Writting Cops Parents

Writting Cops Parents

Come on guys.....Why would ANY cop knowingly write a cops elderly parents? And then for 12 over on I-65??? My dads attitude is good, so whats the problem? Traffic enforcement is the bottom of the totem pole of things we all do, when you look at the grand scheme of all the crap we deal with day-in and day-out. It is also the thing we have the MOST discretion with. I know there is NO WAY I am going to knowingly write another cops parents or spouse a ticket. ESPECIALLY the parents....they raised their child in such a way that he/she became a cop, so they deserve a break. They worry just like the spouses do. So come on ladies and gentlemen, have a heart and give those parents a break. Who knows, the parents you write may someday have to deal with seeing their childs name on the National LEO Memorial Wall in DC.

I agree

It is pretty sorry to write any immediate family memeber of the police. It is one of the few ways that we can actually take care of one another. If you are in a small area and they frequently violate I could kinda see, but not on the interstate.

Fear not brother your parents are safe when I patrol I-65

WRITING COPS PARENTS

The fair thing to do is : If they are breaking any law, they be treated like any other citizen. There should be no breaks for anyone because of who you are or what your profession is. Last time I checked every person was expected to obey all the laws or suffer the consequences. EVERYONE

Re: WRITING COPS PARENTS

Quote Originally Posted by Guest11111
    The fair thing to do is : If they are breaking any law, they be treated like any other citizen. There should be no breaks for anyone because of who you are or what your profession is. Last time I checked every person was expected to obey all the laws or suffer the consequences. EVERYONE
    Exactly, and being their parents, you CUT THEM A BREAK. It's apparently something that you don't understand, especially about the brotherhood/sisterhood.... Perhaps someday you will....

Understand

I understand exactly. It's crooked , any way you look at it. People like you guys that do this, have no business being in law enforcement. Yes it is done this way everywhere, still doesn't make it right.
    And I imagine you would be the one crying for respect because you are law enforcement. You don't deserve respect.

Re: Understand

Quote Originally Posted by guest11111
    I understand exactly. It's crooked , any way you look at it. People like you guys that do this, have no business being in law enforcement. Yes it is done this way everywhere, still doesn't make it right.
    And I imagine you would be the one crying for respect because you are law enforcement. You don't deserve respect.
    And I bet when you go out to eat in uniform, and the server gives you your meal for free, or a discounted price, you turn it down.

Re: Writting Cops Parents

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Come on guys.....Why would ANY cop knowingly write a cops elderly parents? And then for 12 over on I-65??? My dads attitude is good, so whats the problem? Traffic enforcement is the bottom of the totem pole of things we all do, when you look at the grand scheme of all the crap we deal with day-in and day-out. It is also the thing we have the MOST discretion with. I know there is NO WAY I am going to knowingly write another cops parents or spouse a ticket. ESPECIALLY the parents....they raised their child in such a way that he/she became a cop, so they deserve a break. They worry just like the spouses do. So come on ladies and gentlemen, have a heart and give those parents a break. Who knows, the parents you write may someday have to deal with seeing their childs name on the National LEO Memorial Wall in DC.
    Not in the state of Ky with KSP it's not on the bottom of the totem pole, rake every motorist you can over the coals to drum up a number for the month, that's the outlook most have. Sad, but true............