Possible LWPD merger with PBSO... - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Anyone hearing any new information. It seems to have drastically died down all of a sudden. Don't know why, could it be the calm before the storm, don't know.

Big Ears wrote the following on PBSO's blog:

"Minutes from the Capt. Meeting had the Sheriff saying that the LW proposal saved the city 1.4 million.

it is up to the town now to see if that is worth it for them."

If that is all they are saving, I don't think it's happening. Take into account next years property tax voting and also gradual cost increase once a merger is completed. Through time, that projected savings will definitely shrink real quick. In other words, to close for comfort. That is just my take. I'd like to see it happen, but will it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Big Ears wrote the following on PBSO's blog:

"Minutes from the Capt. Meeting had the Sheriff saying that the LW proposal saved the city 1.4 million.

it is up to the town now to see if that is worth it for them."

If that is all they are saving, I don't think it's happening. Take into account next years property tax voting and also gradual cost increase once a merger is completed. Through time, that projected savings will definitely shrink real quick. In other words, to close for comfort. That is just my take. I'd like to see it happen, but will it?
    It would be a 10 year contract that the cost could not be touched for 10 years. I heard it was more around 2.4 million because of all the resources Lake Worth wanted. Not to mention a contract city does not raise the cost like having a city PD. Example Wellington's contract was raised 1.2 million in 10 years, Lake Worth's budget has increased double digits for their own PD in 10 years.

I found this posted on a website comparing BSO in Pompano to West Palm with their own PD. This will clear misconceptions about contracts. PBSO does a better job with contracts than BSO.

"We will compare the City of West Palm Beach with their own Police force to Pompano Beach. The reason? Both cities are Similar in demographics and similar in population. To show you the information West Palm Beach even has 10,000 people less in population than Pompano and still cost more for their own PD. To top it off, both are violent cities.
    http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ACSSAFFF...
    http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ACSSAFFF...
    Pompano PAID 33,116,270 for BSO and they patrol a population of 94892. BSO has 331 sworn Law Enforcement Officers in the city. West Palm Beach pays 48,111,802 and they patrol a population of 86804. West Palm PD has 275 Officers. What is that? Pompano is really getting more for less? You don’t say. Just so everyone knows Hollywood has a population of 138412 and they have 333 Police Officers. It’s kind of scary knowing that BSO has more officers per population than Hollywood with more population. Again this information is provided by the city not BSO. BSO can’t hide the amount of contract positions to the city. See link for Pompano Budget:
    http://www.mypompanobeach.org/directory ... rvices.pdf

See this link from FDLE. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cjst/cjap/2006/de...
    Also here’s a link to the West Palm Beach city budget. See page 31.
    http://www.cityofwpb.com/finance/pdf/FY%20200...
    BSO increased BSO’s contract by 1.5 million dollars this year at the beginning of a new 5-year contract. Since 2004 West Palm PD has increased their budget from 40,171,867 to 48,111,802 making an increase of 7,939,935. But its only the Sheriff who raises the cost right? "

It may not happen, but the city can't afford 20 million for Police and Fire and county fire rescue will not be merging with Lake Worth Fire. Every little bit helps. Lake worth submitted to the Sheriff what they wanted and they got the price. This is giving them double the man power on the road.

Lake Worth PBSO Merger

To West Palm Cop:

Well you are obviously not paying attention to whats going on in your own department, and you obviously do not pay attention to current affairs, OR YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT I STATED IS TRUE AND ARE THE FACTS AS PRINTED IN THE POST AND STATED BY YOUR MAYOR! AND, I DON'T REMEMBER CALLING YOU ANY NAMES AS YOU HAVE REFERRED TO ME, and I will not lower myself to your standard of response because it serves no purpose to speak to someone of such a small mind.

Re: Lake Worth PBSO Merger

Quote Originally Posted by LW Cop
    To West Palm Cop:

Well you are obviously not paying attention to whats going on in your own department, and you obviously do not pay attention to current affairs, OR YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT I STATED IS TRUE AND ARE THE FACTS AS PRINTED IN THE POST AND STATED BY YOUR MAYOR! AND, I DON'T REMEMBER CALLING YOU ANY NAMES AS YOU HAVE REFERRED TO ME, and I will not lower myself to your standard of response because it serves no purpose to speak to someone of such a small mind.
    Please link a copy to the post. I know you can't it doesn't exist. Our City commissioners vote and make the decison, not the Mayor. Our Mayor is a flaming reject. However she was over heard saying a merger would be better for the city. The resdients and majority of officers want it. Oh well, we all know it's all about power trips for these cities. They know what the right think is, but they don't want to do it for fear of losing power. I'm sorry if I disrespecting you in anyway. We like most other ciries want a contract like the SO. Anyway stay safe and good luck

Lake Worth's going GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have any proof to back this statement? The only information recently in the news is talks of a fire merger w/ county continue: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/ ... wfire.html

You have any proof to back this statement? The only information recently in the news is talks of a fire merger w/ county continue: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/ ... wfire.html
    Both police and fire are going. I spoke to city leaders and I have no proof other than wait and see. It's going to happen. The Sheriff just submitted a proposal

The merger deal is getting close. In reading the SO's blog, there already mentioning which captain is heading over to command District 14 (Lake Worth). Be on the look out for official turn over dates.

If you havent read the SO blog, I will say it here also.
    I am a LW officer and I enjoy workin here. I just hope that when or if this merger does happen that we can all be adult (SO & LW) enough to realize that the powers that be have made this decision and that we still owe the citizens of this city an effective law enforcement agency and we should not let any changes effect our services to them.

Alos, I did not add my name to this and that is only because, I have not seen any of you put your names to your blogs. But most of you know me, all I have to say is HOOAH.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast