Spanish Speaking Deputies only
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spanish Speaking Deputies only

I was looking at the permits and saw one that I wanted to work. I noticed that the Phi Delta Kappa on 6-2-07 at 2300 hrs is mandating SPANISH SPEAKING DEPUTIES ONLY. Since when did they start discriminating against American English speaking Deputies? My Father and Grandfather fought hard in previous wars' so their son didn't get treated like this.

quay

I can sign up for it. I know three words of Spanish. The permit didn't say fluent deputies.

Thats gotta violate some policy or discrimination law! Anyone contact the a PBA rep.

Éste es **** Soy seguro que esta discriminación en ella es la mayor nivel. No trabajar por favor este detalle. Pedirán después blancos o negros solamente.

This is **** I am sure this discrimination at it's highest standard. Please don't work this detail. Next they'll be asking for whites or blacks only.

Ask the PBA? For what? That could cut into their tee time!

The permit is requesting spanish speaking deputies not demanding! There is a difference.

Quay

Detail Slots:

Name
    Vehicle
    Rank
    Position Options
    2 positions are available for this slot. Vehicle Deputy59578 Click for Options

Detail Address: 5700 BENTBROOK BLVD LAKE WORTH, FL, 33467-6345

Contact Person: Miguel Resendiz
    Description: DIGGI PHIDK1/2

Address 5700 Bentbrook Blvd, Lake Worth

Contact Miguel Resendiz 561-248-5178

Vehicle Yes

They changed the verbage. This is what I originaly cut and pasted.

Event Quinceanera

Job Profile *SPECIAL NOTE - SPANISH SPEAKING DEPUTIES ONLY*

Provide general security and prevent unwanted persons from entering party.

*M*

Re: Spanish Speaking Deputies only

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy1
    I was looking at the permits and saw one that I wanted to work. I noticed that the Phi Delta Kappa on 6-2-07 at 2300 hrs is mandating SPANISH SPEAKING DEPUTIES ONLY. Since when did they start discriminating against American English speaking Deputies? My Father and Grandfather fought hard in previous wars' so their son didn't get treated like this.
    I saw that when I was looking at the permits. It did say "Spanish Speaking Deputies Only" Looks like your posting made some phone calls, because that got changed real quick. LOL!!!! Looks like this leoaffairs is pretty effective. I must admit "requested" does sound much better.

Is the Border Patrol allowed to work this detail?

Re: Spanish Speaking Deputies only

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy1
    If you read the ENTIRE permit, it is clear that it is for a Quincenera, which is like a Sweet 16 party for a Hispanic young lady. It also stands to reason that many of the guests will be more fluent and comfortable speaking in Spanish. Since we are not going to solve the immigration problem here today, why not allow some COMMON SENSE to take over? Would it not be feasible to have someone there who can COMMUNICATE with the guests should there be a problem? SHould you be able to work the detail? Absolutely. Should the person PAYING for the Deputy to be there be able to request a Spanish Speaking Deputy? Absolutely. All this on the internet is nonsense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast