We should be given the option to carry firearms
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

We should be given the option to carry firearms

I believe that dispatchers should be given the option to be trained and certified to carry handguns, at least while working. This is a major concern for most dispatchers and as a dispatcher for over 7 years, I think I can safely speak for most of us. Allowing us to work armed would not only empower us as women but would allow us to assist if our police stations were ever attacked by terrorists. Further the Dispatch Supervisors could be issued long-guns and we could check our firearms in and out before each shift. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE.

Re: We should be given the option to carry firearms

Quote Originally Posted by armed and dangerous
    I believe that dispatchers should be given the option to be trained and certified to carry handguns, at least while working. This is a major concern for most dispatchers and as a dispatcher for over 7 years, I think I can safely speak for most of us. Allowing us to work armed would not only empower us as women but would allow us to assist if our police stations were ever attacked by terrorists. Further the Dispatch Supervisors could be issued long-guns and we could check our firearms in and out before each shift. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE.
    While your at it, could you handle that calls so I can eat and gossip?

Re:WHAT!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by armed and dangerous
    :wink: You have lost it!!! Why not just be an officer or deputy then????........LMAO!!!!!!.......No really I am LAUGHING!!!! :lol:

someone needs to baker act this moron

Dont speak for any of us. Anyone have an I love me jacket I can borrow for this nut?

I swear, you guys are just plain dumb! These "people" if you want to call them that, keep posting these post's trying to act like Dispatchers, but you take off the Badge and gun belt, and take a seat in the "hot seat" and tell me how you feel after 8, 10 or 12 hours of having to deal with your peers. You have no idea what we go through on a daily basis, and have no respect for the people that support you in the job you do each and every day. If you were, god forbid, hurt or even killed, the first person your family would want to blame is the dispatcher... everytime something is messed up on the radio, blame the dispatcher... each time you write down the address wrong, or its given to a dispatcher wrong, you blame the dispatcher... I think its about time you take some responsiblity for your self, and take some initiave and look at what is done on the other side of the radio. Think about this, what would you do if the dispatch center closed? Could you handle taking the calls and dispatching them? Probably not!

Quote Originally Posted by Commo Dispatch
    I swear, you guys are just plain dumb! These "people" if you want to call them that, keep posting these post's trying to act like Dispatchers, but you take off the Badge and gun belt, and take a seat in the "hot seat" and tell me how you feel after 8, 10 or 12 hours of having to deal with your peers. You have no idea what we go through on a daily basis, and have no respect for the people that support you in the job you do each and every day. If you were, god forbid, hurt or even killed, the first person your family would want to blame is the dispatcher... everytime something is messed up on the radio, blame the dispatcher... each time you write down the address wrong, or its given to a dispatcher wrong, you blame the dispatcher... I think its about time you take some responsiblity for your self, and take some initiave and look at what is done on the other side of the radio. Think about this, what would you do if the dispatch center closed? Could you handle taking the calls and dispatching them? Probably not!
    I'd go eat if dispatch center closed! It must be stressful because you guys cant even take a joke. You should just come back and make fun of cops. I could use a good laugh. I think you need one too.

10-40,
    No I can take a joke, and I actually have a wonderful sense of humor, normally I am the one making everyone in my center laught. I just see all this stuff negative about Dispatchers, and it just upset me. It wasn't directed at everyone, just those who seem to be using dispatch as the bus of their jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by Commo Dispatch
    10-40,
    No I can take a joke, and I actually have a wonderful sense of humor, normally I am the one making everyone in my center laught. I just see all this stuff negative about Dispatchers, and it just upset me. It wasn't directed at everyone, just those who seem to be using dispatch as the bus of their jokes!
    Ya you must be a real barrel of laughs. How could I not tell. I think using dispatchers as a "bus" of their jokes was fruedian slip. ya? rattle rattle...here come the cattle.

Wtf reason does a dispatcher need to carry a firearm?? Either go to school and become LEO or apply for a concealed carry permit.. Unreal

RE:BE AN OFFICER OR DEPUTY THEN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Wtf reason does a dispatcher need to carry a firearm?? Either go to school and become LEO or apply for a concealed carry permit.. Unreal
    I agree with you totally!!!! That is what I :wink: had posted!!!!! I mean between the fat jokes, the hook-ups and now let's get a gun??!!! I don't know what next?!!!?!!!? :wink:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast