SPPD 's Body count....... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think a good starting point would be the year 2000 because thats when the exodus really began maybe later '90's too. Alot of work to compile but interesting all the same I bet the numbers would be staggering. Another consideration is the officers we've lost to fatal disease. Can this dept/stress/politics really kill a person?

Numbers

i am friends with one of the officers who quit on that list. thats interesting how it says he resigned after ONE year because he was only in his second phase of FTO so it was not actually one year. where do they (management) come up with the ONE year stat ?

more reasons to leave

when you've done your job satisfactorily for years and then get hurt doing it, the city gives you a specific term to improve. if you don't, and you could do a desk job, they don't give you the option to put that training and experience and knowledge to use.

they cut your throat and dispose of you, like some old equipment.

we've know for a long time the shoulder patch on the uniform - loyalty, integrity, fidelity - is bogus. the police admin has none of those qualities nor do they encourage them among the troops.

there is certainly not any loyalty, integrity or fidelity on the part of the city toward those of us who put our lives on the line.

again, I ask....why stay at such a place?

you could be working at law enforcement agencies where the sheriff or chief cares. Locally, a good example would be Sheriff Grady Judd at Polk County.

Chiefs

One the the best African American Police Chiefs in the country, Chief Greenberg (retired) reduced violent crime in his city by 50%.

He taught classes to Chiefs all over the country. One of his main topics was treatment of police personel. He spent time with his people and also put on a patrol uniform and copied calls for service. He started this after attending a Chain of Command Board on one of his men and being told by his officer, "Do you really know what is it like on the streets these days?" Chief Greenberg ripped up the employee notice and went to supply to get a regular patrol uniform.

As a LEADER, you must tell your people you will support them and that you care about them. A SUPERVISOR is a person that does not lead his people but only enforces the rules of the organization.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Ride Along

Is there anyone on the Department
    who would truthfully give him an earful...?
    And tell Chucky that we don't all get a x58 every day...
    And somehow be able to over~ride the GoD influence that runs amok......

..... I doubt it.

There's only a few left, willing to attempt that Political Suicide.

And even then..........
    Would he really give a Carp or would it all just be some more PR ???

Ride Along

..... I doubt it.

And even then..........

Re: Ride Along

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso

..... I doubt it.

And even then..........

I call double posting,
    I'm behind ya on this one ,
    Picasso ,Watch your step.

Nice video, I only see two problems with it so tell me what your thinking although I know you already will...

1) The people listed as retired after XX numbers of years. Not bad to include them but since there is 25 year retirement an argument can easily be made that anyone with 25 or more did nothing too surprising by actually retiring after the 25 mark. It could even be said that those with more than 25 years actually had less of a problem with the place b/c they stayed over the necessary 25 years.

I know that alot of those retirees were not happy but I'm just pointing out the argument that people like the mayor or council or even the command staff would come up with being the politicians that they are.

2) The people listed as terminated. Another chance for the politician types to argue that if they were terminated, aka fired then they must have done something wrong and therefore don't want them in the agency.

The list should go back a little bit further not just 2007 b/c I think and I could be mistaken that more people left in the last two years than '07 and I'm not talking about just retirings and firings. But really the video was outstanding and makes a valid point.

Take a l00k @ " Body Count II "
    It's not just the amount of dissatisfied leaving.
    It's the Amount we are losing.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    Great job on the vids.
    It's sad to watch all the names go by. It's not that most are forgotten, it seems that people have forgotten how many have left. Revolving door over there, and it's not just the rooks :cry:
    The videos show that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast