OUR CHIEF IS AN IDIOT - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your not well respected yourselves officers!

http://forums.heraldtribune.com/eve/for ... 081146/p/1

Poulakis is suing two North Port police officers, claiming that they violated his constitutional rights by arresting him on the weapons charge.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs. ... /708050581

Question: Were these two Officers fired or disciplined for violating someone's civil rights? If not, why? Is it because they are well liked by Lewis? I guess in Chief Lewis' eyes, a exposing herself in the backseat of a cruiser is MUCH WORSE than cops violating someone's civil rights! Man, NPPD is one backward and BACKWOODS town!

First of all....to Ghost of 3101....what you brought up was ancient history that didn't quite happen the way you said. The (LI"L GENERAL thing never happened) and what you referred to as someone shooting at his wife who locked herself in another room....did happen and the officer was FIRED! Did ya get that? FIRED!!!! And that happened 24 years ago!
    To the idiot guest that reads the paper and thinks that because someone sues you, you did something wrong....guess what?....anyone can sue you for anything! The officers did nothing wrong here! This guy wants to get a clarification as to the interpetation of the law! He was wrong and went to jail! The paper says it was in his glove box, when it was in a center console in the area he was reaching for, prior to his stop. Stay tuned to this story and you will see that nothing was done wrong.

I didn't want to be an idiot today, but I guess I can be...

Quote Originally Posted by BenHere
    First of all....to Ghost of 3101....what you brought up was ancient history that didn't quite happen the way you said. The (LI"L GENERAL thing never happened) and what you referred to as someone shooting at his wife who locked herself in another room....did happen and the officer was FIRED! Did ya get that? FIRED!!!! And that happened 24 years ago!
    To the idiot guest that reads the paper and thinks that because someone sues you, you did something wrong....guess what?....anyone can sue you for anything! The officers did nothing wrong here! This guy wants to get a clarification as to the interpetation of the law! He was wrong and went to jail! The paper says it was in his glove box, when it was in a center console in the area he was reaching for, prior to his stop. Stay tuned to this story and you will see that nothing was done wrong.
    Constitution of the United States of America and of the State of Florida. Excerpt from Florida Constitution:
    SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.--

(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.
    The courts have ruled in 2003 that a gun in a glove compartment is not a concealed weapon requiring a concealed weapons permit. It is perfectly legal for any citizen to carry a gun in their glove compartment under the constitution the same as having a gun in your home.

Fla. Statute 790.25(3)(l), 790.001
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... Sec012.HTM

Just a few pointers for you. Read the Chapter and cross reference where needed.

"it was in a center console in the area he was reaching for, prior to his stop."

The officer had no way of knowing that a driver was reaching into a center console before he was stopped and the officer being standing at the window when the reaching was going on. Not sure, but this is probably the one sentence that got it dropped by the State if the officer used it in his report.

Sorry sir, but LE does not have total and complete control over people. You are employed by the people to make sure the laws of the United States of America be upheld as a deterrent to letting total and utter chaos get the upper hand in American Society. Your safety is very important in being able to do that job. But everyone is protected under the Constitution that was put in place in order to stop this country from being taken over by power hungry egos that we elect and hire to help keep us living in a wonderful and free society.

We do not live in the "Wild West" anymore either, I understand that. But we need to be able to count on the Police to carry out what we entrust them to do while still being respected as a whole. Also, as a human being with human emotions, I need to be able to trust LE enough to give me the freedoms that I am entitled to. If we are not able to walk down the street or drive in our car under the freedoms that we are suppose to enjoy, we will need our guns and weapons, as we are lawfully entitled to, to protect our very lives from the powerful while simply trying to make a living for our families.

This man was not given that freedom, the officer could have either ticketed him, arrested him for the laws that he was in violation of and left the rest of his constitutional rights in tact.

Am I right or wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BenHere
    First of all....to Ghost of 3101....what you brought up was ancient history that didn't quite happen the way you said. The (LI"L GENERAL thing never happened) Sorry but it did happen and the evidence that came up missing was a roll of quarters taken in the robbery that was recovered and a beer can found at the scene. Both had the prints of the suspects involved in the robbery. FDLE Gaconi was a NPPD officer at that time and can verify it if you do not beleive it.
    and what you referred to as someone shooting at his wife who locked herself in another room....did happen and the officer was FIRED! Did ya get that? FIRED!!!! And that happened 24 years ago! Sorry but officer LC continued on with the NPPD for two more years before he left on his own accord. Last it did not happen in 1983 it happened in 1985 and just to throw another bit of history out, J. Slapp (who was a Cpl. with the PD at that time on the midnight shift and who I was misidentified as) was the one to announce to the shift what had taken place with then officer LC and what was being done.
    As for when any of these incidents accord has little bearing on the fact that it become a departmental practice of non-termination for acts of much greater severity then the one that the current officer was accused of. I believe that the term is past practice and if the officer had not quit he could have fought such a termination.
    Now if you want some more, I can tell of an officer who was also not recommended for termination but ordered to take substance abuse counceling, after being caught doctor shopping to obtain a Schedule II drug.

To quote you BenHere:
    "Did ya get that?"

1980's?

Hey Ghost....on December 03, 1959, the then Chief ran a stop sign and hit a curb, blowing out a tire...do you remember that too? Get a life pal!

Re: 1980's?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost buster
    Hey Ghost....on December 03, 1959, the then Chief ran a stop sign and hit a curb, blowing out a tire...do you remember that too? Get a life pal!
    I do remember a future chief who had his son get into his service weapon case and accidently shot his friend. I also remember that one of the command staff was disciplined for attempting to cover the incident up.

However the future chief was not disciplined for allowing his son access to his service weapon.

Nor was he disciplined for asking the investigating NPPD officer to keep the incident quite.

And that was not the 80's pal.

My life is fine, you seem to be the one who can not handle the reality of life and ignore it.

I also can not help but notice that most of the replies to my post are from people who do not have the nads to register.

So keep those cards and laughable letters coming super chickens.

idiot remarks

So...you think you know everything there is to know, huh ghost? Fact!...the shooting you are talking about wasn't covered up by anyone! There was a full investigation which included the State Attorney's Office and there was no fault to the officer as you insinuate! Or wait...was the State Attorney involved in this cover up?...Stay tuned to the ghost of 3101's next half-assed story. That gun had a trigger lock on it and was secured in a box by the way, brainless!

LC

Ghost, LC did not work for the dept in 1985 nor the latter part of 84. And, in reference to doctor shopping, was she A.P.?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I already know the situation so I don't need to do any further investigating. JW DID NOT LIE during the investigation!!! That was just your way oops...I mean "the investigating Officer's" way of putting a case on him. Why was he NOT CHARGED with lying during the investigation if it had been shown that he was lying? The fact remains that any other agency with competent persons/person running it would have given JW a day or two off at the most. This was a witch hunt against an Officer who the incompetent punka$$ Lewis did not like. After all, that is his M.O.! Jw is better off not working there anyway! He will get a better job, with better pay elsewhere. As for you Captain, LT, Chief...oops I mean Mr. No Doubt, you are still NOT CREDIBLE until you have the ba11s enough to sign your name to your posts. Until then, I dismiss all that you say!

All this is coming from you who lives in Michigan. It's obvious that you got your information from the "liar" himself. Good job, get one side of the story and go with it. Lets not talk about credible.

Sincerely,
    Patrol Officer Jeff Reynolds

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast