5% increase in budget

5% increase in budget

Has anyone seen the Ledgers question for the day?

Do you support Sheriff Grady Judd's request for a 5 percent increase in the Sheriff's Office budget?
    Yes No

I’ve been told that the secretary’s are going around asking the employees to vote yes per Judd. So far 441 people have voted and I have no doubt the majority of the votes are from the upper staff and his girls. I’m all for taxes for more Deputy’s that’s not a problem. Problem is being asked to vote “yes” so that it will out weigh the “no” and look good. We defiantly need more deputies I just hope if the SO gets the money that’s what it will go to! Moral is extremely low.

Hopefully itll be for more road deputies and not new furniture for their new offices in the new building

Say what you want about morale. I've found over the past 10+ years that morale depends on you as a person and the people you hang around with. If you hang out with people who are positive and understand the "big picture", morale can be pretty good. If you hang around people that are always complaining about the computers going down, the radios not working near the county line (which happens in most counties across the country), or other things most people don't care to hear you b*tch about, then you will say negative things also and will use the good ol' "low morale" statement. Find me an agency where morale is high and I'll buy your lunch, things are always better somewhere else until YOU get there.

If you hang around people who are thankful for the $1200 they get every two weeks (or more depending on how long you've been here), plus off-duty/take home car PRIVILEGES, your own laptop, tuition reimbursement, 14 days off a month, 6 weeks of leave in one year (most companies only give 2, if you're lucky), any many other POSITIVE aspect of PCSO, then you'll likely have a better attitude. No one asked you to apply for this job, you did it yourself. There are dozens waiting to get hired, let them do it if your "morale" is so low.

You are in charge of your own happiness, not your sergeant, lieutenant, or anybody else you think has to serve your individual needs.

Well said, Guest ... and I agree. I'm all for the 5% increase as long as it goes where it is NEEDED ... on the streets!

I have to agree with the last post, but beleive me after all my years with the SO the big shots will get all of the money and not Patrol where it belongs !!