Off Topic: Remember Mirabella's and the Seabreeze? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

The Seabreeze

You are talking "my days" now. All the motormen on my traffic squad would leave roll call at 0600 and haul azz east, first looking for a milk delivery truck then hit Ybor City and pick up some cuban bread. Then we all raced to the Seabreeze to heat up the cuban bread and eat it and drink the milk. The last motorman to arrive had to pay for the milk and bread. You're right, we had our own private little dining room in the back and you were also right about some dip shit officers taking their whole families, eating in the main dinning room and expect to eat for free. Which one of the brothers was it that got the hair transplant during this time?

hair transplant

one of the transplant guys was dolby

Malio's disappoints

Well, Malio's re-opened this week in the beer can building downtown at Kennedy and Ashley beside the river.

My wife and I decided to run down there for lunch.

We were disappointed.

First, and foremost, we were disappointed that they had taken our favorite meal off of the menu. There is no more seabass picatta. In fact, there is virtually no seafood at all.

Second, we knew they had gone "upscale" but certainly weren't prepared for a LUNCH menu where a steak costs $24.00!

Third, the place was incredibly noisy! We were regular customers to the cafe side at the old Malio's where they had the intimate little 2 and 4 person booths with lattices that shut you off from other diners.

Fourth, was the paid parking. Not really overpriced, just something different from the old Malio's.

We talked to Malio's son, who operates the new Malio's and expressed our disappointment that the seafood was pretty well gone from the menu. His response was that they were now a "steakhouse."

Sadly, we do not plan to return.

In fact, we did not eat lunch there. We left and went to the Colonnade where my wife had grouper picatta and I had shrimp and scallops.

From there we took a ride down to the pier at the Ballast Point park and fed some of our leftover muffins from the Colonnade to the fish, ducks and seagulls.

We also discovered that the "snack bar" at the park has some pretty good looking things on their menu, including a red grouper sandwich plate for $12.95. They also serve breakfast. I guess that's for the fishermen who show up early.

Anyway - farewell Malio's.......................

trash man

trash man sounds like a guy named feltman, the alabama flash,,,,,,,

retired and content

retired and content sounds like a neat dude,,,, and enjoyin life, its ashame about malios,,,,,,, damn, the old place was a goodie

Seabreeze

Guest 9 you have a very good memory..........

Blue Sea

Found the Blue Sea that was mentioned earlier. WOW. I have never seen so much food on one plate. THey had to rubber band the lid so it would stay closed. I had the shrimp dinner which could easily feed 2-3 people, it was only $7! The hushpuppies were great. Great recommendation.

to the trash man

ok trash man, go back in time,,,,,,, what was the name of the drive in where broadway and columbus come together, where jabo giddens and all the creekers hung out,,,,,,,,, also just east of that was a restaurant, served great b fasts and lunches real country place. right across from the cattle auction place,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, trash man will know im sure

Restaurant at Broadway & Col. Dr.

If memory serves me correct, the name of the drive in restaurant was "Jerry's". What was the name of the 5' tall waitress (the one with the moustache) at J&J's Country Kitchen across from the cattle barn?

trash man

damn trash man, u hit that one on the head, i forgot both of those names,, and yep she had a moustache,,,,,,, hehehhehee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast