha) If you aren't happy LEAVE, but don't speak for me! (brother)

lave = leave

Lave = leave (Olde British English)

little sppd

This place is going to become little SPPD, if we don't stop the bleeding. We got ofcs leaving or talking about leaving at an alarming rate. The moral is down for most and the city is doing nothing to help out. We have a city manager who has gotten a 20% pay hike over the last 3 yrs, but the real workers in this city end up getting the shaft. The admin needs to go to "sleazy hall" and hash something out for the line staff or we might be in major trouble. Stop promoting people, stop wasting money on useless items, and pay your cops what they need and deserve.

looks like we lost a couple more officers and many more to come. I know the admin reads this and they need to know what is up. The contract is issue #1. Having 10 supervisors per shift, but barely 5 officers is #2. We need to streamline the city and PD or we are going to get taken over. Our PD is so supervisor heavy and the line staff is taking the beatings. If we don't do something now, we will lose more officers or the SO will roll in. If the SO comes in, do you the supervisors really think they will keep their rank and position? I think not, so start doing everything possible to salvage what is left of this PD because it's in worse shape than you think. Moral is at an all time low and almost everyone is looking to move on.

What

Shallow,

I didn't know my moral was low and I was looking for another job, thanks for letting me know. You don't speak for me. Also the amount of officers that have left in the past 5 years is very minimal. Please don't include me in your fantasy survey.

Can we?

Can we just establish and stipulate once and for all that nobody is speaking for anyone else? Can we just agree that when someone posts their personal opinion or perception that it is just pertaining to them and their point of view? That should take care of all of the" You don't speak for me" posts....which are about the half the retorts on here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast