Diet Suggestions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hey fat deputies and officers need love too! So what if the dispatcher is fat, she or he is not the stuffed sausage the public sees, so whats worse? By the way not ALL dispatchers are fat or ugly!!! However if you checked your bad 'tude at the door, maybe you would know that! Just for once it would be nice to get a thank you for when we dispatchers do a good job for you all. But I guess for some thats too much to ask for. I, too, am tired of the nastiness said about us. We dont get to dodge calls or take 60 mins for lunch, work out ON DUTY, shop or do errands on duty, unlike many in road patrol. Have you all ever been denied a basic human need, such as going to the bathroom???? No, I didnt think so, so go hide and dodge calls somewhere else, until you can do my job, shut the F*** up!!!! To those of you who treat us well and with common courtesy, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! And by the way, if you think a road officer/deputy may never get denied a basic human need, such as going to the bathroom - or maybe refilling that water bottle that's been empty for 2 hours because they can't leave a scene - try again. And for the record, before it goes there, I can do your job, and I still do. :P

Ok, if you are a deputy/officer, its very rare you cant get relief to go potty. But if you are a deputy/officer, I can almost guarantee you CAN NOT do my job.....sorry computer not cooperating during the last post.....

Enough Already

Why does it seem like there is a perpetual pissing contest over who can and/or can't do the other's job? Obviously the dispatcher doesn't want to or can't do the road units job because they are dispatchers and it would appear that the road unit can't or doesn't want to be a dispatcher. So what's the problem? I'm a dispatcher and my husband is on the road and we both have a mutual respect for what the other one does during those 12 hours at work. I don't understand why some dispatchers get an attitude because the road is calling in 10-50's like there's no tomorrow. Afterall isn't that part of the road unit's job and isn't it also a part of the dispatcher's job to put in the 10-50? Again, what's the problem? The group of road units that I work with rarely give any attitude and if they do, I don't take it personally. If it does happen it's usually because they have been just as slammed as we have been and they are behind on reports and the calls keep coming in. I take it as more frustration on their part than a personal attack on me. Either that or I'm just very thicked skinned and I don't let it get to me because as long as the phones get answered and the calls get dispatched, all of us will still be getting that paycheck every two weeks. And with gas prices going up everyday, that's a good thing!!!!

WHATEVER........

These posts goes to show you the maturity level on both sides. You all need to grow up and that includes the dispatchers who are supposedly trying to defend themselves. I don't know who Jenny is but either she's seriously gullable and not that bright or she's really a deputy poking fun. Resorting to take out is a lame excuse. Bring something healthy to work to eat or get a healthy sub. Deputies get to eat the same crap take out you do. They don't eat at nice fancy healthy restaurants. Sitting in a room all day (or night) is not an exuse as to why you don't get exercise. You do have time off don't you? And to those that think most dispatchers are whores, it works on both sides. If a deputy is sexually involved with a dispatcher, it's not just her fault for being a home wrecker. It's also the deputy's fault. Both need to use self control and be faithful to the one they are with. And if you're dumb enough to get involved, at least learn how to be discrete. Nobody cares if dispatchers (or deputies) are date worthy. It's a law enforcement agency, not a dating svc. No one cares about your qualifications as a gf/bf. I'm there to do my job as a dispatcher, nothing more. I eat healthy, go to the gym, & run 4 miles 3-4 times a week. There's no excuse to being unhealthy and there's no excuse for bad behavior in the work place. It's embarassing to know that people here with bad attitudes actually serve the public.

AND

Quote Originally Posted by Yummy
    While I don't find the fatties date worthy, I don't mind tossin' a batch of the ol' baby batter up in 'em! Just don't tell my friends.

Bring your lunch, exercise at home, don't be nasty on the radio. "10-9 case?" "54, go to info, I'm 10-6!"

Don't destroy every marrige you cume across ?

Diet

I don't know if I'm writing the right stuff, but I thought this was about diet help. I lost 8 lbs in 6 weeks by only lowering my carb portions of food and drinking diet Citrus Green Tea. 2 hrs after that, I eat one carb (like a fruit) and 1 protein (either a small portion of walnuts/nuts or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter). 2 hrs. later I eat lunch which is 2 carbs (like 2 slices of bread) and any protein & vegetables. 2 hrs. later again, I'll eat another carb (like a yogurt or slice of cheese) and a protein (like a boiled egg or some tuna. Hopefully we can all help each other out to not get the "dispatcher's butt". For portions I just use my cup - for ex: 1 carb for lunch could be 1/2 cup of rice or spaghetti; which in turn 2 carbs would be one cupful. I had been on this diet before when I was pregnant because of gestational diabetes and I actually lost weight while eating for two. If there's a cake in the breakroom, I don't deny it to myself; but if I just ate, I'll save a small slice and wait until my 2 hrs to eat it as my carb.

Re: Diet Suggestions

Don't know about anyone else but in our comms center we don't get out and about. We don't have an hour or even a 30 min break. We eat at the consoles. Can't speak for anyone else but I MOST definitely don't mind if someone is doing a 10-50 while im eating. After all how the hell and why the hell should they know our eating schedule? As for the whole all dispatchers are fat, ugly and unattractive thing... All of my co-workers on my squad are skinny and attractive people. I don't agree with someone saying that this job makes you fat however I do agree there are times when you simply don't have enough time for anything else but fast food... but HELLO if you eat fast food everyday , you're gonna get fat.... Bottom line is that you eat whatever you want ... if you're gonna eat like a pig, face the consequesces and don't blame anyone else but yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123