NO CONFIDENCE VOTE FOR PBA
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

NO CONFIDENCE VOTE FOR PBA

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THE PBA DOES NOT HAVE THE BSO EMPLOYEES THAT IT RERESENTS IN IT'S BEST INTEREST THEN PLEASE JUST POST HERE SO IT CAN BE SHOWN JUST HOW MANY OF US TRULY HAVE NO FAITH IN THE PBA ANYMORE. KEEP IT BRIEF, JUST TELL THEM THEY ARE USELESS NOW AND THAT WE WANT A CHANGE IN RERESENTATION!

I want a change! It is incredible that after all this time, and after a general membership meeting where the PBA was told that the IUPA was pushing strong to come in that nothing has been done. Only now is Debbie Reggio asking what can the PBA do to resolve the conflict. I find it amazing that through 14 years, the PBA only listened to themselves, now that there is a new guy on the block, they pretend to be interested.

They did nothing for me after letting an investigation be kept open for a year! "Call us back next week..." Oh, sorry for bothering you. Well good-bye.

Maybe we can give the new PBA building to IUPA!

I just think it's funny that when I got "bumped" off of my shift pick and put on another shift (not as punishment) I was told "that's just the BSO way" and nothing could be done because it was in the contract. Now my same rep was told he might be going to midnights and he is very upset. Was heard saying "I am going to grieve this" but he does not even know the contract. According to the great PBA wisdom, we can't grieve this. What a lopsided contract for the Sheriif administration! And you wonder why people are upset?

PBA Sucks As Told by 20 Yr Vet

I called the PBA two years ago about a possible contract violation. I spoke with Pat Hanrahan (spelling) he did not have the answer, but he was professional in his retort. He stated you know I will, have to research this. I gave him my phone number and he said I will look into this and call you back. After about 5 days I called back and got his voice mail. Left a message. I called back the next day and spoke to the receptionist and when I told her who I was she put me to Pat's voice mail again. Still no call. I made one last call and still did not get an answer. 2 years later and Pat still has not called back and I never got an answer to my question. I will assume that this was not a grieveable issue. This is one of two issues I had with them over the years. I will post that story later today.

:shock:

At some point the current PBA president lost his drive and conviction for the good of the common deputy and now believes that he and a good chunk of his family are entitled their positions. There is sound reason for term limits and its time we impose one the only way available to us.

I grieved an issue with my LT and the PBA attorney said they would look into it. The attorney called back and said that they had lunch with my LT (used his first name) and that nothing can be done. I find out later that they are good friends.

A few months back a certain patrol sergeant fought for his seniority after being denied a shift in the big district. He was summarily shipped off to another command where his seniority wouldn't be an issue and he was stuck on his current shift. This all happened within about a two week time frame.

Those are the facts.

The grumblings surrounding that situation were that the PBA had made a back door deal with the chief (that just retired) that they (the PBA) would not challenge shift placement in the big district.

Nothing was ever done but that sergeant is still in the same district and on the same shift that he previously had seniority to leave.

Even if you don't like the guy that situation has slime and corruption written all over it.

It's time for a change in guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I grieved an issue with my LT and the PBA attorney said they would look into it. The attorney called back and said that they had lunch with my LT (used his first name) and that nothing can be done. I find out later that they are good friends.
    Thanks for lunch. The PBA, i mean PBA MEMBERS, paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdParty
    A few months back a certain patrol sergeant fought for his seniority after being denied a shift in the big district. He was summarily shipped off to another command where his seniority wouldn't be an issue and he was stuck on his current shift. This all happened within about a two week time frame.

Those are the facts.

The grumblings surrounding that situation were that the PBA had made a back door deal with the chief (that just retired) that they (the PBA) would not challenge shift placement in the big district.

Nothing was ever done but that sergeant is still in the same district and on the same shift that he previously had seniority to leave.

Even if you don't like the guy that situation has slime and corruption written all over it.

It's time for a change in guard.
    Did the chiefs name rhyme with a-hole? I mean stillborn?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast