Possible LWPD merger with PBSO...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Possible LWPD merger with PBSO...

Does anyone know whether it is a done deal yet?

Who knows at this point. You hear a different thing everyday, from "done deal", to its not going to happen. I know the city has not voted on it yet, but I hear its still in the works. I hope they do something soon, before Oct. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by LW Guy
    Who knows at this point. You hear a different thing everyday, from "done deal", to its not going to happen. I know the city has not voted on it yet, but I hear its still in the works. I hope they do something soon, before Oct. 1.
    We at PBSO have heard the same thing. No one knows. I do know several city leaders and they have all said they are for it. At least the 3 I know. Don't belive what you read on our site, becuase it's the rumor mill. The majority of people like to stir the pot. If this merger happens, you will be welcomed with open arms. Be safe and God speed.

The proposed 2008 Budget shows that they will eliminate the Deputy Chief's position. Also they look like they are eliminating other non-essential positions freeing up some money. The positions are secretaries and Dispatchers. They are really trying to do some drastic cuts to match up or if not have a lower proposal than the Sheriff's Office.

Does that mean they are just going to get rid of the Deputy Chief position or are they laying off the active one? I find it hard to belive they will get rid of him totally. Prolly just give him a new position.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The proposed 2008 Budget shows that they will eliminate the Deputy Chief's position. Also they look like they are eliminating other non-essential positions freeing up some money. The positions are secretaries and Dispatchers. They are really trying to do some drastic cuts to match up or if not have a lower proposal than the Sheriff's Office.
    They are never going to come in lower to than the SO. Not to mention we have some new cars that they refuse to stripe. What does that tell you. In all honesty when you look at our budget and we are paying over 12 million for police services and Wellington who is almost double our size is paying 6 million that's a problem. I've spoken to one city commissioner and they know they can't beat or underbid the Sheriff. They are being hush hush like Royal Palm was. Look at Royal Palm. They now have over 8 Deputies per night compared to the 4 they had before and are saving 3 million a year. I don't know why the city would fight this, all for most part are for it. It's the upper command here that don't want to give away their useless jobs. Everyone goes over with rank and seniority. The city can fight all they want, one day it's going to happen. County fire rescue has already said they won't be doing a merger with Lake Worth because of the budget cuts. Who knows, all I know is this city is a joke. They will never match what the SO has and can never match their contract.

what is LWPD's policy on take home vehicles?

what is LWPD's policy on take home vehicles?
    They don't have take homes

I was reading the SO's blog. Seems like they are saying the merger won't happen this year for LWPD. Could anyone elaborate on this?

I was reading the SO's blog. Seems like they are saying the merger won't happen this year for LWPD. Could anyone elaborate on this?
    Don't believe anything you read under that blog. Too many disgruntled cops. It will probably happen, the SO hasnt even submitted the numbers yet. From what the city leaders are saying, it will more than likely happen

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast