city vehicles - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: city vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by 3
    i agree everyone in the city has the famous check engine light on and cars run like $hit, they are waiting for a 3 15 and a unit not making it cause the fuel pump went out, and the city is to cheap to replace it.
    Do you think this is something new? This mentality with our fleet has been going on since the early 90's. Nothing here will ever get better. Now do you comprehend?

Quote Originally Posted by 3
    i agree everyone in the city has the famous check engine light on and cars run like $hit, they are waiting for a 3 15 and a unit not making it cause the fuel pump went out, and the city is to cheap to replace it.
    Do you think this is something new? This mentality with our fleet has been going on since the early 90's. Nothing here will ever get better. Now do you comprehend? :cry:

IF YOUR CAR LOOKS LIKE SHIT NOW, THEN A NEW ONE IS NOT GOING TO DO YOU ANY GOOD. IN A YEAR OR TWO YOUR 08 WILL LOOK LIKE YOUR 2000 AND IT WILL NOT BE GSA'S DOING. MY CAR LOOKS FINE AND RUNS FINE BECAUSE I DON'T DAWG IT OUT LIKE I SEE A LOT OF GUYS DO. TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT U HAVE, IT'S A FREE CAR. I SEE GUYS THAT HAVE THE SAME WASH ME WRITTEN IN THEIR CAR TRUCKS FOR 2 MONTHS AT A TIME.
    DAM SHAME!

I have a 2003 with over 104,000miles on it. the car looks good and runs great. all you have to do is take care if it and keep up the maintence. we have much bigger problems here than the freakin cars. you rookies don't rember when we used to have fleet cars full of roaches and running like $hit when the car was only a year old with a few thousand miles on it. or having to wait till b-shift 06 just to get a car. or having to patrol in psa cars or unmarked k-cars. just be glad you have a car and free gas.

Take Home cars a plus

They got take home cars one stinking year before I retired. Worked over 25 years and would have really liked having one instead of the wear and tear on my personal vehicle, plus insurance savings, especially living in Broward. Many of you may not remember when there were three shifts, no take home cars...after roll call, you went out and met the previous shift and the car was never shut off 24/7 and had a hell of a lot of miles on it. Plus you had to clean up the trash from previous users from under the seat...

Re: Take Home cars a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Guest
    They got take home cars one stinking year before I retired. Worked over 25 years and would have really liked having one instead of the wear and tear on my personal vehicle, plus insurance savings, especially living in Broward. Many of you may not remember when there were three shifts, no take home cars...after roll call, you went out and met the previous shift and the car was never shut off 24/7 and had a hell of a lot of miles on it. Plus you had to clean up the trash from previous users from under the seat...
    Thank you for the reminder as to how it was . . . when we were cops! This new breed of is just a job simply doesn't get it!

Gosh, I'm proud to be the new breed. I look forward to my 2008 Ford in August. lol.

P.S. I'd like to thank all the old fogies that sacrificed to give us all the great benefits we have today. Thank you.

JUST A JOB?

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI ORTIZ
    Gosh, I'm proud to be the new breed. I look forward to my 2008 Ford in August. lol.

P.S. I'd like to thank all the old fogies that sacrificed to give us all the great benefits we have today. Thank you.
    You are most welcome, Javi! Enjoy your 2008 Crown Victoria as you go forth just doing a job! My hope is that twenty to twenty-five years from now, you too will look back and realize that it was not just a job but a once in a life opportunity to be part of something greater than yourself!

Re: JUST A JOB?

[quote=OLDCOP]
    Quote Originally Posted by JAVI ORTIZ

You are most welcome, Javi! Enjoy your 2008 Crown Victoria as you go forth just doing a job! My hope is that twenty to twenty-five years from now, you too will look back and realize that it was not just a job but a once in a life opportunity to be part of something greater than yourself![
    /quote]Javi,you are nothing but an A/H i am ashamed of the NEW BREED,the reason your cars look like sh.... is b/c you dont take care of it,i wonder if you do the same to ur own vehicle,and now you complaint of not getting an ar-15,you NEW BREEDERS ask only for MONEY and you give up your rights to equipment and to be harassed by the staff,you reap what you sow.

some people need to retire and let the new breed do there JOB anyways all most of them do all day are watch orders. And about the cars its bs that they keep cars for seven years, and most people are proud that there cars have over 100,000 miles, did we forget David Herring.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast